New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New member

Hi,

I live in B.C., Canada and am looking to buy a Crossfire at a dealer. Can you help? I don't want to pay too much! It is a 2005 Coupe with about 30k, very clean. Dealer wants $21000 total for it. It is blue with leather seats. Help....I'm in love!! I want this car but don't want to get sucked in by a dealer. What do I look for?

Hotwheels
Dianne

Old 07-31-2013, 04:12 PM
Default Re: New member

That car is 9-12K here in the states. Not sure what tax/license burden the dealer has added to the price. I'm assuming a NA car and not the srt6.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:14 PM

We have a 12% tax.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:15 PM

Oh, it's a coupe, I assume not the one with the airfoil that goes up automatically at supersonic speeds I haven't seen the car yet, only photos. It's 3 hours away from where I live.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:55 PM

The normally aspirated,(non supercharged), coupe does have the automatically deployed airfoil. The supercharged cars have a fixed airfoil. Is the car a 6 speed or automatic? The supercharged cars only come with automatics. The price quated by the dealer with 12% tax is way too much for a NA coupe. Not too bad for the SRT6 imo, slightly high depending on condition. What's the exchange on the Canadian dollar right now...close to the the U.S. Dollar still?

Old 07-31-2013, 04:56 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by hotwheels
Oh, it's a coupe, I assume not the one with the airfoil that goes up automatically at supersonic speeds I haven't seen the car yet, only photos. It's 3 hours away from where I live.
If it has a 'fixed' ironing board rear spoiler, then 99.9% chance it is an SRT6 ( the supercharged one )
If the spoiler goes up and down, then it's an N/A ( Normally Aspirated )
BOTH come in coupe or roadster flavors.
Normally, the SRT6 fetches about $2000 ( US ) more than the comparable N/A model.

The N/A has @215 HP stock, the SRT6 has @330 HP stock.
ALL the SRT6's are 5 speed automatic, you will find the same 5 speed AT in the N/A's, but also a 6 speed manual.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:59 PM

Hi,

I live in B.C., Canada and am looking to buy a Crossfire at a dealer. Can you help? I don't want to pay too much! It is a 2005 Coupe with about 30k, very clean. Dealer wants $21000 total for it. It is blue with leather seats. Help....I'm in love!! I want this car but don't want to get sucked in by a dealer. What do I look for?

Hotwheels
Dianne
BTW, welcome to the board, I'm a newcomer also. Lot of good tech and helpful intelligent people here.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
If it has a 'fixed' ironing board rear spoiler, then 99.9% chance it is an SRT6 ( the supercharged one )
If the spoiler goes up and down, then it's an N/A ( Normally Aspirated )
BOTH come in coupe or roadster flavors.
Normally, the SRT6 fetches about $2000 ( US ) more than the comparable N/A model.

The N/A has @215 HP stock, the SRT6 has @330 HP stock.
ALL the SRT6's are 5 speed automatic, you will find the same 5 speed AT in the N/A's, but also a 6 speed manual.

The xchange rate is 1.00 Canada to 0.973179 USD.....the car is an automatic...does that mean it's an SRT6 or do coupe come with the moveable spoiler too? As for price I'm thinking of getting it down to $14,000 total...it's very clean.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:32 PM

The xchange rate is 1.00 Canada to 0.973179 USD.....the car is an automatic...does that mean it's an SRT6 or do coupe come with the moveable spoiler too? As for price I'm thinking of getting it down to $14,000 total...it's very clean.
Lemme try again :
A 'coupe' means the top DON'T go down.
A 'roadster' means the top DOES go down. ( convertible )
N/A means it don't have a supercharger ( IE, it is NOT an SRT6 )
The N/A's can have an automatic OR 6 speed manual transmission, either coupe or roadster. ( and the spoiler goes up and down )
SRT6 means it DOES have a supercharger, and WILL have an automatic transmission. ( and the spoiler is fixed )
The SRT6 also is available in coupe or roadster ( although the SRT6 roadster is very rare )

$14,000 seems fair ......

Old 07-31-2013, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Wes__Hutchinson
The normally aspirated,(non supercharged), coupe does have the automatically deployed airfoil. The supercharged cars have a fixed airfoil. Is the car a 6 speed or automatic? The supercharged cars only come with automatics. The price quated by the dealer with 12% tax is way too much for a NA coupe. Not too bad for the SRT6 imo, slightly high depending on condition. What's the exchange on the Canadian dollar right now...close to the the U.S. Dollar still?
xchg rate: 1.00 Canada to 0.973179 USD

What is a NA car? This has low mileage, 36km and is very clean. The higher mileage cars are lower in price, is what I've noticed. The airfoil sounds cool but I don't really need one. I'll let you know if I get this baby!

Old 07-31-2013, 09:51 PM

NA=Normally Aspirated which means no turbo or supercharger

Do you have a link to the car? I doubt you would see any competition from the USA due to the price and cross border import hassles.

You are going to have an airfoil one way or another as all models have them, some fixed like the SRT6 and some automatically deployed like the NA's.

FYI, I purchased a 2004 NA coupe in June from a dealer for $9700 US. The car had 41k on it. Very straight with two minor dings on the quarterpanel, a few small paint chips and minor superficial scratches. Nothing too abnormal for that much mileage. Look on EBAY.COM for comparisons and don't forget about completed listings. This will give you an idea towards value. Whatever car you end up getting perhaps you can locate a member of this board nearby you that can give it a once over and an unbiased opinion. Also a couple hundred dollars spent at a Mercedes garage to go over the car would be money well spent unless the dealer is throwing in a warranty at that price.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:13 AM

Welcome to the forum, you have found the right place to ask questions about Crossfires, where is this Crossfire you are looking at located, Lower Mainland, or the Interior? Just curious as BC used to be my old stomping ground before I moved to Alberta. Good luck in the bargaining process, if it is a non SRT6 Crossfire $21,000 is too much.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Stormbringer
Welcome to the forum, you have found the right place to ask questions about Crossfires, where is this Crossfire you are looking at located, Lower Mainland, or the Interior? Just curious as BC used to be my old stomping ground before I moved to Alberta. Good luck in the bargaining process, if it is a non SRT6 Crossfire $21,000 is too much.

Thanks, Stormbringer. The Crossfire I'm checking out is in Victoria at Lexus Toyota. If any member lives nearby can you take a look? I am 3 hours north of Victoria. I have put a deposit (refundable) on the car and think I got a good price. It is NOT a SRT6 but that makes my insurance lower, so that's ok. I didn't pay $21k for it, it's all good!

Old 08-01-2013, 02:05 PM

NA=Normally Aspirated which means no turbo or supercharger

Do you have a link to the car? I doubt you would see any competition from the USA due to the price and cross border import hassles.

You are going to have an airfoil one way or another as all models have them, some fixed like the SRT6 and some automatically deployed like the NA's.

FYI, I purchased a 2004 NA coupe in June from a dealer for $9700 US. The car had 41k on it. Very straight with two minor dings on the quarterpanel, a few small paint chips and minor superficial scratches. Nothing too abnormal for that much mileage. Look on EBAY.COM for comparisons and don't forget about completed listings. This will give you an idea towards value. Whatever car you end up getting perhaps you can locate a member of this board nearby you that can give it a once over and an unbiased opinion. Also a couple hundred dollars spent at a Mercedes garage to go over the car would be money well spent unless the dealer is throwing in a warranty at that price.
Good idea, Wes. Thanks for clarifying what NA means. I didn't see anything from the states that would justify all the hassle I'd have to go through getting a car from there. I'd rather not

Yes, it does have an airfoil and I also have an automatic which I wanted. I have driven a stick for years and so in my old age (haha) I don't want to work a clutch. Lazy.....

I don't know how to check to see if any members live in the Victoria, B.C. area. The car is at Lexus Toyota in Victoria...I am 3 hours north. I have put a dep on it to hold it, which is refundable if I don't like the car. Which I doubt!

Old 08-01-2013, 02:10 PM

I took a look at it on the dealer's site, looks sweet !

Old 08-01-2013, 02:25 PM

I took a look at it on the dealer's site, looks sweet !
Thank you ala_xfire!! I think so, too. How has your xfire been as far as reliability? Or getting parts? Not that it would make a diff....I love this car

Old 08-01-2013, 02:49 PM

Thank you ala_xfire!! I think so, too. How has your xfire been as far as reliability? Or getting parts? Not that it would make a diff....I love this car
I have had no problems ( that I didn't cause myself, but let's not go there ).
Parts can still be found if you are handy at searching the web.
DO NOT GO TO A CHRYSLER DEALER FOR PARTS OR REPAIRS !
This is a DIY car, or a HYHDI/HYBDI
( Have your husband/boyfriend do it )

Old 08-01-2013, 03:20 PM

I have had no problems ( that I didn't cause myself, but let's not go there ).
Parts can still be found if you are handy at searching the web.
DO NOT GO TO A CHRYSLER DEALER FOR PARTS OR REPAIRS !
This is a DIY car, or a HYHDI/HYBDI
( Have your husband/boyfriend do it )

Husband is not a mechanic so I have to find someone in the area around Courtenay, Campbell River, etc. How do I find a member who might live around here? TY!

Old 08-01-2013, 04:24 PM

Nice car! $10-12K in the US for it. Demand both keys and the luggage before you pay for it. Extract sizeable discounts or terminate the deal if they won't bargain, there are other xfires out there as nice for less money. I'm not sure how you can locate B.C. members near Victoria. Perhaps post a request in the general area...maybe someone else has a better idea.
crossfire004_zpsa4e05022.jpg

Old 08-01-2013, 07:15 PM

Nice car! $10-12K in the US for it. Demand both keys and the luggage before you pay for it. Extract sizeable discounts or terminate the deal if they won't bargain, there are other xfires out there as nice for less money. I'm not sure how you can locate B.C. members near Victoria. Perhaps post a request in the general area...maybe someone else has a better idea.

Nice lookin little crossie!! When you say luggage, do you mean keys for the trunk? Do the wheels usually have locking lug nuts? Thanks for the info......because I am in Canada I don't want a car from the east coast...too much salt damage. There are not a ton of Crossfire in my area that are clean. So. Carpe Diem, I say!

Quick Reply: New member