New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New guy from Northern VA!

Old 05-29-2014, 09:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: New guy from Northern VA!

thing looks beast, well done

Old 05-29-2014, 01:21 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rayth
thing looks beast, well done
Thanks man!

Old 05-30-2014, 06:09 AM
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts

Originally Posted by HOT FIYA
I've been M.I.A. for a few weeks sorting things out with the car. I succesfully lowered the car more by removing the front adjustment rings and the rear collars from my KW's. I also has my front fenders rolled and the were able to roll the rears a little bit by folding the fender lip and essentailly making the "crease" in our quarter panels a little bit smaller/flatter. In doing so I was able to put a larger rear spacer setup on and I am FINALLY happy with how the car is sitting. I also had a shop up in MD called Custom Functionz custom fabricate me front and side splitters. They did an outstanding job and they're super beefy! Other than that, I am having my dip touched up in a few spots where it's messed up (not my fault, they're doing it for free) and still in the process of replacing some of the beat up trim pieces here and there. I made an appointment to have the car painted in late August. Decided to go with Mercedes Benz Obsidian Black Metallic to keep it somewhat OEM looking but with a custom touch. Anywho, enough blabbering and onto a few pics!

Splitters look really good on the car. Fab shop did a nice job making these look "factory".

Later,

Old 05-30-2014, 08:31 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! Splitters look great.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:22 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by xjken
Nice! Splitters look great.
Appreciate it man!

Old 06-04-2014, 11:58 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Fantastic looking ride!!

Old 06-04-2014, 12:09 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice Ride , Welcome from the Blue grass State

Old 06-04-2014, 12:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HOT FIYA
Appreciate it man!
Man, I really like the splitters...are they purchasable? Carl

Old 06-04-2014, 04:15 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carl graham
Man, I really like the splitters...are they purchasable? Carl
They were custom made for me by a shop in MD so not exactly.....lol.

Old 06-05-2014, 03:44 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Came together well, nice job.

Old 01-06-2015, 06:05 PM
Forum Regular

I guess this thread somewhat constitutes as my "build thread" right? lol

Although I have posted numerous pictures here and there throughout the forum over the past few months, I figured it wouldn't hurt to post some updates here to consolidate the information.

I peeled the dip off and went back to black back in September. Although my paint has seen better days I still prefer paint 10 to 1 over dip. I guess the plastidip was just a "phase" that I had to go through to realize how much I actually liked my car being black......lol.

Here is the most recent picture I have.

03685ad9ada057251eba6a62ac7c5812_zps59df8132.jpg

Other new updates since I posted in here include a Johnson CM30 intercooler pump (my Bosch one bit the bullet), the Needswings/K&N Xstream filter upgrade for my single CAI, a Needswings oil catch can (uninstalled), had a black suede headliner installed and I dipped my OEM grill/lower grills black to freshen them up a bit.

I will be dropping the car off for it's respray within the next month or two, just making sure all my financial ducks are in a row first. Don't let the picture above fool you - my paint has it's fair share of clearcoat failure, oxidation, scratches, blemishes, etc etc. Going with Obsidian Black Metallic for that OEM+ look. I love the look of a black car, I just hate the upkeep. Going with a metallic color will make life a little bit easier at least. Beyond that, my only other immediate plans are to install my oil catch can, repair my passenger side foglight (the reflector came unglued and fell off), delete my reasonator (should have had the exhaust shop do that when they did my axle-back) and purchase the European market side markers from Needswings.

That's it for now folks!

Old 01-07-2015, 10:57 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

HOT FIYA:: Really like the "New" look...and your're right, I too like the shine rather than the dip...there's nothing prettier than a deep black shiney car, especially a Crossfire... I have owned black cars over the years...love that look...Carl

Old 01-07-2015, 11:02 AM
Forum Regular

Awesome job! Love the black shine.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:44 AM

Crossfires of Maryland January GTG
Meet, Eat and Greet
JANUARY 17, 2015 @ 1:00pm @ The Carolina Kitchen in Largo, MD
Optional Cruise to National Harbour after our meal.
All Crossfire Owners Welcome.

Check the COM Facebook page for updates...

Old 01-07-2015, 12:37 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts

looks great where did you get the front spoiler,, i like it and would put one on my car ,,two things if it mounts good and stays on as i hit a min of 130 6 to 7 times when i am at the track. jim

Old 01-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ichon
Crossfires of Maryland January GTG
Meet, Eat and Greet
JANUARY 17, 2015 @ 1:00pm @ The Carolina Kitchen in Largo, MD
Optional Cruise to National Harbour after our meal.
All Crossfire Owners Welcome.

Check the COM Facebook page for updates...
Thanks for the info. My car is garage for the winter and my roomate's pile-o-crap that has to be bump started is currently parked in the driveway behind my car. My girlfriend will also be down visiting that weekend. BUT.....I will see what I can do. If I can get him to move his car out of the way for the day and convince my girlfriend to go then I might make it out. If anything I may just meet up with everyone once you guys hit National Harbor because that isn't too far from my house.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:45 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by amx1397
looks great where did you get the front spoiler,, i like it and would put one on my car ,,two things if it mounts good and stays on as i hit a min of 130 6 to 7 times when i am at the track. jim
Thanks. The splitter is super resiliant.....it scrapes everytime I back out of my driveway (even with extreme angles) and it's constantly scrapin on big bumps and whatnot. But I don't know how well it would do at high speed. I had it made purely for aesthetic purposes since there isn't really many aftermarket choices for lips/splitters for our cars. I would imagine that getting some tie rods to help reinforce it would probably make it more "track worthy" though.

Old 04-03-2015, 09:53 AM

I love your car, dude. Probably the best modded crossfires out there (looks wise at least). I love your choices. I honestly really liked how it looked in green, maybe get it actually painted in the gloss version?
I would have loved to have gotten those wheels too, but alas, I cannot copy someone else when it comes to wheels, so congrats on doing them first!
Just for ***** and giggles can you take a photo of them mounted in the opposite direction sometime? also a quick mod for change might be to plastidip the wheels black for the murda murda look, prolly would look good but wouldn't want to do it permanently with those beauts.

looking forward to seeing if you do anything further.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:02 AM
Forum Regular

It's been a while. I've been pretty busy with the car over the last month or so. I had the car resprayed Mercedes Benz Obsidian Black Metallic and also had the rear badge completely shaved. I had been talking about wanting to respray the car for quite some time and last month I finally dropped it off to undergo it's makeover.

I elected to go with this color because I felt that it gave the car somewhat of an "OEM Plus" feel (meaning it's a custom color but it didn't deviate too far from the car's original look/feel) and also because it pays homage to the Crossfire's sister car, the SLK320 / SLK32 AMG. As for the rear badge...I have always been a fan of shaved trunks/hatches. I de-badged the hatch as much as I could within the first week of buying the car but the Chrysler badge couldn't be removed without needing some bodywork. Since the car was in the bodyshop getting repainted I figured i'd throw them a few extra bills to shave the rear badge as well. Lastly, my front fenders were a little bowed out as a result of me slamming the car and driving it on un-rolled fenders for a few weeks last year. I wound up having my fenders rolled shortly thereafter but the damage had already been done. Thankfully my bodyshop was able to bring them back up to par.

I will be picking the car up this Thursday (5/14) and will try to provide some updated pictures of the finished product as soon as possible. But for now I will let the pictures do the talk. Please note, these photos were taken with a potato - I can assure you that the metallic/pearl in this paint is much more evident/visible in person. Also keep in mind that these pictures were taken prior to the car being wetsanded, buffed, polished & waxed.

received_1397303676999397_zpsekrpcb2s.jpeg
received_1397301350332963_zpsdwyl3dd0.jpeg
received_1397434823652949_zpsdwghmjjs.jpeg
received_1400141910048907_zpss63gxul2.jpeg
*received_1400141860048912_zpsmbjwv0cm.jpeg
*received_1400142173382214_zpsbjwisvp1.jpeg
*received_1400141693382262_zpsdvuepf3h.jpeg
*received_1400141683382263_zpss1whjakc.jpeg
*received_1400159583380473_zpshjaxrdjk.jpeg

Last edited by HOT FIYA; 05-12-2015 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:24 PM
Forum Regular

Here's a quick shot of the rear badge delete. I'll post some more pictures of the new paintjob once I get the car back. I brought it back to the bodyshop for some more wetsanding because there were a few dry spots along some of the edges/seams of the car. I should be getting the car back sometime this week.

FB_IMG_1431965283400_zpsumqkdbmp.jpg

Quick Reply: New guy from Northern VA!