New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Old 08-20-2021, 07:36 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default New Member

Hello
New Member! I love my Crossfire! My friend told me about this forum but it does worry me reading some of your post and how some of you treat one another. I thought this was a place to receive help and share a love for our cars.

Old 08-20-2021, 07:39 PM
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Re: New Member

Welcome! Enjoy your Crossfire! If you ever do need help there are a lot of good people here willing to do all they can to try.

Old 08-20-2021, 11:42 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Refreshing to hear. You are the first to reply with a positive attitude. I will be sure to reach out when I need the help. Thank you

Old 08-21-2021, 09:44 AM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

Welcome to the forum, enjoy the ride.

Old 08-21-2021, 12:12 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome! I've had my Crossfire for three years and am still one of the new guys. There's a tremendous amount of institutional knowledge on this forum.

How about sharing some details/photos for your ride?

Still love looking at my Crossfire in the garage and love it even more driving it!

Old 08-22-2021, 07:48 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I too have noticed that some people do not treat other members well at times. Perhaps they have become jaded or frustrated with seeing the same questions asked over and over when it seems like people do not look for their answer before posting a new question. Sometimes it seems like it is just a misunderstanding and the person who is being rude did not understand what was being asked or believed it was some thing else that had been resolved elsewhere. Anyway, there is a vast amount of valuable information to be found especially when trying to solve problems with your car or prevent them from happening in the first place. There are more helpful than hurtful members here but sometimes the hurtful voices seem to be louder. You should check out the Colorado crossfire club… There seems to be a strong following there and they might still have tech days occasionally were you can get help working on your car from people who have experience and socialize with other crossfire enthusiasts.

Old 08-23-2021, 06:00 PM
Received 99 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainHero
I too have noticed that some people do not treat other members well at times. Perhaps they have become jaded or frustrated with seeing the same questions asked over and over when it seems like people do not look for their answer before posting a new question. Sometimes it seems like it is just a misunderstanding and the person who is being rude did not understand what was being asked or believed it was some thing else that had been resolved elsewhere. Anyway, there is a vast amount of valuable information to be found especially when trying to solve problems with your car or prevent them from happening in the first place. There are more helpful than hurtful members here but sometimes the hurtful voices seem to be louder. You should check out the Colorado crossfire club… There seems to be a strong following there and they might still have tech days occasionally were you can get help working on your car from people who have experience and socialize with other crossfire enthusiasts.
CaptainHero
There should be an introductory/tutorial section with basic instructions to NAVIGATE this forum. It may reduce the repeated questions that may have been discussed since 2003, a period of 18 years:
1.) Part of the tutorial should include OneHundred80's compiled listing to begin your search of the problem you're encountering.
2.) Go to the CARS section to survey the STICKY threads under each category, for All Crossfires, or specifically, Coupes, Roadsters and SRT6's, since they are the most common issues the owners have encountered over the past 18 years.
3.) USE the SEARCH button at the top of the main page, insert your problem (limited verbiage) and click on the search....

This may reduce the conflicts people are encountering and reduce the stress of the "long timers" of this forum. Some of the newbies are annoying, since they must chime in on numerous threads, without knowing all of the facts and providing misinformation.

Just my 2 cents....

Dennis
DTMenace

The following users liked this post:
KowalaGT (08-30-2021)
Old 08-23-2021, 06:09 PM

What has become of onehundred80? He hasn't been on in awhile.

Old 08-23-2021, 08:58 PM
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts

Welcome to our Forum. There are quite a few members that will provide help with your issues. We'll either give you pointers on where to look, or just provide you a solution to whatever you are dealing with.

Old 08-23-2021, 09:21 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by ZERACER
What has become of onehundred80? He hasn't been on in awhile.
he posted today :
15th Annual Fall Tail of the Dragon Meet - September 30 - October 4, 2021

Old 10-02-2021, 04:23 PM
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

post #7:
and an index on the first page? this would be the place to find many things that otherwise are asked many times.
and the questions of importance should be stickies for the same reason.

Old 10-03-2021, 08:02 PM
Administrator
Received 888 Likes on 692 Posts

Originally Posted by DTMenace
Some of the newbies are annoying, since they must chime in on numerous threads, without knowing all of the facts and providing misinformation.
That statement should be part of the forum instructions; the amount of baseless and outright incorrect 'advice' is becoming an actual problem here.

Old 10-04-2021, 07:31 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Dezzy317
Hello
New Member! I love my Crossfire! My friend told me about this forum but it does worry me reading some of your post and how some of you treat one another. I thought this was a place to receive help and share a love for our cars.
Unfortunately true about the false info.
Here is a partial list of members you can trust :
pizzaguy
graphiteghost
crystal
red dog
onehundred80
mrmiata
james1549
tighed1
zip439
me ( alaxfire ) on good days
sk8erjosh09
Rpaczan
valk
jhm2k
amx1397
waldig
zeracer
rcompart
needswings

Old 10-04-2021, 09:55 AM

Too many newbs use generalized assumptions and these vehicles are unique.