New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

A Dutch XF

Old 03-03-2015, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking A Dutch XF

Hi fellow XF owners ,

As you probably have guessed by the name: I'm from the Netherlands. 22 years old with a automotive background (just finished my degree in automotive engineering). Even though I'm quite young I've already owned some automotive icons like the Volvo T5R estate (sold to a friend), BMW 635csi, the Alfa Romeo Alfetta GTV (4C no V6, scrapped due to rust) and some other cars. I do all the maintenance myself so the cars are affordable.
My current daily driver is a Volvo S60 T5 manual (tuned to 350hp), but it will soon be stored for the winter months. I wanted (well.. needed due to space) to sell the Volvo, but since the car is still working perfectly and I don't want to drive the crossfire in the snow (RWD), the Volvo is going to be used as a winter car. This way the crossfire will only be used in the summer so it won't have to drive through bad weather.

My crossfire has a beautiful ice blue (correct?) paint with a red/black leather interior (limited edition). Funny enough I thought the car was silver (looked silver on pictures), but turned out to be ice blue which was a nice surprise. It has a manual transmission which was a must have for me.
The crossfire is completely stock besides an upgraded alarm and aftermarket xenon + some LED replacement bulbs. I'm not planning on upgrading much on the crossfire since I like it as it is, great V6 noise and a suspension suitable for daily driving and some weekend fun.
I'll post some pictures later.

Why a crossfire? I wanted a good looking sports car (now petrol is still affordable). Besides the crossfire I also looked at a 350Z but found it to be too aggressive for daily driving, the Honda S2000 was too small and the SLK320 just never appealed to me design wise. The crossfire never occured to me at all to be honest. I knew the car existed and loved the styling, but I always thought it would be too expensive to buy and maintain (at least it looks expensive!). Fortunately for me the crossfire is actually affordable so I was able to get one

Old 03-03-2015, 10:27 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: A Dutch XF

Welcome to the forum !
After reading your background, I doubt very much that this is true :
I'm not planning on upgrading much on the crossfire since I like it as it is
You'll be adding a CAI and EuroCharged tune in no time .......

Old 03-03-2015, 01:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Welcome to the forum !
After reading your background, I doubt very much that this is true :

You'll be adding a CAI and EuroCharged tune in no time .......

Guess I should have said "try to keep it stock"

Old 03-03-2015, 01:27 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to the forum Dutch. It sounds like your car is "Sapphire Silver Blue" (very popular color here in the U.S.) The interior is called Cedar/Slate (my personal favorite).
I tend to agree with ala_xfire, since you enjoy turning a wrench, you will probably find yourself making a few mods. Installing a NeedsWings CAI alone will cut nearly a 1/2 second off your 1/4 mile.
Good decision finding a 6 speed. I enjoy mine so much more than the automatic.