Midwest Forum Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY.

Indiana Crossfires Meet and Greet

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Indiana Crossfires Meet and Greet

OK, Jane is suggesting, but it sounds good enough to be a meet to me....I am in for Sunday...the 21st...I will look for someplace in the area for a breakfast meet, possibly Greencastle.....Cloverdale area. Not much around there, but I will look...anybody know a place, let me know....thanks Jane...I will try to set it up, if this is ok with you....

Old 08-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sunday sounds good. I will contact the organizers and make sure that they will allow cars on the track during the noon hour.

I'll keep you posted.

Jane

Old 08-06-2008, 06:48 PM

thanks,,,,,,

Old 08-09-2008, 11:37 AM

haven't forgotten you guys that have posted, just been a very busy 2 wks...will start to compile list later this wk before WWDC....need more to post though....so post up people...

Old 08-18-2008, 06:45 PM

well, just got back from Woodward Cruise In...31 XF's at last count, met a grt bunch of people...you are missing the fun...post up and lets get our own IN Club going...thanks to you that have already posted...had a blast in Woodward, just not enough time to see all that old iron...some grt lookin' new iron as well...saw the new Camaro, Challenger R/T, many modded cars....met Rob, from Needswings...what a wknd...keep posting ....Doc

Old 08-20-2008, 06:12 PM

bump......

Old 08-28-2008, 06:30 PM

Ok, I haven't seen any posts for awhile, so I will plan another meet at the chrysler dealer for oct...1 last try before winter...when MY XF goes into hybernation...or modification...which ever comes 1st....I usually put her to bed in late November...so we still have some time....give me some dates in Oct for Sat only....this time we will do breakfast, dealership, cruise to somewhere...give me your thoughts....

Old 08-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be in Noblesville this weekend to attend a picnic with some friends, so if you see a Red Coupe with the Ohio plate "HEAR YEE", honk your horn and wave.

Old 08-31-2008, 05:28 AM

towncrier...I am in Noblesville right now "on duty" at the county hospital if you are still in town, drop by the security office...hospital is on the west side of town...it is Sunday morning...and we will be trying another meet for the rest of you IN XF owners...had a grt time racing SAT w/ the LET guys...got a tune, car is performing better than ever...can't wait to share my experience.....

Old 08-31-2008, 05:06 PM
Forum Regular

Just back from Putnam Park. Had a great weekend of racing with the Ohio Valley Porsche Car Club. No spins and my tires were great. Great group of people and impressive instructors.

Anyway, Oledoc, I still think you need to continue to work the Sept 21st event at Putnam Park. Meeting really early in the AM is hard for people driving from a distance. Consider meeting at Cloverdale, off of I-70 around 10-10:30. The track is about 10 minutes from there. Come to the track and watch the High Performance Driver's Ed (HPDE) program. Get comfortable with the track. Then, drive the track during the lunch hour. I'll make sure it will be OK and I'm going to have one of the members of the Central Indiana Porsche Club talk with the group about High Performance Drivers Ed. They have a little area that you can eat lunch. Then when you all are ready to drive elsewhere, you can go to your next venue.

Many people may not be aware of the HPDE programs and how great Putnam Park is. I hope you all will consider this. I'll be driving that weekend, but when I'm not on the track, I look forward to hanging out with you all.

Jane

Old 08-31-2008, 08:02 PM

Ok Jane, I will go through the list of INDIANA XF OWNERS first, then open it up to all nearby who might want to trek down...it is a good cruise in area...thanks for the meeting place...I will get started...anyone checking in...let us know if you can attend....

Old 08-31-2008, 08:05 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time is really short for me until after halloween as I am director for a large haunted house we run each season and opening night is September 26th. Other Crossfire owners in Southern Indiana would certainly be welcome to come to the haunted house in Seymour, if we wanted to do a weekend afternoon drive by as part of a little day trip, I would be happy to open up for a lights on tour.

www.fearfair.com

Old 08-31-2008, 08:19 PM

Now, that I like....speak up people...bhays has made us an offer as well...

Old 09-04-2008, 02:49 PM

There will be a meet and greet September 21st at the McDonald's Parking Lot just off I-70/US 231 interchange. McDonalds is south of I-70 on US 231, East side of the road. The time for the meeting is 10:00 A.M. We will spend some time at McDonalds then proceed to the Putnam Park road course. The trip should only take about 10-15 minutes. It could be faster, but the State Police Post is also located in that area, as well as the State Prison, so we will behave for the time being. I will PM as many names that have shown interest in the past.

Old 09-04-2008, 08:49 PM

Sounds like fun and so long as my work doesn't jack with me, i usually have Sunday's off. This could be a blast

Old 09-05-2008, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by JaneBridges
Just back from Putnam Park. Had a great weekend of racing with the Ohio Valley Porsche Car Club. No spins and my tires were great. Great group of people and impressive instructors.

Anyway, Oledoc, I still think you need to continue to work the Sept 21st event at Putnam Park. Meeting really early in the AM is hard for people driving from a distance. Consider meeting at Cloverdale, off of I-70 around 10-10:30. The track is about 10 minutes from there. Come to the track and watch the High Performance Driver's Ed (HPDE) program. Get comfortable with the track. Then, drive the track during the lunch hour. I'll make sure it will be OK and I'm going to have one of the members of the Central Indiana Porsche Club talk with the group about High Performance Drivers Ed. They have a little area that you can eat lunch. Then when you all are ready to drive elsewhere, you can go to your next venue.

Many people may not be aware of the HPDE programs and how great Putnam Park is. I hope you all will consider this. I'll be driving that weekend, but when I'm not on the track, I look forward to hanging out with you all.

Jane
If we get to drive the track at lunch will we need to bring helmets? I'm planning on trying to make it to this little get together.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Forum Regular

No helmets are needed as you will need to drive below 60 mph. Now in some corners, that is fairly fast.

I've been in contact with Dr. Randy Faunce and Chris Langsenkamp who will be your hosts for the day. If you arrive early enough and want to sit in on a classroom session, you are free to do that. You can also hang out with Chris on the grid as he gets the cars ready to take off. Over the lunch hour, you can drive the track. They will be happy to talk with the group about High Perfomance Driver's Ed. This group, which is the Central Indiana Porsche Club puts on a fantastic weekend in the spring and fall. They are wonderful instructors. So for first timers, I would recommend this group. You can get your lunch at the track as well.

I hope people from Indiana and my friend, Kell, from St. Louis and anyone else around the area will come and check out this great track. This is such a wonderful track to train on.

So, with your permission, Oledoc, I would like to invitie any an all Crossfire owners to join me at the track and experience the fun that I experience when I'm out driving. Indeed, the permagrin is always very evident.

Looking forward to meeting you all on Sunday.

Jane M. Bridges

Old 09-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Forum Regular

Steve, with further thought, bring your helmet. Sometimes, you can ride along with other drivers. I won't make any guarantees, but if you have a helmet, Snell 2000 or later, and the opportunity should occur, you can ride. No motorcycle helmets allowed. Need to have a long sleeve shirt, long pants and no sandles.

Jane

Old 09-05-2008, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by JaneBridges
Steve, with further thought, bring your helmet. Sometimes, you can ride along with other drivers. I won't make any guarantees, but if you have a helmet, Snell 2000 or later, and the opportunity should occur, you can ride. No motorcycle helmets allowed. Need to have a long sleeve shirt, long pants and no sandles.

Jane
Darn, all I have is a regular Harley Davidison helmet that I bought in 2002 .

Old 09-06-2008, 04:31 AM
Forum Regular

Steve: Don't worry about a helmet until you've signed up for classes.

Anyway, Oledoc and I want to continue to invite all Crossfire owners to a day at Putnam Park in Mt Meridian, IN. Oledoc has set up a meeting place at McDonalds at 10:00 AM at I-70/US 231. I think this is in Cloverdale, IN. From there, the track is about 10 minutes away.
You will be able to hang out at the track and will be hosted by two of the Central Indiana Porsche Club officers. They will be happy to talk with you about High Performance Driver Ed. At noon, you will be able to drive your Crossfire on the track (without helmets and under 60 mph). After that, hang out and watch and when ready, drive to your next meeting place.

I think it will be a great get together for Indiana and other Crossfire owners. I know that I would certainly like to meet many of you that I see/read on the forum.

Let Oledoc know that you are coming. In the mean time, don't hesitate to go to Putnampark.com to learn about the track.

Jane Bridges

Quick Reply: Indiana Crossfires Meet and Greet