New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Just purchased an '04 over the weekend

Old 11-18-2013, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just purchased an '04 over the weekend

My wife was looking for something fun to drive, as her car was going to school with my daughter.
We found a Flame Red 04 coupe with a 6spd and only 27k on the clock. Super clean with virtually no signs of its age anywhere, even under the hood is sano.
The Dodge dealer ended up agreeing to 10,000 and gave us a great rate on a 3 year loan.

I think we did well, I just hope it is reliable. After lurking on the forum for a couple of days before the purchase, they seem to be solid cars?

I have owned many Dodge and Ram trucks and they have always been great.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:22 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Just purchased an 04 over the weekend

They are very solid but they are not Chrysler products per-se.

You now have a re-skinned Mercedes R170 SLK320, but Chrysler got to make the emblems lol.

Our forum is great for fixing problems and modding so whatever you need, search, but don't hesitate to ask after.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:34 PM

Yeah, I knew it was a rebadged MB before we went and looked at them.
As soon as I drove it, I said this doesn't drive anything like any Chrysler I have ever driven, however, it does feel very Benz like.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:42 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 32seventeen
Yeah, I knew it was a rebadged MB before we went and looked at them.
As soon as I drove it, I said this doesn't drive anything like any Chrysler I have ever driven, however, it does feel very Benz like.
I didn't make the connection to the "might buy one" thread, but congrats these things are awesome!

Old 11-18-2013, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by sk8erjosh09
I didn't make the connection to the "might buy one" thread, but congrats these things are awesome!
Yeah, I went from might buy to owner...

Old 11-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Just purchased an '04 over the weekend

Congrats and welcome. Good luck with the car.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:19 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 482 Likes on 335 Posts

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the recent purchase of your low mileage Crossfire.
Sounds like you did well

Gary

Old 11-19-2013, 11:36 PM
Received 512 Likes on 353 Posts

The Crossfire is much like meeting a really great gal and having your hormones overpower your common sense. Fortunately for most of us, it turns out to be a great match.

Hope the relationships does as well for you and yours.

Welcome to the Forum

Old 11-20-2013, 08:27 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Woo-hoo! Welcome to the family!
These are great cars and this is a great forum.
Glad you found us!

Old 11-20-2013, 09:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like a great deal, I paid more than that with more than twice the mileage

Old 11-20-2013, 09:26 AM

I started to buff out some of the surface scrathes in the paint last night. I did not find anything major, just the normal swirls and such from washing and the like.
I found a couple of really shallow dings from people opening their doors into the rear quarter panel. I'm not sure if it would be worth getting some paintless dent work done. I guess I will have to price it out?
I really like to have my cars as flawless as possible.

I attached a couple of crappy cell phone pics from last nights buffing.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMAG0164.jpg (350.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg
IMAG0165.jpg (564.1 KB, 22 views)
Old 11-20-2013, 09:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the "SMILE HIGH" club!

Old 11-20-2013, 09:54 AM

Beautiful car!! I purchased the same model and color about six months ago from a local dealership. Mine had 47k miles and some interior paint peeling, but was otherwise in very good shape. After six months, it has been very reliable as a daily commuter with one exception - the crankshaft position sensor. Left me on the side of the road and required a tow home. I would suggest you find out if the sensor has been changed recently, if not, I would change it soon. It's only $40 and the peace of mind knowing it won't go out on you at any moment is worth the investment. There is a great write-up here on the forum for how to change it.

Old 11-20-2013, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by gguillot
Beautiful car!! I purchased the same model and color about six months ago from a local dealership. Mine had 47k miles and some interior paint peeling, but was otherwise in very good shape. After six months, it has been very reliable as a daily commuter with one exception - the crankshaft position sensor. Left me on the side of the road and required a tow home. I would suggest you find out if the sensor has been changed recently, if not, I would change it soon. It's only $40 and the peace of mind knowing it won't go out on you at any moment is worth the investment. There is a great write-up here on the forum for how to change it.
Thanks for the compliments. Do you really think I should replace the CPS at 27k miles? Seems a bit premature?

Old 11-20-2013, 12:30 PM

Welcome to the family. Great buy. Make sure you frequently check the Crossfires of Maryland threads here and visit Welcome To Crossfire International!

Old 11-21-2013, 11:55 AM

Thanks for the compliments. Do you really think I should replace the CPS at 27k miles? Seems a bit premature?
Sure, that's what I thought about mine only being 47k miles. But even if it only had 5 miles on it, it is still ten years old.

You don't have to take my advice - it's not like it comes from experience, right?

Old 11-21-2013, 01:28 PM

You did say the car was for your wife right !!! Let see who ends up driving it !!!!! I started the same way !!!! Im always behind the wheel of ours !!!! Bought my I mean ours 3 yrs ago now done nothing but oil changes inside filter & steering stabilizer bar ! Car has 25,700 miles on an 04 !! I got lucky & got her from private owner only 5 miles away for $10,250 3yrs ago !!! : )

Old 11-21-2013, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Ed Mahoney
You did say the car was for your wife right !!! Let see who ends up driving it !!!!! I started the same way !!!! Im always behind the wheel of ours !!!! Bought my I mean ours 3 yrs ago now done nothing but oil changes inside filter & steering stabilizer bar ! Car has 25,700 miles on an 04 !! I got lucky & got her from private owner only 5 miles away for $10,250 3yrs ago !!! : )
Wow, now that was a deal. That had to be about 5k under book value 3 years ago....?

Most of the cars I found around my house that had super low miles were in the 14k range. So I figured 10k for a dealer reconditioned car that was inspected and ready to drive out the door was a bargain. They showed me the service ticket for the work they did on it. They spent about 500 on service and an oil change, that did not include the detailing.

Your car has 25k on it now, or it did then?

Old 11-21-2013, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by gguillot
Sure, that's what I thought about mine only being 47k miles. But even if it only had 5 miles on it, it is still ten years old.

You don't have to take my advice - it's not like it comes from experience, right?
I respect your advice. I'm just not sure that it is that common? I am new to this car and this site, maybe I will change my opinion after I have been here a while?

Old 11-22-2013, 01:44 PM

I respect your advice. I'm just not sure that it is that common? I am new to this car and this site, maybe I will change my opinion after I have been here a while?
As you spend time on the forum, you'll notice there are three recurring mods/fixes that you should tackle - the crankshaft position sensor, the "sticky key fix" and the Relay Control Module repair. All three are fairly easy and the CPS is the only item that carries a parts cost.

With 6 or 7 months of ownership behind me now, I have had to complete two out of the three fixes, the relay module repair is up last (I checked mine and it looks OK, but better safe than sorry.)

Crossfires are great cars with a really good reliability record, I am thankful these little problems are easy to fix and carry very little expense. The catch is that any one of the three can leave you on the side of the road if you ignore them. If my car was to be driven daily by my wife, I would spend an afternoon and tackle all three.

Again, congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum!

Quick Reply: Just purchased an '04 over the weekend