Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Headliner color

Old 07-23-2018, 05:18 PM
Received 534 Likes on 451 Posts
Question Headliner color

Can anyone tell me the color of the headliner in my SRT please?
I say it is a light grey color and my wife says it is a beige color.
I have trouble with greys and some greens so I am not sure what it is, from the forum it appears that people say grey. I would like it as close to OEM as possible to match the trunk upper panels.
If anyone knows where I can get the OEM look material I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

Old 07-23-2018, 06:12 PM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Old 07-23-2018, 07:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Headliner color

Ditto , light grey....not a bad deal either...

Old 07-23-2018, 07:17 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine looks to be light grey with a slight tint of beige. Squirrel Crusher

Old 07-23-2018, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by Squirrel Crusher
Mine looks to be light grey with a slight tint of beige. Squirrel Crusher
That would be a shade of taupe. The sample I cut from my headliner could be called a taupe colour close to a light gray.
Thanks for your input and thanks to BC for his.
Though Amazon does not have it and the other seems a bit much to pay. US$100 plus shipping to Canada.

Last edited by onehundred80; 07-24-2018 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:00 PM

I purchased 2 yards of material, grey #2340. That number popped up a few times in my search and is touted to be the correct colour in an eBay ad. They wanted $65.50 for 60” x 60” and I got 60” x 72” for $52.
I hope it matches, if not I will cover the ‘A’ pillar trim with the extra material.
Now to remove the headliner.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:03 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not gonna say a word , not gonna jinx mine!..

Old 07-26-2018, 08:23 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

s
Originally Posted by onehundred80
I purchased 2 yards of material, grey #2340. That number popped up a few times in my search and is touted to be the correct colour in an eBay ad. They wanted $65.50 for 60” x 60” and I got 60” x 72” for $52.
I hope it matches, if not I will cover the ‘A’ pillar trim with the extra material.
This is what I did. Replaced the Headliner with grey but it was a different hue than stock, so I painted, yes, painted the headliner and A pillars with grey vinyl and fabric paint. After painting the headliner, I brushed it with a nylon brush, you would never know that it had ever been a different color and matches A pillar perfectly.

Last edited by JEFASOLD; 07-26-2018 at 08:24 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 08-03-2018, 03:43 PM

The fabric arrived and it does not match by a long shot, I guess it goes back. It is too light by far. This is definately light grey and beside it my headliner looks a darker beige/grey. It is nowhere near as dark a grey as their sample on eBay. In another ad they say that material is for the Crossfire.Everyone says grey but beside the headliner sent mine looks a beige/taupe.
I purchased it from Headliner Magic in Winter Park Florida.
The colors shown in the picture are closer than they are in real life, 2340 is the colour used.

Last edited by onehundred80; 08-03-2018 at 05:53 PM.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:08 AM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi onehundred80,

You haven't posted any updates on this headliner project. Am curious (and others here too) to see your progress on this.

Watchin!

Regards,

Old 08-25-2018, 10:23 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

A friend helped/removed my headliner. Took it to a local shop had material replaced
with light gray (matches perfectly) Friend re-installed. Cost $150.00 OH, in Brockton MA. USA

Old 08-25-2018, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by CROSSFIRERUSH
Hi onehundred80,

You haven't posted any updates on this headliner project. Am curious (and others here too) to see your progress on this.

Watchin!

Regards,
The supplier has matched the colour and has sent a new material to use. I will report on the result when I receive it.
This material is for the SRT, I am not sure if all the headliners were the same colour. My material was definitely not grey.

Old 08-25-2018, 06:21 PM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

Can't really tell you the color match as I had mine in the 2007 Coupe recovered by a local upholstery shop I've used for past 20 years. I asked him to match the OEM cover as best he good in both color & material quality. Recovered headliner looked good when I picked it up and looks even better now that it's back in the car. And trust me,going back was much easier than taking it out. I paid $150 for the recover job, but like I said, this shop is probably the best overall around here. Sometimes, you gotta pay for quality work.

Good luck with you headliner recovering.

Old 08-25-2018, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Can't really tell you the color match as I had mine in the 2007 Coupe recovered by a local upholstery shop I've used for past 20 years. I asked him to match the OEM cover as best he good in both color & material quality. Recovered headliner looked good when I picked it up and looks even better now that it's back in the car. And trust me,going back was much easier than taking it out. I paid $150 for the recover job, but like I said, this shop is probably the best overall around here. Sometimes, you gotta pay for quality work.

Good luck with you headliner recovering.
Thanks for the wishes of good luck, bluecoupe recommended that I get a pro to do the job and I agree. He also said the liner was grey but a sample of my liner is far from being grey.
The interior trim is a good match for the colour, I have to check the part numbers of the interior trim to see if there is more than one part number. I always thought that the liners were all the same colour.

Old 08-26-2018, 07:16 AM
Received 522 Likes on 415 Posts

Thanks for the wishes of good luck, bluecoupe recommended that I get a pro to do the job and I agree. He also said the liner was grey but a sample of my liner is far from being grey.
The interior trim is a good match for the colour, I have to check the part numbers of the interior trim to see if there is more than one part number. I always thought that the liners were all the same colour.
The headliner is some sort of grayish-beige color - Hah! It is somewhat unique and like I said, I left it up to the upholstery shop to match it as best he could. Whatever color I got, it looks good in the car. And like you, I thought all the headliners, whether for NAs or SRTs, were the same.

Last edited by dedwards0323; 08-26-2018 at 07:20 AM.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
The headliner is some sort of grayish-beige color - Hah! It is somewhat unique and like I said, I left it up to the upholstery shop to match it as best he could. Whatever color I got, it looks good in the car. And like you, I thought all the headliners, whether for NAs or SRTs, were the same.
Looking at the parts list I gather that there are three or four part numbers for the head liner which I presume are some number of colors, but only one colour of A pillar trim. The part numbers may vary because of some mod to the board but not the cover material colour, who knows.
The head liners seemingly are for three possible trim variations DZ, GJ and A7. The A pillar trim is for all trim variations.
The parts lists are confusing to say the least, and I am totally confused.

Last edited by onehundred80; 08-26-2018 at 09:24 AM.
Old 08-26-2018, 01:10 PM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking at the parts list I gather that there are three or four part numbers for the head liner which I presume are some number of colors, but only one colour of A pillar trim. The part numbers may vary because of some mod to the board but not the cover material colour, who knows.
The head liners seemingly are for three possible trim variations DZ, GJ and A7. The A pillar trim is for all trim variations.
The parts lists are confusing to say the least, and I am totally confused.
Take it to a shop Dave and pick out a color from ALL the samples they will have. Worked GREAT for me. LOOKS original.
Cost: $150.00 ( in Brockton, MA. USA )

Old 08-26-2018, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Billto
Take it to a shop Dave and pick out a color from ALL the samples they will have. Worked GREAT for me. LOOKS original.
Cost: $150.00 ( in Brockton, MA. USA )
An eBay seller has sent a cloth they matched for me, it is on its way so within the next few days I should know how close it is to my SRT liner.
There trouble with these cars is that interior trim code is not easily visible, presumably it is behind the rear bumper cover with the exterior colour code.

Old 09-17-2018, 08:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

An eBay seller has sent a cloth they matched for me, it is on its way so within the next few days I should know how close it is to my SRT liner.
There trouble with these cars is that interior trim code is not easily visible, presumably it is behind the rear bumper cover with the exterior colour code.
Have you received it yet? I am needing to replace mine and need to know which color to order.

Old 09-17-2018, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by toomanyturbos
Have you received it yet? I am needing to replace mine and need to know which color to order.
Yes I have it, see my post ’Headliner fabric’ from last week for details. It gives you the colour and item number from Headliner Magic in Garland Texas. It matches my SRT headliner pretty well, it may be a couple of shades lighter but the colour is right. The colour to my eyes is a beigey gray, good people to deal with. Some places lack customer relations expertise, these people are very helpful. I sent a sample of my fabric to help them. I am not sure if all the headliners are the same colour or not.

Quick Reply: Headliner color