Midwest Forum Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY.

Indiana Crossfires Meet and Greet

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 07:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Indiana Crossfires Meet and Greet

Sounds like we have a consensus for an I-64 route, but that most folks want to wait until later (probably late Spring of 2010) to plan the particulars. Possibly the best alternative for all of us is to wait until we see how vacations and personal commitments get scheduled, before we commit to times and dates for convoying to St Looie.

On a similar note, I accessed Bohrmian's Map again and found a Page 2, on which, lo and behold, there is an I-70 Route (ichon's route). Ichon is leaving Eastern PA, traveling (close) to Pittsburgh PA, through Columbus OH, through Indianapolis IN and on to St. Louis. Now Hoosier's have two alternatives for ganging up to fight off the troopers.

On another similar note, I see that the Western contingent of the Dragon is already on the road. Itsky left Denver (ahead of a snow storm) and is in Topeka KS. Were still ahead of him, and we haven't even left yet (although Jane will be there Thursday night)! I'll see y'all on Friday.

naughteven

Old 10-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tpoag
Bob and Marilyn just made reservations yesterday...but not at Harrahs. Brian and Tracey have to wait and see if another planned trip falls into the same time slot. If not, they are interested. I am working on a few more people. I'am actually looking at starting up a group for Xfire owners...........
"Ohio Valley Crossfires" Nothing too complicated, just something to try and organize Crossfire owners around Evansville and along the Ohio, maybe even James up in Cinci. Hopefully we can organize a few drives involving owners from Louisville and other areas. Lots of nice driving along the Ohio River.

Terry
Keep us posted Terry, I am sure I could make it down for some GTGs if you get it going strong, I am only up in Indy....

Old 10-28-2009, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by tpoag
Bob and Marilyn just made reservations yesterday...but not at Harrahs. Brian and Tracey have to wait and see if another planned trip falls into the same time slot. If not, they are interested. I am working on a few more people. I'am actually looking at starting up a group for Xfire owners...........
"Ohio Valley Crossfires" Nothing too complicated, just something to try and organize Crossfire owners around Evansville and along the Ohio, maybe even James up in Cinci. Hopefully we can organize a few drives involving owners from Louisville and other areas. Lots of nice driving along the Ohio River.

Terry
I think some summer cruises down the Ohio (Byway) would be great. Maybe starting at Evansville and cruising down the Ohio through Newburgh and beyond. I've been driving the Ohio River Scenic Byway and some of it is very nice. However, if you make every stop identified on the Byway, you spend more time looking than driving, although some of the stops are definitely worthwhile.

naughteven

Old 10-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Forum Regular

Dennis: Barb and Gary Edds and I will be meeting the St. Louis group at 11:00 AM our time Thursday at the Pilot station at 41 and I-64. Will be will going to Fontana. If you would like to caravan with us, feel free. Meet us at the Pilot gas station and we'll go from there.

Jane

Old 10-28-2009, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by JaneBridges
Dennis: Barb and Gary Edds and I will be meeting the St. Louis group at 11:00 AM our time Thursday at the Pilot station at 41 and I-64. Will be will going to Fontana. If you would like to caravan with us, feel free. Meet us at the Pilot gas station and we'll go from there.

Jane
Thanks Jane, but I'm going to be stuck on site until 1:00 at the earliest in a meeting with the Engineering Company for the Coal Handling System. We are not complying with our enviromental requirements and are looking at a new proposal on the Coal Dust Colection System. I'm going to try and catch up with Valk in Florence and come in with him, although I may be late in getting into Florence Thursday night. I should be in Fontana, Friday night at the latest.

Dennis

Old 10-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Dennis, I will keep my eye out for you, I'll be leaving my place our 4 am Friday morning...not sure whether I will take 74 to Cinncinati, or 65 to Louisville rt yet...but I will be on one of them Friday morning...shooting for Lexington to stop at Cracker Barrel for breakfast, then non-stop to the Dragon...later...headin' for the track....

Old 10-28-2009, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Dennis, I will keep my eye out for you, I'll be leaving my place our 4 am Friday morning...not sure whether I will take 74 to Cinncinati, or 65 to Louisville rt yet...but I will be on one of them Friday morning...shooting for Lexington to stop at Cracker Barrel for breakfast, then non-stop to the Dragon...later...headin' for the track....
At 4am, I should still be in bed in the Florence KY Red Roof Inn. About 8:00, 6 - 10 X'Fires should be headed south on 74, with me/naughteven/Rocky Park in the pack. We will look for you, and we all/most of us should have walky talky's on "some" channel. We used Channel 2 for the IL/KY run, but I don't know what channel we'll use Friday.

naughteven

Old 10-28-2009, 09:43 PM

I have some, but they don't have the private channels....but I will call Gary, when I leave Lexington...and see where you all are...

Old 10-28-2009, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by naughteven
At 4am, I should still be in bed in the Florence KY Red Roof Inn. About 8:00, 6 - 10 X'Fires should be headed south on 74, with me/naughteven/Rocky Park in the pack. We will look for you, and we all/most of us should have walky talky's on "some" channel. We used Channel 2 for the IL/KY run, but I don't know what channel we'll use Friday.

naughteven
Make sure they don't leave without us LOL. Molly and I will be meeting up with you guys before you leave the hotel. I will be in cell contact with Gary, but unless you hear otherwise, wait for us

Doc, looking forward to chasing you through the hills again, hearing nothing but exhaust and a nasty whine from the car in from of me

John

Old 10-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was reading on the net about those radios the other day. Used them on a trip to Canada in Oct. Anyway the site said that those private sub channels only stop you from hearing others on the same channel that you and your partner are on. Others can however still hear you if they are on sub channel 0 or don't have subchannels. I have 4 radios and it seems to be the case. Channels 1-7 FRS & GMRS shared low power, Channels 8-15 FRS only low power, Channels 15-22 GMRS only more power longer range ( the ones that require a license).

Last edited by Larry Hitze; 10-28-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:04 PM

I can hear them, but can't talk to them...when they are on the sub channel...anyway...we'll all meet up along the way, I am running 65 to 64 down...the better half and I will stop in Lexington for a break....I'll give Gary a call...John, I will plug your number into my phone if I haven't already...and I just looked and I have, so I'll call Molly not you...lol....drive my wife nuts...

Old 10-28-2009, 11:07 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I can hear them, but can't talk to them...when they are on the sub channel...anyway...we'll all meet up along the way, I am running 65 to 64 down...the better half and I will stop in Lexington for a break....I'll give Gary a call...John, I will plug your number into my phone if I haven't already...and I just looked and I have, so I'll call Molly not you...lol....drive my wife nuts...
Have them turn thier sub channel to 0 if you don't have sub channels and all will be well if everyone is on the same primary channel. All of the radios use the same frequencies on the same channel so if all are set the same they should work together.

Last edited by Larry Hitze; 10-29-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:01 AM

so I'll call Molly not you...lol....drive my wife nuts...
LMAO, sounds good Doc

When we are in Florence, I am hoping someone can get me straight on which chennels/sub channels we are going to use. I just got the radio a couple weeks ago for the occasion and have yet to turn it on....

Old 10-29-2009, 08:24 AM

yes set you sub channel to 0....I will scan till I find your setting...whatever that number is....I'll catch up to ya Friday or vice versa

Old 10-29-2009, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
LMAO, sounds good Doc

When we are in Florence, I am hoping someone can get me straight on which chennels/sub channels we are going to use. I just got the radio a couple weeks ago for the occasion and have yet to turn it on....
John;
I'm in the same boat with a new set of 2-ways. Maybe you and Doc can show me how these work. I'll have them with me, but I have yet to turn them on.

naughteven

Old 11-03-2009, 09:42 AM

Doc and Dennis, Thanks for a fun ride home, when it warms up, we will have to have some get togethers for sure.

I think Doc should try to get them to stop traffic for us so we can make some high speed runs through Cicero LMAO. What do you think, Doc???