New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Noob Intro

Old 03-24-2016, 03:48 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking Noob Intro

Hi guys,

I have spent countless hours on the forums, figured its time to introduce myself. I've recently purchased a 2005 srt6, 22k miles, light blue color, no mods. Previous owner put Batman emblems in place of the chrylser emblem. The batman emblems have kinda grown on me to be honest. Despised them at first. Previous owner also put deception badges on the car and center caps. I told the dealership I want the badge on the car removed. Will have to do something about the center caps soon.

About the car:
Its freaking awesome. It is the fastest car I've owned. Suspension is a bit rough but I love it around turns. Interior is practically mint, exterior is almost perfect with the exception of a chip on passenger side door and looks like some one rubbed the fender a little bit in the past.

I need a Crank Position sensor ASAP. I was doing a little spirited driving, came to a stop sign, and I hit the gas and nothing. Engine didn't rev up or anything. Car made it up the road to my buddies, parked it, went inside complaining. Came outside in 15 minutes and there was no problem. After some reading I'm pretty sure its the sensor.

Future plans for the car:
I plan to get a spare RCM or send mine out to someone who can solder it for me. Before any mods I plan to change the oil/tranny fluid, get colder spark plugs, Wires from NW and maybe the rear differential fluid. I plan to build my own Dual Air Intake, delete the rear cats and add a X pipe in place of the H pipe. I'm trying to resist buying the NW intake mani's FS in the FS section...
Other mods will include sc pulley (need to a lot more reading on these, notice a lot of people run different ones, some run both), Tune, IC pump, Heat exchanger and if I ever feel like my factory exhaust is becoming a restriction, I will have a dual exhaust fabled up.

I definitely want to add a rear diffuser and some deep dish staggered rims as well. I only plan to spend 3k a year on mods, we will see how well that goes.

Car is resting in the garage, drove it in some light rain so it needs a car wash . Will hopefully post some horrible quality pics.

Old 03-24-2016, 02:33 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Re: Noob Intro

Originally Posted by 05srtsix
Hi guys,

I have spent countless hours on the forums, figured its time to introduce myself. I've recently purchased a 2005 srt6, 22k miles, light blue color, no mods. Previous owner put Batman emblems in place of the chrylser emblem. The batman emblems have kinda grown on me to be honest. Despised them at first. Previous owner also put deception badges on the car and center caps. (1) I told the dealership I want the badge on the car removed. Will have to do something about the center caps soon.

About the car:
Its freaking awesome. It is the fastest car I've owned. Suspension is a bit rough but I love it around turns. Interior is practically mint, exterior is almost perfect with the exception of a chip on passenger side door and looks like some one rubbed the fender a little bit in the past.

I need a Crank Position sensor ASAP. I was doing a little spirited driving, came to a stop sign, and (2) I hit the gas and nothing. Engine didn't rev up or anything. Car made it up the road to my buddies, parked it, went inside complaining. Came outside in 15 minutes and there was no problem. After some reading I'm pretty sure its the sensor.

Future plans for the car:
I plan to get a spare RCM or send mine out to someone who can solder it for me. Before any mods(3) I plan to change the oil/tranny fluid, get colder spark plugs, Wires from NW and maybe the rear differential fluid. (4) I plan to build my own Dual Air Intake, delete the rear cats and add a X pipe in place of the H pipe. I'm trying to resist buying the NW intake mani's FS in the FS section...
Other mods will include sc pulley (need to a lot more reading on these, notice a lot of people run different ones, some run both), Tune, IC pump, Heat exchanger and if I ever feel like my factory exhaust is becoming a restriction, (5) I will have a dual exhaust fabled up.

I definitely want to add a rear diffuser and some deep dish staggered rims as well. I only plan to spend 3k a year on mods, we will see how well that goes.

Car is resting in the garage, drove it in some light rain so it needs a car wash . Will hopefully post some horrible quality pics.
(1) they are decals i think.. just peal them off.
(2) sounds like a IC pump,, mine went out with 19000 miles.
(3) I would not change the tranny fluid ,,unless it is black or has water in it.
(4) don't waste your time or money ,,buy the needswings intake, it works,, yours wont. about 50 people have made their own and about 25 of those threw them away and got the needswings
(5) no exhaust out there gives you HP not even a fabled up one,, some even take it away, remove the rear cats and resonator and you will be happy,, or from engine back build exhaust manifolds and then 3" exhaust that is the ONLY way you will gain hp and have no drone, Oh yes all aftermarket exhaust (cat back has drone..

(6) mod it enjoy it ,, the best and safest ,,rear cats & resonator, tune ,needswings intake , sc pulley that will give you about 350 hp at the rear wheels. ( you now have about 285 at the rear wheels.

do it right the first time and you will not have to do it over.

Last edited by amx1397; 03-24-2016 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:36 PM

I see you're been doing a lot of reading.(that's a good thing!)Welcome to the forum.

Old 03-24-2016, 03:18 PM

Oh yea, lots of reading.

While researching my issue (#2 on amx's list) I did run across the IC pump issue. The car seems to have a lot of power so I don't think my pump is bad, but I plan to replace it anyway just in case, along with the crank position sensor and RCM.

As far buying as a Needswing dual intake, it depends on how much money I give Rob, I can't have him taking ALL my money. I'm ok with losing some HP for some extra money to be spent elsewhere. My to-do mods list is enormous already. Maybe if I finish my mod list i can go back and add the NW intake, then you can tell new members out of 51 people who made their own intake 26 went NW, that's more than 50%.

Old 03-24-2016, 04:34 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I plan to get a spare RCM or send mine out to someone who can solder it for me.
Welcome from Sunny MI. A friend just bought an SRT from Ohio, we ran south east of Cinnci to get it. He likes his too.

If you are near Cinnci there is a guy on here who knows his way around a soldering iron.

Old 03-24-2016, 06:42 PM

Ah I'll be in Ann Arbor this weekend visiting some family. Haven't decided if I'm taking the art yet or not, don't want to rack up too many miles but its so hard to resist.

I'm about 3 hours away from cinnci (Akron/Canton area) but I have spare car so I can always mail out my RCM. If you can shoot me a PM with the username, assuming this person is ok with that, I'd appreciate it.

Old 03-25-2016, 06:16 AM
Forum Regular
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Fastest car ive had too . Welcome to the club !

Old 03-25-2016, 04:25 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Ah I'll be in Ann Arbor this weekend visiting some family. Haven't decided if I'm taking the art yet or not, don't want to rack up too many miles but its so hard to resist.

I'm about 3 hours away from cinnci (Akron/Canton area) but I have spare car so I can always mail out my RCM. If you can shoot me a PM with the username, assuming this person is ok with that, I'd appreciate it.
3 hours! Actually any electronics repair shop could resolder it for you.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:22 AM
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum!

Old 03-30-2016, 09:43 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't restrain yourself from buying the manifolds....you wan't them.....