Organizing a GTG in the fabulous Florida Keys? . . .

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 06:54 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Organizing a GTG in the fabulous Florida Keys? . . .

Hello all . . .

I was thinking of organizing a Crossfire get-to-gether (GTG) in the fabulous Florida Keys for sometime in 2013. For those not familiar, the Florida Keys are a 100+ mile long chain of islands off the southern tip of the Florida mainland penisula. That drive along US 1 from Key Largo to Key West (the end of the road at the southernmost point in the USA) is rated as one of the top 10 most scenic drives in the country. The plan would include an opportunity to meet up in Key Largo (at the top of the Keys) on a Friday late morning / early afternoon and then "caravan" down to Key West (about 2-1/2 hours) for the weekend (a Friday, Saturday, Sunday event). Key West is a big "party town" . . . lots of fun!

Setting this GTG up in the summer months would be the least expensive time for accommodations down here but it might be more inviting for many of you to come down in the winter months to enjoy the endless summer of the fabulous Florida Keys and get out of the cold.

Before I start to get too obsessed with planning this (textbook case of OCD), I would like to get some feedback on the level of interest to attend such an event. The drive down to the bottom of Florida and then on to Key West would be a significant distance for those coming down from other states.

If you have a sincere interest in attending a 2013 GTG in the fabulous Florida Keys , please PM me (or you can e-mail me directly at RedDogNumber1@aol.com) to confirm your interest and also whether your preference would be for a summer or winter GTG. Looking forward to meeting many of you at the 6th annual Tail of the Dragon this fall . . .

Thanks, RED DOG . . . Bob & Cindy Davis

Last edited by RED DOG; 07-17-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:26 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: Organizing a GTG in the fabulous Florida Keys? . . .

I re-started this thread under the "Crossfire Meets" thread. Please view / comment there.