New England Forum Serving CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT

New England cruise suggestions needed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New England cruise suggestions needed!

My wife and would be interested in a meet. We would have a bit of a drive from NJ, but I have family in CT just below Hartford and can use it as a stop over point to make the trip a little more manageable.

We each have a Crossfire, so if the drive is not to long you may get two for the price of one!

Old 01-15-2008, 04:16 PM
Forum Regular

Hey New Englanders, what do you think, should we let members from NJ cruise with us? You know those Jersey people. I bet they're Yankee fans!

OK Tbird, I guess we'll allow you and the wife to cruise with us New Englanders, seeing as you have relatives in CT. And if you have no Yankee stuff with you!!

We do have a few members of the New England forum who are in CT. Maybe you can hook-up with them in CT and ride to RI or one of the MA trips.

Which trips catch your eye?

Old 01-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Any Crossfire from anywhere is more than welcome. Check the web site. BTW welcome to the forum

Old 01-15-2008, 05:28 PM

Does anyone know how to write proposals or talented at butt kissing?

Many car companies and I 've seen this with Chyrsler/Jeep with (Camp Jeep, Jeep Jamboree, PT Cruiser club events and with Pontiac and my friends Aztek Group Pontiac will send reps to provide PR and focus groups with their cars. IE Aztek (thank God defunct) would meet once a year in the Northeast...they even had a $400,000 souped to the max "Aztek from Hell" (that was impressive supplied useful goody bags , tech and marketing reps and provided a pig roast. The group lasted about as long as the Aztek BUT they were extremely helpful. PT's have similiar events and Jeep Jamboree is a major production with 4 days of trails, tech stuff, seminars, rafting, big name bands even fireworks. All for something like $150 per Jeepful and well worth it check out www.jeepjamboreeusa.com www.ptcruiserclub.org http://www.aztekrally.org/ although not affilliated with Chyrsler or Pontiac they do help clubs. Aztek rally started in a strip mall in NJ on the 3rd rally Pontiac put out a special Rally Edition as a result.

If anyone knows how to directly contact Chyrsler's PR/Marketing department and let them know there is a group that bought $40000 cars (at deep discounts) and would like to hold a Rally say Sept/Oct (to give them lead time) I think they maybe VERY co-operative

I am willing to help make this happen if I know who to contact. Any one on good terms with their dealer that could get us in contact with the district manager?

Last edited by Nightrider; 01-15-2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blackxfire
Is your friend a forum member?
My friend is a forum member, it is Johnhayes6. I know that he'll be down for the cruise.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:38 PM

As for the letter to Chrysler, not sure Chrysler even cares anymore. I'm sure they are just glad to wipe their hands of this car.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:03 AM
Forum Regular

I was just kidding with the Jersey folks!
Of course they are welcome!

As far as the Chrysler group, send a PM to Tod64 or Todk64, I believe his name is. He works for dealer and is always very helpful about warranty and sales info.

Last edited by blackxfire; 01-16-2008 at 02:05 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:48 AM
Forum Regular

No Yankee fans here!!!

We would be up for anything that keeps the drive reasonable, as long as we can get away from work. Lower VT, Cape Cod, etc.

Old 01-16-2008, 08:19 AM

CGOCIFER TRUE IN PART...BUT YOU WOULD THINK THAT cHRYSLER WOULD WANT TO KEEP HIGH END BUYERS HAPPY. i WILL THROW OUT SOME FEELERS BUT MAKE NO PROMISES as to their response.

TBIRD I love the Delaware water Gap and the waterfalls.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Forum Regular

The CT shows and runs that Nightrider suggested would be easy for Tbird and his wife to get to.
Newport might not be too long from Hartford? It would be a little haul from there but definitely worth it because Newport is great around the mansion area for photo ops.
And I bet if we do a group ticket buy to one of the mansion tours they'll let us do some special parking to take photos! DAMSRT you should inquire about that.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:27 PM

At I-395 and State Route 138 (between exits 85 and 86 Southbound side)there is a commuter lot perhaps the Connecticut and Western Mass and our Garden State Renegade can meet there and all take 138 to the Commuter Lot just after the Jamestown Bridge in Jamestown RI. Pretty convenient rally point and 138 is a very nice 2 lane road...BUY your gas in RI about $0.15-0.20 less than CT. We may need a second rally point for those coming from Cape/Boston area. Are we still looking at last Sat in April...26th?

Last edited by Nightrider; 01-16-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Default Members Hometowns?

Where are the hometowns of our members so we can come up with rallies that don't require constant long rides for a few members all the time? Also how far are people willing to drive to get to a rally?

Last edited by Nightrider; 01-16-2008 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:32 AM
Default Re: Members Hometowns?

Originally Posted by Nightrider
Where are the hometowns of our members so we can come up with rallies that don't require constant long rides for a few members all the time? Also how far are people willing to drive to get to a rally?
South China, ME which is about 5+ hours from your location.

Old 01-17-2008, 06:33 AM
Forum Regular

To tell the truth, I'm not as high on the Newport trip ans the northern Mass trip. Newport traffic is pretty bad when it warms up and a line of Crossfiures sitting in traffic is not sexy...

Old 01-17-2008, 08:34 AM

GIBSON...thats why I am pushing a late april date. Tourist aren't as bad and things are beginning to open. We could stay in Jamestown and hit Beavertaill and Ft Weatherill. It isn't the destination its the ride. I am extremely flexible...been known to get up in Norwich CT for breakfast and end up at Lake George NY.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:37 AM
Forum Regular

Before gas hit $3.50 a gallon I did that all the time. I don't mind the ride, myself and haven't been that way in a number of years. If the date works out I'll definitely be there.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:54 AM

i m ready u guyz make desision i be there to

Old 01-17-2008, 05:03 PM

Sounds like a go to me

Old 01-22-2008, 03:30 PM
Forum Regular

Unless I'm missing something here. Where do we stand on doing this Meet and Cruise. I see a lot of great suggestions, and a possible date of April 26th.

Any one figure out a plan or are we still considering locations? Just tring to keep this idea going.

Someone is always going to be "a little to far away," but that's why we have to plan several meets throught the summer in different parts of the region. I have planned several meets for another club I belong to and I'm willing to lend a hand in way I can to move this along.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Forum Regular

DAMSRT-6 is from RI and has suggested the Newport run. I think most of us agree on it for late April. We should see if he is willing to research the stops and get us some special consideration at the mansions or restaurants.

Quick Reply: New England cruise suggestions needed!