View Poll Results: Crossfires Across America - Rocky Mountain Edition - Which year for the event?
79.07%
20.93%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Crossfires Across America - Rocky Mountain Edition

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfires Across America - Rocky Mountain Edition

this gtg is sounding great.i am speaking for several that could not make it for the first one due to scheduling conflicts.the times you have chosen sound great...and at this point are open for me.going to drive a part of route 66 to get there. i encourage all interested parties to support our friends in the west and make it if you can. CAN'T WAIT!
gryfan
Southern Ontario Crossfire Owners

Old 08-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Okay Evan, 2327.2 miles one way..........make it worth my while friend!!!!!

Old 08-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will do! We are currently looking at hotels. One of member's wife is a travel agent and it is too soon to book this far out in advance. Stay tuned!

Old 08-17-2010, 08:13 PM

I'm with ya!!!!!

Old 08-17-2010, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by itsky
Will do! We are currently looking at hotels. One of member's wife is a travel agent and it is too soon to book this far out in advance. Stay tuned!
Can't wait to find out the actual dates.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:37 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 477 Likes on 333 Posts

My sister worked at the Durango Colorado - The Historic Strater Hotel back in the 70's

Old 08-17-2010, 09:41 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 477 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by danimal
Okay Evan, 2327.2 miles one way..........make it worth my while friend!!!!!
C'mon Dan....if I'm there... it will be worth the trip
In all actuality COLORADO is always worth the trip

Old 08-17-2010, 11:30 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I vote for July, but it won't matter, 'cause I'm coming anyway....lol

Old 08-18-2010, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by lorne
John. You will be around for a long time yet. "Only the Good die young" See you in 2013 then I will be 80 . They give out a plaque to you when you show up at events and are 80. yours is due very soon. We will have a party. You take care till we meet again. Lorne
Lorne Bless you. I do hope I read you wrong, what kind of PLAGUE do they award? Next July/August I'll only be 2-3 months from the life begins at 80 mark. You and I can have a "now you hold the gun on me" party. Kinda like the good ol days in SteinHaeger Germany. We gonna do it one way or another. Gotcha Covered.

John P
FTC

Attached Thumbnails Crossfires Across America - Rocky Mountain Edition-img_1060.jpg  
Old 08-18-2010, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
I vote for July, but it won't matter, 'cause I'm coming anyway....lol
Doc, that's our goal as well. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Old 08-18-2010, 08:06 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

FTroupe . When you get old sometimes you misspell words. I guess that has happened to me. Lorne

Old 09-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Bat

Itsky and all...

Thought I would try and help out.

We may need to look at eastern slope areas depending on how many people are coming and our lack of resources way up in the hills. Between Itsky, BC and myself - we know quite a few good runs in our local areas though. I also have a few ideas of hotels/accommodations but I need to get a guesstimate of how many rooms we are talking. So, how many rooms are we talking?! What was the actual room total in St. Louis? It would be totally cool if we could work out a deal with someplace historic, (for example: some place like Estes Park Hotels | The Stanley Hotel - Colorado Resort, Luxury Colorado Resort - I had a three day work conference there that was awesome) but I need numbers to talk with hotels/B&Bs/etc.

I believe H82BL8 had a family member with accommodation connections? Any news there? Any news from other CO people?

I'm also looking into renting HPR (http://www.highplainsraceway.com/)
for a Crossfires and invited friends only trackday. This is a road course not a quarter-mile strip or boring oval. How many of y'all are interested in that as well? I can tell you from personal experience that my Crossfire loves this track!

Old 09-29-2010, 10:23 PM

Bat - you bring up some good points. Keep in mind, the numbers attending will fluctuate between now and then. As to the total number of rooms, we're at the Dragon and don't have the numbers. I worked with the hotel to set aside 90 based on the interest initially displayed...we had a number of lost rooms because of cancellations and released a good number back. I would guess we used about 40.

If itsky and I get a chance to talk while he is here, we'll do so.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:40 PM
Bat

Originally Posted by Erzer
Bat - you bring up some good points. Keep in mind, the numbers attending will fluctuate between now and then. As to the total number of rooms, we're at the Dragon and don't have the numbers. I worked with the hotel to set aside 90 based on the interest initially displayed...we had a number of lost rooms because of cancellations and released a good number back. I would guess we used about 40.

If itsky and I get a chance to talk while he is here, we'll do so.
Thanks, Erzer. I think I'll do some initial contacts with a 40 to 75 room count. I emailed Itsky as well.

Hope y'all are having fun! What am I saying? Of course you are!

Old 09-29-2010, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bat
Itsky and all...

We may need to look at eastern slope areas depending on how many people are coming and our lack of resources way up in the hills. Between Itsky, BC and myself - we know quite a few good runs in our local areas though. I also have a few ideas of hotels/accommodations but I need to get a guesstimate of how many rooms we are talking. So, how many rooms are we talking?! What was the actual room total in St. Louis? It would be totally cool if we could work out a deal with someplace historic, (for example: some place like Estes Park Hotels | The Stanley Hotel - Colorado Resort, Luxury Colorado Resort - I had a three day work conference there that was awesome) but I need numbers to talk with hotels/B&Bs/etc.

I believe H82BL8 had a family member with accommodation connections? Any news there? Any news from other CO people?

for a Crossfires and invited friends only trackday. This is a road course not a quarter-mile strip or boring oval. How many of y'all are interested in that as well? I can tell you from personal experience that my Crossfire loves this track!
Bat,
I think I share your interest of having the event based on the eastern slope. We all know the runs through this area and I think hotels are a bit cheaper. I do like the idea of the racetrack as that would be a lot of fun. I am hoping that Bill (H82BL8)'s wife will have some hotel pricing for us soon.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:41 PM
Received 510 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by Bat
Itsky and all...

I have definite interst is the race track even. I hear Bat and H82BL8 run this one with a decent road course.

I mentioned to Itsky that we have the helmets from the last CAA available and could ship them out for those who don't have the room to bring their own.

Can't tell you how much fun the track event was at St Louis. I was having too good a time to notice.

franc

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 10-12-2010 at 10:34 AM.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:21 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
Can't tell you how much fun the track event was at St Louis. I was having too good a time to notice.

franc
I'll second that!!! That was an experiance that is NOT soon forgotten. Once again, Thank You Franc!!! If this is at all possible I reccommend to any and all to sign up! As to the East Slope, why not! You've got Co. Spgs. area, with all that is there to see, Manitou Springs, Old Colorado City, Garden of the Gods, Seven Falls, Air Force Acadamy, Pikes Peak, and just a short mountain drive to Cripple Creek for those that like to gamble. Then there's Boulder...

Old 10-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by itsky
We are currently looking at the week of July 25 or August 1 for the date.
Originally Posted by tighed1
Hope that all that show interest actually attend (this time). Looking forward to my second CAA!
I voiced my opinion for STL CAA and I will do it again. I fully realize people need to drive long distances, myself included at over 2,000 miles, but I still think it need to be centered around a weekend, giving people the option to stay for as long as they care to. When the fun events are in the middle of the week, some of us can not take off multiple weeks per year just for crossfire events, we have family and other vacations we need to use that time for. When we were thinking about doing this once every few years, that was one thing, but now to have a CICCI event in NC, the CAA in Denver, The Dragon, Carlisle, Woodward, Texas Mile, etc. every single year and that is a lot of time off, unless you are retired, which I understand some of you are.

I say make it an extended weekend thing, maybe like a Thursday to Monday/Tuesday thing, allowing you to use the weekdays for the more expensive events, lowering those costs, and doing things like scenic drives on the weeknd when events are pricier. People who are closer do not have to miss an entire week of work. I only missed CAA because it was in the middle of the week, I was only 4 hours away, but couldn't justify an 8 hour drive to come for 1 night.

I am not trying to stir up the pot that much, just want this to be said in the early stages of discussion, what does everyone else think??

John

Old 10-12-2010, 11:46 AM

Saint Louis was perfect for those of us that had to travel great distances. If it is over a weekend, then it will be mainly a local event. I don't mind taking one week's vacation to go to an event, but not spread out over two weeks for just a weekend and which complicates getting approval from work.

Guess you have to weigh whether to do a weekend so the locals will go and not have to use vacation, or the Tue-Wed-Thu for the distance runners so that they only have to take one week of vacation. Like John stated, there are a lot of events to chose from and I was going to give up Carlisle for Colorado.....but not if I have to use two weeks to do it.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by danimal
Saint Louis was perfect for those of us that had to travel great distances. If it is over a weekend, then it will be mainly a local event. I don't mind taking one week's vacation to go to an event, but not spread out over two weeks for just a weekend and which complicates getting approval from work.

Guess you have to weigh whether to do a weekend so the locals will go and not have to use vacation, or the Tue-Wed-Thu for the distance runners so that they only have to take one week of vacation. Like John stated, there are a lot of events to chose from and I was going to give up Carlisle for Colorado.....but not if I have to use two weeks to do it.
I'm with Dan on the this one....you have to make a choice on which event you want to attend...I missed a bunch this year because family matters took presidence...if I am to go the distance to CO....then I like leaving Sunday, and returning the end of the week, thus using 1 week... if I take a Thurs thru Tues, thru the weekend, then I am leaving Tues of 1 wk returning Thurs of the next wk....using 2 weeks...so I am in for the CAA...either way, and the fall Dragon next year...that's it...

Quick Reply: Crossfires Across America - Rocky Mountain Edition