New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Hello from sunny Florida

Old 06-17-2017, 04:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from sunny Florida

I bought my 2004 Crossfire SSB with Cedar interior about 18 months ago. The XF puts a big smile on my face everyday as it is my daily driver. I have been doing quite a bit of research on the few issues I have had and this awesome forum and its members have been a great help. If it wasn't for you guys I would have sold it after the first week of ownership.
Shortly after I purchased the XF it would stall and sometimes not start, I pulled the crankshaft position code so I purchased an aftermarket one and installed it. The code wouldn't clear and it still stalled but now wouldn't start so I took it to the Chrysler dealer who had serviced the XF before I purchased it. They put a Bosch sensor in which fixed the problem and charged me $550.00. After this I vowed I would never use this dealer or any other one again.
I had researched the XF before I bought it and found this wonderful forum so I knew it had some quirks. I have learned so much from everyone. I thank you for being able to keep those smiles going.
So far I have been able to change the oil, coolant flush, RCM fix, stick key fix, replaced the alarm siren and replaced a cracked gauge surround.
Next on my list I plan to replace brake rotors and pads, flush brake and transmission fluid.
Thanks again for all that you do. You guys are awesome.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:53 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Hello from sunny Florida

You can also look through the MB forums for some great info. The chassis is the same R170 and most of the info applies as well.