New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New Member 2004 Crossfire Coupe

Old 05-03-2019, 06:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Member 2004 Crossfire Coupe

John-David here from Bynum, Alabama. New member with 2004 Crossfire coupe, cedar/dark slate interior/ silver exterior, auto. It has 134k miles, but still drives and handles great. I always wanted one, but life and more important expenses always precluded my owning one. As a veteran of both the United States Navy, and Army, and 65 year old retired government employee,with a bum knee, I'm kinda outta place with it all now, but I had the money and the price was right. So I made the purchase. Car looks good but it is evident someone had part of the dash out and has taken liberties (shortcuts) with putting things back correctly, and they even removed the telescoping wheel locking mechanism. The overhead courtesy lights never did work right, but everything else seemed great until two days ago and the after-market radio (pop up touch screen, navi, dvd/cd, etc) quit working, and today my door locks and hatch lock quit working. Didn't realize locks were vacuum operated, but this promises to be an adventure. Not new to mechanic work, but old to it, and getting into positions with limited room, or getting on knees or butt, sometimes presents a problem. Also, having trouble reading information posts as some type of pop up with footnote arrow keeps taking over my screen and won't let me scroll up or down. Any advice for a newcomer? Purchased chrome overlays for door handles (exterior), and upper steering column with telescoping lock, new key fob case, matching paint at auto paint shop for windshield surround, wheels, fender slats, vinyl colorant paint for seats, and new rotors/pads (OE} for my XF as all discs are worn probably past turning. Thanks in advance for any advice. Glad to be a member and happy to own Crossfire.

Old 05-27-2019, 09:08 AM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Re: New Member 2004 Crossfire Coupe

welcome and everything can be repaired,, just please post in the correct thd

Old 05-27-2019, 09:34 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: New Member 2004 Crossfire Coupe

We are only 37 miles apart, we should get together someday and talk Crossfire.
( I'm retired also, so there is no longer a concept of "weekend" for me, all the days are the same )
George