New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Hello Everyone

Old 02-25-2018, 07:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello Everyone

Hey guys I'm Phillip

Just got myself a black '06 crossfire. I'm learning so much from this car. This is the second car I've ever owned, the only fast car I've ever owned, and the only manual car I've ever owned! I feel bad for anyone who pulls up behind me at a stop light
Even though I've killed it about 20 times in the past two days, I can't resist the urge to go back outside and just drive it around!
Just wanted to say hello from Columbia MO and hopefully I see some of you out on the road!

also I have a 12 inch sub in a box that I'm trying to install. I was wondering if any one knows a good route to run the cables from the trunk up to the head unit, thanks!

Old 02-26-2018, 09:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Hello Everyone

Welcome to the forum. This place is going to be invaluable to you. It helps with the everyday and even the most perplexing questions imaginable (about the car)! Enjoy the (s)miles....

Old 02-26-2018, 10:26 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Welcome, I am on the wine trail in southern IL

Once you get shifting figured out, go easy on the clutch, this is one you do not want to pay to replace often.

I have my amp behind passenger seat.
Wires from head unit straight back through consol, and power has a spot behind battery through firewall, and can go behind kick panel and under sil plate.
Do not eun power wire in same location as rca / speaker wires.

What sub and amp are you wanting to install ?

Mine
Kenwood kmr-d558bt
Skar tx65c components on factory amp
​​​​​​​Skar tweeters on dash beside a pillars
Oem tweeters in door on factory amp
Skar skv2-1500.1 amp powering
2 Skar vvx -8v3 subwoofers in 2 seperate sealed boxes
​​​​​​​And still have plenty of room for my luggage and bags every week.

The subwoofers are tripple stacked high excursion subs in small space.
Was going to go sundown audio, but wAntes to try skar line.

I like this setup, and running 4 tweeters, 2 in door and 2 in a pillars.

Old 02-26-2018, 10:56 AM
Received 540 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilBilly881
Hey guys I'm Phillip

Just got myself a black '06 crossfire. I'm learning so much from this car. This is the second car I've ever owned, the only fast car I've ever owned, and the only manual car I've ever owned! I feel bad for anyone who pulls up behind me at a stop light
Even though I've killed it about 20 times in the past two days, I can't resist the urge to go back outside and just drive it around!
Just wanted to say hello from Columbia MO and hopefully I see some of you out on the road!

also I have a 12 inch sub in a box that I'm trying to install. I was wondering if any one knows a good route to run the cables from the trunk up to the head unit, thanks!
This post shows you how to run wires from the head unit to the trunk. The same basic route is available on both sides of the car.
This is the install of a CD changer but route is the same. CLICK