Midwest Forum Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY.

St. Louis Owners Group.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St. Louis Owners Group.

Anybody out there from St. Louis? If so, you know the next question... What High School did you go to?

Anyhow, just wanting to converse with other owners in the metro area...

Thanking God for un-deserved blessings...
Doug

2004 Blaze Red Automatic #16699
Born 12/08/2003
Titled 03/29/2005

Last edited by Valk; 06-27-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:30 PM
Default Re: St. Louis Metro Owners...

Well, I don't live in St. Louis anymore, but I'm in Mid-Missouri. I grew up in St. Louis ( and for the other question - Normandy '67). How many other XF owners are in this area. So far, I've only seen 5 + my own, and they were all on the dealers lots.

I'm looking forward to the next few weeks, as I have trips to both KC and St. Louis. I'll see how many I can spot.

Old 04-11-2005, 08:29 PM

Well, so far, I'm thinking I can count two.

There are plenty on the lots of local dealerships. I have seen a few around St. Peters, but don't have a good count. To get a good deal though, I had to go over 180 miles to Bolivar (30 miles north of Springfield).

Believe me, when I see an owner somewhere, I'll be asking if they know about our forum to get them plugged in and join us online.

If you're ever planning on visiting your old stomping grounds, give me a heads-up and maybe we can meet up.

Old 04-22-2005, 02:20 PM

The famous question from St. Louis. I went to CBC.

Old 04-24-2005, 11:41 PM

I had just about given up on finding any other XFire owners in St. Louis. We have seen a few Coupes and only 3 Roadsters (black, yellow and silver).

I'm St. Joe Academy, class of '65 and my new "drug of choice" is a Blaze Red Roadster. I have been running around almost all Winter with the top down.....I call it my version of snow-mobiling!

I have owned many many cars in my time but I have never seen anything like the "WOW" factor this one brings out!! My husband says that driving it is the most fun he has ever had with his clothes on!

One place you usually can find us on Sundays in out on Highway 94 in the Wine Country. Between the great curves, beautiful scenery, and lots of places to stop for a bite and a glass of wine....what more can you ask for????

Old 04-25-2005, 06:55 PM

I'm not from St. Louis, but about 4 or 5 hours west in Lawrence Kansas, and if there is a Cory Spinks Zab Judah rubber match I'll be on my way there.

Old 04-25-2005, 07:10 PM

One place you usually can find us on Sundays in out on Highway 94 in the Wine Country. Between the great curves, beautiful scenery, and lots of places to stop for a bite and a glass of wine....what more can you ask for????

Hermann is only a few miles down the road from us - might see you sometime.

Old 04-29-2005, 07:44 AM

It's great to finally see some other St. Louis owners post! I was beginning to think that
"James" in West County and I were the only ones on the site! I've seen maybe a half dozen
on the road in the last few months. We'd like to see some kind of group form in the area, it
would be fun.
Oh, I lived away from St. Louis during high school. I'm sure folks from other parts of the country wonder what "this" is all about!

Old 04-29-2005, 09:12 PM

We would love to get together with other XFire owners! I'm with you on finding other local owners. I don't know why people aren't jumping on the bandwagon.............it is the most beautiful car on the road today. I was going to get a BMW Z4, but you see dozens of them every day and I wanted something with more flash!

My husband is a chef and will be busy on Saturdays until the end of September, but we have Sundays almost every week. What a traffic jam we would create as a group!

Regarding the "high school" thing...........my husband is from Switzerland so you can imagine how weird he thought that whole thing is!

Old 05-01-2005, 09:30 PM
Thumbs up Re: St. Louis Metro Owners...

Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised to find the thread is growing! Maybe we can all plan on a cruise sometime in mid or late September when the coupe and roadster owners can both enjoy the weather. Not sure we want to try it in July or August with St. Louis' famous humidity!

Anyway, let me know if you're interested and any ideas you may have for where. Of course we can always plan on meeting at a Sonic, but you may have better ideas.

Old 05-01-2005, 10:30 PM
Smile Re: St. Louis Metro Owners...

How about Highway 94, one of the wineries..............Sugar Creek or one of the others? Those who don't drink are still always welcome at the wineries. What a glorious sight we would make cruising along together out there!!

We would be up for anywhere, except maybe Sonic!

Old 05-01-2005, 11:51 PM

Early September would be good. I work in a power plant and after mid-Sept through November I will be on shift during the weekends.

Old 05-04-2005, 06:24 PM

Hi, were about four hours from St Louis, outside KC, in Weston, we would be happy to drive over to meet you all... Chris and Cindi

Old 05-05-2005, 07:48 PM

We would love to have you! The more the merrier!! My husband and I may be coming to KC in late June. We love to celebrate my birthday at Country Club Plaza. Maybe we could get together.

Old 05-06-2005, 12:24 AM

Hi,
Sounds great to us, we are due to be in Oregon at the beginning of June but will be back by the 15th...

Old 05-10-2005, 07:02 PM

Hey folks, just hit me that the Summer Solstice is comming up next month. Its on a Tuesday, but the Sunday before would be a great day for a cruise - near the longest day of the year. There's a nice restaurant just north of Jeff. City off 54. We could meet there at noon on the 19th and cruise on over to Hermann, the REAL wine country in Missouri.

Old 05-10-2005, 08:17 PM

We would be up for that! My birthday is June 22, so let's celebrate!!

Old 05-10-2005, 11:32 PM
Cool Re: St. Louis Metro Owners...

I figure we could meet at the restaurant overlooking the Missouri just off 54 in Holts Summit. Roll down 94 through the river valley to Hermann for lunch at a fine German Restaurant. Then pick up 100 to route C. This takes us through Frankenstein Mo. (don't blink, you'd miss it). Then to route A, I believe this goes to Nortons Park (I'll check with Bill if I see him) that has an inscription from the Lewis and Clark expedition. Finally on to 50/63 for the circle back to Jeff City. Some good twisty roads to give the cars a good workout in some very pretty bluff countryside.

Update - Nortons park is on Route J off of the 50/63 leg- it would be just a small side trip to get to Jeff. City from there.

Just to check out what sounded like a good route, we ran it (what can I say, beautiful spring day here in mid-mo). The winery/restaurant would probably be a bad place to start, as there is no exit when coming from the north on 54. However, I ran from Fulton on O and it was good. If anyone's interested, meet at 11:00 am in Fulton at the "rare car museum". Take business 54 into Fulton from the north. It will be on the right just a few blocks from the first stoplight, in the same lot as Gerbes and Dairy Queen. If you can come or have suggestions, let me know.

Old 05-20-2005, 10:24 PM
Thumbs up Re: St. Louis Metro Owners...

All,

I'm really glad we got this thread started! While me and my wife may not be available for the Summer Solstice trip, I'm looking into the Chrysler Inspired Drives. St. Louis will be one of the eight cities for this free event.

They'll have professional drivers taking passengers for "thrill rides" in an SRT6 and a 300C SRT8. And they say we'll get to drive in a course and on a "drag strip". Other events in store for those who register in advance.

It'll be held August 6th and 7th at the Family Arena in St. Charles, MO. My wife and I have already signed up, so check it out. Let me know if you've signed up and we'll arrange a cruise each evening for those at the event.

More info can be found at these links:

http://www.chrysler.com/inspireddrives/activities.html

http://www.chrysler.com/inspireddri...dex&type=events

I'm just glad we're getting some events going for the St. Louis owners! I don't have to be the leader on this thread just 'cause I started it. It's just great to know others are interested in meeting other St. Louis owners.

Old 05-21-2005, 11:34 PM
Smile Re: St. Louis Metro Owners...

We will be there for the Sunday Event. My husband has to work Saturday. I registered for the early events (9, 10, and 11 a.m.) hoping that it won't be too crowded. We live just a few miles from the arena on the St. Louis side of the river.

We would be happy to join in a cruise Sunday.

Quick Reply: St. Louis Owners Group.