Midwest Forum Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY.

Wisconsin? Illinois?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 01:40 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Wisconsin? Illinois?

Is there anyone one here from Wisconsin? More specifically the southeast part, or the north east corner of Illinois? I love to cruise around on nice nights in the summer while I can before winter. What would be better than a group of crossfires rolling down the highway. People stare at mine as it is. Imagine a whole group! Anyone Interested?

Old 07-22-2005, 09:44 AM
Default Re: Wisconsin? Illinois?

I am in SE Wisconsin. Kinda sad that I have seen several others around... not so much seeing them, as much as, I am not the only one anymore...

Old 07-23-2005, 01:44 PM
Forum Regular

christo, what city? You can't be the only other person in Wisconsin. I have seen others around a little more frequent now, but still not very many, I see more vettes than crossfires.

Old 07-25-2005, 10:34 AM

waukesha, wi

Old 07-25-2005, 07:47 PM
Forum Regular

I live in Kenosha, so that's not to far. Is there anyone else out there from around here?

Old 07-27-2005, 01:32 AM

I live on the North side of Chicago, so I'm not too far away.

Old 07-28-2005, 12:55 AM
Forum Regular

well that's three of us, but i know there's got to be more than just three of us. my dad works at chrysler and knows a guy pretty well with a black crossfire, im sure he would be interested in getting together.

Old 07-28-2005, 10:26 AM

I am going up to Road America mid September. It is one of those vintage car racing weekends. They let you take a track tour good for about 45 minutes worth of thrills and chills for around $50. Quite a hoot. Wouldn't mind bumping into a couple of Xfire runners there. Mine was the first Xfire to ever hit that track last year in July.

Old 07-28-2005, 12:47 PM
Forum Regular

road america, is that the event in like elkhart or something like that?

Old 07-28-2005, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by TheCrossfirekid
road america, is that the event in like elkhart or something like that?
Yeah, it is the 4 mile 14 turn road course in the woods by Elkhart Lake. Go to roadamerica.com to find some info on it. Touring is speed limited so you don't need to wear a helmet or anything. They don't allow passing in the corners and they limit the straights to 70 but the rest is pretty much hold on and do what you can. You would find that touring attracts some fairly nice rides. Ours would be toward the bottom of the spectrum price wise. People do tend to respect each others rides. Idiots are quickly black flagged. When the time is up you won't be able to get the smile off your face with a crow bar.

Old 07-28-2005, 01:56 PM
Forum Regular

I went to the webpage and i'll i saw was items to buy. Also when you drive are there a lot of other cars at the same time, and do they group you with cars that are in your class? you said it was $50 for 45 minutes?

Old 07-28-2005, 02:40 PM

Click on the "Track Info" and it will show you a track map. "Race Schedule" then select "VSCDA Elkhart Lake Vintage Festival" will get you a blurb about the weekend that I am going to be there.

This event is a club event so touring is not listed but they do it. The cost has been anywhere from $50 to $70 depending on how they feel. You also need to have an event ticket which is another $25 to $30. They tour during the lunch break. For the organizers it is a nice way to help defray the cost of the track rental.

They limit the number of cars that can tour but they turn the mob loose together. After a couple of laps things tend to spread out so that you are free to do your thing. This is not racing. Do not think of door to door fender banging NASCAR style. You are banned for life if your car comes in contact with another. You are banned for life if your car leaves the pavement. But if you want to find out how your car handles a down slope hard right hander with a upslope left exit this is the place.

I was out there with Cobras, Vettes, XKEs and a Testarossa. There were also 50's English sports cars. So there is a potential for large speed differentials. That is why they limit the straight away speed to 70. You don't have to worry about some guy in a Viper blazing up your tail pipes. The big boys disappear in the first couple of laps and due to the track size and top end limiting you never see them again.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:21 PM
Forum Regular

It looks pretty cool, i might have to look more into it before this summer is over, and before i get rid of my car. I'm thinking of selling it, and purchasing a s/c mustang gt, or a turbo mustang gt. Faster, and lower payments. I'm only 20 and I thought i was out of the whole street racing phase, but I guess you never get rid of that whole need for speed thing, and I would like to have a car that has both show and GO.

Old 07-29-2005, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by TheCrossfirekid
but I guess you never get rid of that whole need for speed thing.
Still got my need for speed at 57 although it does mellow some. Hope you find yourself the ride that floats your boat.

Old 07-29-2005, 12:41 PM
Forum Regular

I looked for tickets to the september event and all i saw were admission tickets. they must be sold out of the track touring tickets.

Old 08-01-2005, 10:39 AM

The club events do not advertise or presell touring tickets. I have never seen the club events sell out. Just pull in the main gate by 10:00 and ask them where to sign up for touring. They will direct you to the club house. You plunk down your money, sign a waiver, maybe go through a tech inspection and you are good to go.

Old 08-03-2005, 08:45 PM
Forum Regular

It looks like i'm going to the sept event. i'm not into old cars, but its the only date i could make it. I wish i could of gone to the ferrari one. uncle_al, are you going the whole week, or a day? We should try to get some other crossfire owners and meet up somewhere. I cruise around with other modded cars all the time, but never with all crossfires, let alone any.

Old 08-04-2005, 11:00 AM

I will be running up to Wisconsin on Friday around lunch time. Will be staying in Sheboygan Falls through Sunday. I only plan on going to the track on Saturday. I am going to meet friends there but I have never talked to a real live Crossfire owner. We usually sit on the bluff between turns 3 and 3A just past the Corvette coral. Be cool to have you stop by.

Old 08-23-2005, 06:12 PM

I live in Kaukauna WI, its between Green Bay and Appleton, I wouldnt mind hooking up for a cruise sometime....

Bizzelz

05 Limited Coupe
Blaze Red, 6spd

Old 08-23-2005, 07:32 PM
Forum Regular

hey uncle al, I am planing on actually going up to the event on fri, in hopes that it won't be busy, i'm not sure if im going to stay overnight. i'm mainly only intrested in driving on the track. Also do you know if modded cars are allowed? like an import "ricer" type of car?

Quick Reply: Wisconsin? Illinois?