New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New SRT-6

Old 05-25-2017, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New SRT-6

I've been a member here since 2005, bought my wife a Crossfire coupe back in 2004, she drove it for 9 years before selling it. I loved that car but man it was a lot of work. Any of you that have owned one for a period of time will know what I'm saying.

I personally changed in those 9 years the smog pump, alternator, steering key lock, headliner, transmission harness seals, oil level indicator, seat heater, cam position sensor, crank position sensor, repainted the console, and most of all, I dreaded changing the spark plugs. I hated that car……yet loved it at the same time.

I've always wanted an SRT-6 though. I've been looking for a long time for a prestine one, just found this one in Oklahoma, it's still like a new car. An older gentleman owned it, bought it in 2010 with 15,000 miles on it, and rarely drove it. I think that's it's almost too nice to modify it, just keep it pure.

Last edited by Rajunz; 07-08-2017 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:29 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: New SRT-6

Congratulations !
I agree, too nice to mess with, no point in photo-shopping the Mona Lisa.

Old 05-25-2017, 04:34 PM
Thumbs up Re: New SRT-6

[QUOTE=Rajunz;887875]
I personally changed in those 9 years the smog pump, alternator, steering key lock, headliner, transmission harness seals, oil level indicator, seat heater, cam position sensor, crank position sensor, repainted the console, and most of all, I dreaded changing the spark plugs. I hated that car……yet loved it at the same time.

I think that's it's almost too nice to modify it, just keep it pure.

Congratulations on the new SRT, really nice car. I left the about in quotes, just so you'll know all the wonderful experience you'll have with your new X-fire and the new adventures waiting in the wings. Enjoy and dance even if no one is watching.

Old 05-25-2017, 04:40 PM

[QUOTE=djohn14296;887882]
Originally Posted by Rajunz

I think that's it's almost too nice to modify it, just keep it pure.

Congratulations on the new SRT, really nice car. I left the about in quotes, just so you'll know all the wonderful experience you'll have with your new X-fire and the new adventures waiting in the wings. Enjoy and dance even if no one is watching.
That's funny.....also the reason that I waited until I found a low mileage one, trying to delay the pain....

Old 05-26-2017, 03:49 AM
Talking Re: New SRT-6

[QUOTE=Rajunz;887883]
Originally Posted by djohn14296
That's funny.....also the reason that I waited until I found a low mileage one, trying to delay the pain....
I hope your assumption is correct. Low mileage doesn't assure you of repair free driving. Things, gaskets, mechanical things tend to not function correctly from lack of use. But while you have no problems, enjoy the hell out it and as they say, drive like you stole it.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:42 AM
Received 531 Likes on 421 Posts

Congrats on your recent SRT-6 purchase. Car looks to be a "keeper" & well-cared for by previous owners. I prefer the "factory-original" look on the XFire, so I would agree with your plans to keep it that way.

Old 05-26-2017, 09:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought mine in June 2012, with 32000 miles on it. Since then the only thing I have done to it other than cosmetic, and normal maint. is to change brake pads. I now have 52000 - miles on it. All I do is wash wax, and drive.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:19 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It does look good. Pristine ones in original condition are rare. DTMenace has a real beauty, I think the only mod to his is a custom "dead" pedal that looks original. Me on the other hand have replaced or modified everything on it and I do mean everything. I can't think of anything that hasn't been "touched".

Old 05-26-2017, 04:59 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Rajunz
I've been a member here since 2005, bought my wife a Crossfire coupe back in 2004, she drove it for 9 years before selling it. I loved that car but man it was a lot of work. Any of you that have owned one for a period of time will know what I'm saying.

I've always wanted an SRT-6 though. I've been looking for a long time for a prestine one, just found this one in Oklahoma for $15,000 which I thought was a great deal. it's still like a new car. An older gentleman owned it, bought it in 2010 with 15,000 miles on it, and rarely drove it. I think that's it's almost too nice to modify it, just keep it pure.

I had a 2004 new from 05 to 11 and had to replace two headlight bulbs, I replaced it with an SRT in 2011 and got new tires for it. Any money spent on them was for little upgrades, replacement of wiper blades and maintenance.
Total mileage I put on both is around 35,000 miles, the SRT has about that on it now.
From my experience I'd say they are pretty reliable. The people who have trouble have purchased cars with high mileage, bad maintenance or have bad luck.
Some of these cars have been abused and neglected from day one by every owner they have had and the current owners wonder why they have trouble, blame the past owners not the car.