Midwest Forum Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY.

Indiana Crossfires Meet and Greet

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 07:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Indiana Crossfires Meet and Greet

Originally Posted by James1549
So where do we stand? List? I will make reservations once I hear from those attending.

1) James1549 & Tammi. Staying FRI and SAT nights
2)
3)
4)
I'm in Bicknell which is about an hour away. Put me down for Saturday night, but I'll drive down Saturday morning. How about making some reservations at a local restaurant for Saturday night? I ate at Biaggi's (think that's the right spelling) the last time I was in Town, and it was wonderful (if you like Italian)!!! I like the Bonefish Grill too, and there are other good places as well. Suggestions????

Terry, as a local you should know all the good places.

naughteven

Old 08-31-2009, 10:05 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Looks like I need to stay Sat night...so pencil me in for now, I will know more in a few weeks as harvest gets closer...what time will we leave Sat morning for our drive?

Old 08-31-2009, 04:11 PM
Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

2) JaneBridges
3) naughteven
4) oledoc2u
5) tpoag
6)
7)
8)

Old 08-31-2009, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Looks like I need to stay Sat night...so pencil me in for now, I will know more in a few weeks as harvest gets closer...what time will we leave Sat morning for our drive?
The plan is to leave Evansville no later than 10am.
Terry

Old 08-31-2009, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by naughteven
I'm in Bicknell which is about an hour away. Put me down for Saturday night, but I'll drive down Saturday morning. How about making some reservations at a local restaurant for Saturday night? I ate at Biaggi's (think that's the right spelling) the last time I was in Town, and it was wonderful (if you like Italian)!!! I like the Bonefish Grill too, and there are other good places as well. Suggestions????

Terry, as a local you should know all the good places.

naughteven
Nobody goes hungry around this city! There are plenty of good places to eat. We can definately make plans to "meet and eat" somewhere. I used to manage the Evansville Pavilion where Biaggi's and Bonefish are located and they are packed every Saturday. We can make reservations at either place and should have plenty of parking in the adjacent Target lot. (Naughteven, a little info for you, ICI built the Pavilion back in 2002!)

Old 09-01-2009, 09:04 AM

2) JaneBridges
3) naughteven Staying SAT night, Dinner Reservations (for 1) SAT night
4) oledoc2u
5) tpoag
6)
7)
8)
James, put me on your list. Can you keep track of people who will want dinner reservations as well?

Terry, can you make dinner reservations for me (us) at Biaggi's (or Bonefish) after the drive in IL/KY. You'll have to figure out the timing on the route including stops, plus some time to clean up/unwind after the drive. Hopefully, everyone who lives or is staying Saturday night in the Evansville area will be able to go to dinner. Those who are going home Saturday will have to decide if they have an extra couple of hours to spend there.

Regardless, I will be having dinner there. Both Restaurants have excellant menus as well as a selection of single malt scotches (Biaggi's has a 12 year old Macallans and Bonefish had a 10 year old Talisker). I don't plan on driving back to Bicknell after dinner.

naughteven

Old 09-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Forum Regular

James, you will have to tell me where we are staying so I can mapquest it..need to use up vac time...add me for dinner sat too....please. Judi

So where do we stand? List? I will make reservations once I hear from those attending.

2)Msgump (Staying Fri and Sat nights)
3)
4)

Old 09-01-2009, 10:27 AM
Forum Regular

James, I think it would be out of my way to meet you and Tammi in Florence right? I'm on the westside of Ann Arbor and probably should go more direct west from here....Judi

Originally Posted by msgump
James, you will have to tell me where we are staying so I can mapquest it..need to use up vac time...add me for dinner sat too....please. Judi

Old 09-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Forum Regular

James, can you please send me that part number again, I don't know what I did with the link...Judi

Originally Posted by msgump
James, I think it would be out of my way to meet you and Tammi in Florence right? I'm on the westside of Ann Arbor and probably should go more direct west from here....Judi

Old 09-01-2009, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by naughteven
James, put me on your list. Can you keep track of people who will want dinner reservations as well?

Terry, can you make dinner reservations for me (us) at Biaggi's (or Bonefish) after the drive in IL/KY. You'll have to figure out the timing on the route including stops, plus some time to clean up/unwind after the drive. Hopefully, everyone who lives or is staying Saturday night in the Evansville area will be able to go to dinner. Those who are going home Saturday will have to decide if they have an extra couple of hours to spend there.

Regardless, I will be having dinner there. Both Restaurants have excellant menus as well as a selection of single malt scotches (Biaggi's has a 12 year old Macallans and Bonefish had a 10 year old Talisker). I don't plan on driving back to Bicknell after dinner.

naughteven
Not a problem. I will make reservations a few days before...we might also want to keep track of all those who are staying Friday night too so I can set up a place to meet and eat if they arrive early enough.

Terry

Old 09-01-2009, 08:28 PM

Update 09/01/09

1) James1549 & Tammi. Staying FRI and SAT nights (Dinner for 2 SAT night)
2) JaneBridges
3) naughteven Staying SAT night, Dinner Reservations (for 1) SAT night
4) oledoc2u
5) tpoag
6) msgump Staying FRI and SAT nights (Dinner for 1 on SAT night)
7)
8)

Hotel info: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ansville-west/

Last edited by James1549; 09-01-2009 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:45 PM

Judi, Using my map program, The fastest route for you does show coming thru Cincinnati. Looking at the map there are other ways, but MapSource puts you thru Florence. We can meet there if you like. If I leave work early, we can be at Florence around 2:45 pm on Friday. MapSource shows it to be 3 hrs, 45 minutes drive from here.

1BQ12XDVAA - BIN

Let me know what you decide. James

PS _ I just made my hotel reservations on-line. $79 a night. At the bottom of the form I asked to be grouped with other Crossfire Club members. You may want to do the same and mention it.

Last edited by James1549; 09-01-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:51 PM

Michigan to Evansville thru Florence? I wish I was still being paid by the mile...LOL

Old 09-01-2009, 09:02 PM

Doc, I ran the route thru the program 3 times, each time it came up the same route... I thought it would have taken her thru/near Indy.

James

Old 09-01-2009, 09:05 PM

OK James, I believe you...let the ole' trucker take a look...I'll be right back...

Old 09-01-2009, 09:12 PM

Wouldn't have believed it, but it is closer for her to go thru Cinncinati, but I don't think it will be quicker...I never make good time on that route....but it would be nice for her to meet up with you guys...I stand corrected...I like the 69, 65, 64 route myself...I think you would make better time, less city traffic...but meeting you would be nicer for her...I'll shut up now...LOL

Old 09-01-2009, 09:30 PM

Thanks Doc, its her call. James

Old 09-02-2009, 11:26 AM
Forum Regular

That sounds good to me....I like that route too.....will meet at Florence and go from there....thanks guys for checking that for me...I just bought a new GPS and still am learning how to use it...I'm going to Auburn this weekend to see all the beautiful Dusenburgs and Auburns....and the weather is suppose to fantastic...wish some of you all would come down, or over, whatever!!! LOL

Old 09-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Forum Regular

Just made my reservation at the Marriott link that you sent but they didn't have a list of Crossfire Group and I didn't know anyone's last name....LOL but I am reserved anyway...

Old 09-04-2009, 11:00 PM

If anyone is interested in tagging along from the Cincinnati area, we are meeting in Florence KY (south Cincinnati) at 2:45 pm on that Friday.

I mentioned to the hotel clerk that others may be staying and we are part of a Crossfire Club. I asked if we could get our rooms close together. She said no problem. I guess the word didn't get passed on.

James

Quick Reply: Indiana Crossfires Meet and Greet