New England Forum Serving CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT

Bad Day Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Bad Day Pics

Got some info from reliable sources (State Insurance Arbritration Panel)

Deducting settlement or split responsibiliy only applies if the insurance company can prove that I contributed to the accident by actions or neglience. In this case and based on what he's seen in past it would be very hard to prove making room on road contributed.

Body shop estimates were thankfully much lower than first suspected 3 estimates ranged from $3800-4300 (dang the windshied post molding was $330, door shell $800 and front fender $380) Paint was expensive. I have not gotten truck companies' the insurance company estimate. They wanted me to take the day off and meet at my house between 8am & 4pm...I gave them the address...nieghbors say he came by. Probally mail it to me. I expect it to be alot less than body shops...let the BS begun.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:51 PM
Received 512 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightrider
Got some info from reliable sources (State Insurance Arbritration Panel)

Deducting settlement or split responsibiliy only applies if the insurance company can prove that I contributed to the accident by actions or neglience. In this case and based on what he's seen in past it would be very hard to prove making room on road contributed.

Body shop estimates were thankfully much lower than first suspected 3 estimates ranged from $3800-4300 (dang the windshied post molding was $330, door shell $800 and front fender $380) Paint was expensive. I have not gotten truck companies' the insurance company estimate. They wanted me to take the day off and meet at my house between 8am & 4pm...I gave them the address...nieghbors say he came by. Probally mail it to me. I expect it to be alot less than body shops...let the BS begun.

Keep the pressure o the buggers.
Don't let them up off the mat.

roadster with a stick

Old 09-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You should have the right to have it repaired at the shop of your choice (within $ reason) and not have to go with low bid.

Old 09-18-2008, 05:51 PM

Good news: Trucking company took full responsibility.
Badnews: They refuse 3 stage paint, will pay for color matched dupont. And because its 3 years old they want to use used body parts as replacements

Last edited by Nightrider; 09-18-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bruce, the car has a 3 stage paint, it is more expensive than regular paint and you paid extra for it. If they took responsabilty then they need to pay to fix it under your terms. The used body parts are not a good thing because all the parts are numbered to the original serial number. If they insist upon doing that then they have to buy the car from you at full retail price. The insurance company wants to use their own body shop, they get a kickback from it and use inferior aftermarket parts.
They will tell you the parts are just as good etc. They are not!!! Do not allow them to take control. It's your car and you want it to be in the same condition it was prior to being hit by their driver. They admitted that. End of story. Do not allow them to ruin your car or it's value. Insist upon OEM parts from whomever you want to do the work. That IS YOUR RIGHT!!!
Good Luck and keep me posted.
Rick

Old 09-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Received 512 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightrider
Good news: Trucking company took full responsibility.
Badnews: They refuse 3 stage paint, will pay for color matched dupont. And because its 3 years old they want to use used body parts as replacements
It's Lawyer time.
Get their acknowledgement of responsibility in writing. Likely in a written proposal of their offer.

Then, get a lawyer. They are trying to rip you off by 2 or 3 grand. It won't look the same and even if it does, it will never BE the same.

"I know the Monza's not an Oldsmobile front grill but it is otherwise just the same!" Actually had that pulled on me once. Don't let them ruin your baby.

roadster with a stick

Old 09-18-2008, 06:15 PM

Thanx Rick & Franc. Beleive me I am fighting them. Actually they are tryng to screw me for for 1700 in body work.

Chyrsler gave me an estimate of 4200 theirs was 2480.

Last edited by Nightrider; 09-18-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:53 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a pain in the butt!!! Sorry you have to go through all this crap. Hold your ground though, don't give an inch. It's the trucking Co.'s fault, not your's. Remember that. You were not even there. Had your nieghbor not been there, you wouldn't have known what happened.
Stick to your guns.
Rick