Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Ohio Crossfires?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 12:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ohio Crossfires?

I guess if we all had the same taste, we would all be driving the same color Crossfire.

Old 08-31-2007, 02:10 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RickZ
I guess if we all had the same taste, we would all be driving the same color Crossfire.
Especially cheapskates like me who have base model coupes.
Just like Henry Ford's model Ts; any color you want so long as it's BLACK !

Cincinnati Slim

Old 08-31-2007, 02:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NW part of the state here. Delta, OH which is west of Toledo.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:07 AM

SRT-6 Coupe
Sagamore Hills, (half way between Cleveland and Akron).
And By the way, anyone have a recommendation on a dealer who has knowledgeable service? OR, on that doesn't (so I know who to avoid).
Thanks.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:29 AM

So when are we going to all get together before it gets to cold and some of you put the toys away?

Old 10-14-2007, 05:14 PM

Glass City here (Toledo).

Old 10-16-2007, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Melspank
So when are we going to all get together before it gets to cold and some of you put the toys away?
My "toy" isn't going anywhere. I think I'm kind of hesitant to meet up with other Crossfire owners because my car isn't mint like I feel like a lot of your cars would be. Plus, I have no mods.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:34 AM

My toy is a daily driver too. Winter or summer it doesn't matter. My car is not pristine, it has scratches from rocks, it seems whatever is flying on the road hits me. It also has no mods. I believe it should stay factory. I don't have a garage so it sits outside in all weather conditions.

Melspank

Last edited by Melspank; 10-17-2007 at 05:29 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:56 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rock
My "toy" isn't going anywhere. I think I'm kind of hesitant to meet up with other Crossfire owners because my car isn't mint like I feel like a lot of your cars would be. Plus, I have no mods.
Rock don't feel that way. My car is anything but pristine, and I've cruised with "Mr. Clean" several times and he wasn't the least bit ashamed to be seen with me. And if he was, then he was too nice of a guy to say so.

The fact that you have no mods doesn't matter either. The Crossfire looks great just the way it is.

I've discovered that one of the best things about owning this car, is the enjoyment I've had meeting other Crossfire owners. Don't pass up that chance. By the way, Melspank is one "cool" Lady, you're lucky that you live near her. I wish we could all get together again before the weather turns sour.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:29 AM

Thank You +fireamx, you are so sweet, and so is your car!!!

Melspank

Old 10-17-2007, 06:15 AM
Forum Regular
Default Sunday @ Riverdowns ?

OK S.W. Ohio Crossfires...

There is a S.C.C.A Auto-X event at the big parking lot next to Riverdowns (horse racing track) east of Cincinnati this Sunday. Should be a nice day. Any takers ?

Cheers,
Cincinnati Slim

2006 Base six-speed black Coupe
Magnaflow cat-back
AMG/SRT6 air boxes

Old 10-17-2007, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Rock don't feel that way. My car is anything but pristine, and I've cruised with "Mr. Clean" several times and he wasn't the least bit ashamed to be seen with me. And if he was, then he was too nice of a guy to say so.

The fact that you have no mods doesn't matter either. The Crossfire looks great just the way it is.

I've discovered that one of the best things about owning this car, is the enjoyment I've had meeting other Crossfire owners. Don't pass up that chance. By the way, Melspank is one "cool" Lady, you're lucky that you live near her. I wish we could all get together again before the weather turns sour.
I have to go along with Mike on this one, I try to keep my car nice, but I love driving it too much, so it does have some blemishes, and I can tell you where everyone is, I just hope they aren't as obvious to everyone else as they are to me when I am washing it.
Definitely meeting other XF owners has been a big part of the enjoyment of this car, do not pass up any opportunity you get.
That being said, sorry Cincinnati Slim, can't get that far from home this weekend, but I will be in Sharon PA Sunday, hope someone can make it there. And let's keep posting I'm sure we can meet up sometime, that would be .

Old 10-17-2007, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx

Thanks for the kind words. Well, in that case, when are we getting together, dudes? Andrew talked about meeting up some time back when I first joined. I'm sure he'd be interested (he lives fairly close to me as well). What weekends do you (Columbus) guys have available? It's going to have to be soon.

Old 11-09-2007, 04:31 AM

By the way, concerning a "get together" for Ohio CF owners. There are several Quaker Steak and Lube" restaurants around in Ohio. Typically, or at least the two that are relatively close to my location, which would be the Cleveland/Akron area, have a car show typically on Sunday afternoons. I took my 2005 graphite SRT-6 coupe there and it got quite a few stares, and also many questions. All along the context of "What is this?, When the wing in the back goes down, where does it go?, to which I reply this "wing" doesn't go down, and then, with the hood open I usually get "HOLY CRAP!!!". Perhaps it would be nice to put something together, obviously next summer at one of these events....
Just a thought.

2005 Graphite Coupe SRT-6

Old 11-14-2007, 10:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just picked up a brand new 2006 Red Crossfire Limited Coupe last Saturday. My wife claims that the car is for me (to replace my aging Saturn SC2), but I think that secretly the car is for her (although she has yet to drive it). I want to put a few miles on it before winter comes to the Cleveland/Akron area.

Would love to meet with other CF owners. I think that Quaker Steak & Lube would be an ideal place to get together.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:41 PM

I am all for that, the weather might get to be an issue pretty soon, but any time you want to try and get together post it on here and we will do our best to meet up, short notice isn't a big issue. I am about 55 miles east of Cleveland, but as they say "Have Crossfire,Will travel"

Old 02-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: Ohio Crossfires?

(For those on the List, Please make you Reservations at the Lodge, if needed, before 3/1/08 & let me know, OK?
Thank you very much & see ya at this Great Crossfire Weekend in the Mountains of NC/TN.)

If Not on the List, Please Sign Up NOW & Help Us Fill in the Missing "White" States Below!

(Especially PA, WV, MS, LA, AR, OK, NE, IA ,WI, MI? & OH?)

The 45 Dragon Drivers' (20) States Map @ 2/9/08
(Including DC, & Canada)

Old 02-09-2008, 09:31 PM

Conneaut, Ohio

Old 02-24-2008, 06:18 PM

Shelby, Ohio here I think Im the only one in the area with a crossfire, but thats okay I like the look I got at the gas station yesterday.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:35 PM

cincinnati well northbend

Quick Reply: Ohio Crossfires?