Midwest Forum Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY.

Indiana Crossfires Meet and Greet

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Indiana Crossfires Meet and Greet

I have finally secured Kahlo Dodge Chrysler Jeep to start out our Meet and Greet. We will meet at Kahlo's 9900 Pleasant St., Noblesville IN 10:00 AM Saturday, July 26th. There are several restuarants nearby, so I haven't made any plans where we will have lunch. Not knowing the number of attendees, I decided to let each of us decide on our own. For the afternoon, we will cruise to the local park to relax, polish our cars, and get to know one another. Later in the evening, we will cruise a short distance to the Courthouse square to view vintage cars and show off our own. There again,there are restuarants within walking distance for all to have an evening dinner. After dinner, we can all go to a nearby pub if you wish to conclude your evening. I talked with the local Fairfield Inn, 17960 Foundation Drive, Noblesville IN, finoblesville@midwesthospitality.com (800) 396-3126 to secure rooms for anyone wishing to spend the night. They aren't cheap $149 for the night, but it is secure and a lot of parking area.
Now, this is a long day, so feel free to attend any or all of this meet and greet. Also feel free to make your own reservations. There are a lot of nearby motels. I will post directions to the park as we grow closer to time of the meet...Doc

Old 07-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Indiana Crossfires Meet and Greet

I live in Carmel and I can tell you for sure that I'll be there. Looking forward to it, I can't wait to meet some other owners and to see some new X-fire's. Mabye get some ideas for my own. See you all there.

Old 07-09-2008, 04:19 PM

thanks, see you there, will post more later...and you know since you are from Carmel, we will be going to Forest Park in the PM...

Old 07-09-2008, 05:08 PM

As I've mentioned a long time ago, I have to work on Saturdays and won't get off work till about 5 o'clock. Assuming traffic doesn't eat me alive, it will probably be a half hour drive to Noblesville (I'm gonna have to take a change of clothes to work with me), do you have any idea where you'll be between 5:30 and 6? Will you still be in the park (I'll need directions), or at the town square? And finally do we have any idea what time we're planning on calling it a night officially?

Old 07-10-2008, 04:00 PM

I would say we would be right at the time to go to the town square...we will be in Forest Park, St Rd 19 N 1/2 mile...where will be at 5 pm...and I will call it a night when everyone else does...so late I would say...

Old 07-10-2008, 04:15 PM

I will sure try to be there. I'll be coming from Mishawaka and will have to leave fairly early (8:30-9;00) but I'm looking forward to it! let me know what some of the details are when you know them.

Old 07-11-2008, 12:18 PM

Alas, I will be leaving on vacation the night before so I will miss this one. Perhaps a fall meet and greet is in the offing.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:11 AM
Arrow Re: Indiana Crossfires Meet and Greet

Just stumbled on this while reading the Crossfire Coup Thread.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=25698

Morocco is a little town in northeast Indiana about 12 Miles west of Rensselaer (here is a google map shot http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl)

Old 07-19-2008, 05:32 AM

MajorTom, sorry to see you can't make it...you will be missed...I hope someone else will take up the challenge to keep an INDIANA meet going...plenty of XF weather left...

Old 07-19-2008, 05:32 AM

Working a map for our meet and greet on July 26th... will post soon...

Old 07-19-2008, 02:08 PM

Well I got some bad news. My work rescheduled me on the 26th, and now I won't be getting off work till 7 o'clock. I'm going to assume everyone will still be at the town square at that time. Plus they scheduled me to work on Sunday (which I usually have off). I'm going to play this by ear. Depending on how work goes on Saturday, I may or may not even try to make it. Hopefully I can make it to the next one, and hopefully my job won't jack me around when it comes.

Old 07-19-2008, 05:24 PM

I understand man, give that car a bath, I saw it today going by on 69....at least I think it was yours....I will be around all night and yes we will be downtown by then...and I have to work Sunday as well....

Old 07-21-2008, 06:34 AM

Well, the time is getting close and I haven't heard from many of you...I am still trying to communicate with the city, but no response so far...we will just have to hang out around the park in the afternoon. So plan on some downtime or cruise the area until evening for the downtown cruise in...see you there....

Old 07-21-2008, 11:45 AM

OK...our first set-back! The park director just called and cancelled our spot do to a conflict. We were last, so we were first to get bumped. We will meet at Kahlo's and discuss what everyone would like to do, but I feel with the low response I have had so far...I will only guarantee a meet at Kahlo's and lunch somewhere nearby. There is a cruise-in held every Saturday night on the downtown square , which is what I was hoping to do, but with our afternoon cancelled, it could get boring...I am open to suggestions.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:47 PM

bump.......

Old 07-21-2008, 02:06 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
OK...our first set-back! The park director just called and cancelled our spot do to a conflict. We were last, so we were first to get bumped. We will meet at Kahlo's and discuss what everyone would like to do, but I feel with the low response I have had so far...I will only guarantee a meet at Kahlo's and lunch somewhere nearby. There is a cruise-in held every Saturday night on the downtown square , which is what I was hoping to do, but with our afternoon cancelled, it could get boring...I am open to suggestions.
I hadn't rsvp'd yet, but was hoping to make it. What about just gathering for the cruise in in the evening?

Old 07-21-2008, 08:12 PM

I'm open to that...what does everyone else think....

Old 07-22-2008, 09:06 AM
Forum Regular

How about meeting somewhere before the cruise for a little dinner and chat and then go cruise. This would work out for my schedule a bit better, allowing me to do rounds in the AM. My friend, Gary (aka Wanderman) will be coming in from a horse show in Columbus and wants to join as well.

So, please let us know where to meet and I would appreciate directions as I'm not very familiar with the area.

Jane

Old 07-22-2008, 09:32 AM

Well I am off work at 2pm, so I plan to meet up with the group and do whatever everyone else is. I don't really mind what time, Because this cruise is going to be really cool. Mabye some of us should exchange cell # for texts to make this a little easier to communicate, and to get the info around quicker. PM me or whatever. Looking forward to the cruise. -michael-

Last edited by topgunf14; 07-22-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 05:47 AM
Forum Regular

Oledoc. Let's make a decision and let people know.

Jane

Quick Reply: Indiana Crossfires Meet and Greet