New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

new member and power seat module

Old 07-02-2017, 10:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member and power seat module

Hi Guys
I am in the UK and my wife has owned a Roadster from new (2007) and it has fallen upon me to work on it (even tho I am 75) as the local dealership has closed down.
I find it far too complicated after my MGB and E type jag and dont see why it needs all these silly modules.
The car was off the road for 8 months because the Screem module went and a new one had to be got from germany then they had to send it to Fiats in Italy to get it programmed so after a bill of nearly £1k we got it back.
The current problem is with the seat module, there is no 12v coming out of it so I have temporarily strapped fuses 21/22 to a fused 12v supply to allow the adjustment of the seats but despite numerous references to the module I cannot find it.
The car is of course RHD and on the LHD ones it says that the module is behind the left airvent but using a torch and removing the side panel and underneath of the dash panel I cannot see anything like it so if it is there somewhere do I dismantle the glove box and all bits round it to find it?
Hoping someone can help.
Happy motoring!
Gerry