New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New Member...Bentley

Old 08-03-2021, 03:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member...Bentley

I have always driven Corvettes and have gotten burned out sooooo….I bought a Black 2005 Crossfire Limited convertible, 6speed, 35,000 miles as my new toy. Super clean....super nice. I want to spice it up a bit so first I did the muffler delete and really like the improved (to me) sound. Not what I've been used to but pretty good and a lot better than stock. Second I put K&N air filter elements in the stock location.....not convinced yet the aftermarket external filters do much but open to thoughts. Next.....and here's where I have a few questions.....I want to replace the stock throttle body for the larger AMG version. It appears straightforward and doable but my two questions are: ANY ECU CODE ISSUES? and IS A NEW TUNE NEEDED POST SWAP TO MAXIMIZE PERFORMANCE? If a tune is needed.....any suggestions on product? OR I'm in Dallas texas do you know of any tuners that work on MB SLKs?

Thank you

Old 08-03-2021, 04:17 PM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Re: New Member....Bentley

Welcome and I hope you enjoy your new crossfire! I would place your questions about the new throttle body in a different thread to receive more exposure.
there are a lot of great people here that I’m sure can answer all your questions on mods.

Old 08-04-2021, 09:19 AM
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts

Congrats on your recent Crossfire purchase & welcome to our Forum.

Regarding the K&N filter elements, the only concern I have with using these (and I've used them for years in nearly all my vehicles until this past year) is the possibility of any filter treatment carry-over making its way over to the throttle body where it could contaminate the MAF sensor. The throttle body getting some contamination from this filter treatment isn't a major concern to me as it gets dirty enough from the crankcase breather system. Just my $0.02. For this reason, I don't use any aftermarket air filter elements requiring cleaning & treatment. Regular air filter elements can be changed yearly for minimal trouble & expense. I'm also not convinced the performance gain from filters similar to K&N are significant enough to warrant their use for everyday driving habits. Again - my $0.02.

Old 08-06-2021, 02:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info.....appreciate it