Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

9/12/09 2009 Ride for Pride (DC/MD/VA)

Old 06-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9/12/09 2009 Ride for Pride (DC/MD/VA)

The 2009 Ride for Pride will be held on Saturday, September 12.

Special traffic note: When the cruise starts, the on-ramp to 495/95N has ongoing construction. The merge area is short and narrow. Be alert and safe while merging. There will be plenty of time to get back in line once on the highway.

This event is held in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area...Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C.

2009 will mark the 8th year of the Ride for Pride. For those unfamiliar with this cruise, it's purpose is to remember all who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. It also holds the purpose of expressing our support and gratitude to all the men and women of this nation's armed forces, who right now are ensuring that we have the right, and the freedom, to conduct this event.

This event was conceived in 2002, by D. Charleton (Terminator X), and with the assistance of M. Gonzales (Gonzo) and C. Pryce. The first Ride for Pride (RFP) had about 10 vehicles in attendance. This event has grown with each year that passes. The 2008 RFP had over 90 vehicles in attendance, including members from F-Body Hideout, Eastern F-Body Association, LS1Tech, LS1.com, LS1GTO, CCGTO, SRT Forums, and others.

The following is the video from the 2006 5th Annual Ride for Pride, as done by Joe Goss (Wreck):
Videos > 2006 9/11 Ride for Pride - FQuick.com

When: Saturday, September 12, 2009.

Time: RFP will depart at 2:00PM. Please make sure you are on time, and have fuel, stragglers will have to catch up. Some of us will arrive around Noon, to detail cars or catch up with those we have not seen in awhile, etc.

Staging area: Cameron Run Regional Park. 4001 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, Va.
Welcome to Cameron Run Regional Park

Directions to the staging area from I95 North: Take Exit 174 Eisenhower Avenue Connector and turn left at the light at the bottom of the hill. Proceed to the first traffic light and turn right onto Eisenhower Avenue. Cameron Run Park will be on the left about a half-mile up.

Directions to the staging area from I95 South: Take Exit 173 Van Dorn Street and turn left at the light at the top off the hill. Get into the right lane. Proceed to the bottom of the hill, going under the Interstate and under the train tracks, and turn right at the first traffic light onto Eisenhower Avenue. Cameron Run Park will be on the left about 1.8 miles up.

Duration/Distance: RFP will travel 75 to 80 miles, and last about 2 hours. Please make sure you have enough fuel to complete the cruise.

Route: From Cameron Run Park, we will turn right onto Eisenhower Avenue and proceed to the first traffic light. We will turn left onto the Eisenhower Avenue Connector, and proceed to the first traffic light. We will turn left onto the on-ramp for I 495 East/I 95 North (Please read the following: the on-ramp to 495/95N has ongoing construction. The merge area is short and narrow. Be alert and safe while merging. There will be plenty of time to get back in line once on the highway.). We will continue around the Capitol Beltway (I 495), taking over the left lane, into Maryland and then back into Virginia. We will then exit onto I 395 North, and take the right-hand exit onto the HOV lanes after Edsall Road. We will follow the HOV lanes toward the Pentagon, exiting onto Route 27, and then turning into the Pentagon North parking area. The cruise will end at that point.

Conduct: No burnouts, No donuts, No racing, we are not at the track. BE RESPONSIBLE.

Vehicles allowed: F-Body V6/V8, Mustang/Cobra V6/V8, Corvette, Viper, GTO new and old, GN/GNX/Grand National, Impala SS new/old, old-school/classic muscle car/hotrod, GM/Ford/Chrysler nameplates, stuff like that. Also consider this statement by D. Charleton from a few years ago ... "It's not like if you show up you'll be turned away."

Please be sure to bring/have an American flag to put on your car, or something to show support for our servicemen/women.

This year's cruise again has a lot to live up to. Please help me make this 'a cruise to remember'. Let us come together and show that we remember what happened on that awful day; and that we support our servicemen/women.

Special traffic note: When the cruise starts, the on-ramp to 495/95N has ongoing construction. The merge area is short and narrow. Be alert and safe while merging. There will be plenty of time to get back in line once on the highway.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:55 AM
Default Re: 9/12/09 2009 Ride for Pride (DC/MD/VA)

I would be interested. What is the route planned?

Old 06-24-2009, 12:00 PM

As an Active Duty Air Force member I would love to get involved with this. Unfortunately, I am currently deployed and I am not sure what my schedule will be like when I return. However, if need be I will take leave so I can attend.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Romio
I would be interested. What is the route planned?
Route: From Cameron Run Park, we will turn right onto Eisenhower Avenue and proceed to the first traffic light. We will turn left onto the Eisenhower Avenue Connector, and proceed to the first traffic light. We will turn left onto the on-ramp for I 495 East/I 95 North (Please read the following: the on-ramp to 495/95N has ongoing construction. The merge area is short and narrow. Be alert and safe while merging. There will be plenty of time to get back in line once on the highway.). We will continue around the Capitol Beltway (I 495), taking over the left lane, into Maryland and then back into Virginia. We will then exit onto I 395 North, and take the right-hand exit onto the HOV lanes after Edsall Road. We will follow the HOV lanes toward the Pentagon, exiting onto Route 27, and then turning into the Pentagon North parking area. The cruise will end at that point.

Old 07-06-2009, 04:59 AM

I worked my leave issue. I will be attending this event and hopefully I will have my father(Ret. Air Force) with me in his crossfire as well.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:37 PM

We will be there, good to see other Xfires there too.

Immo, I sent 3 brothers your way, just got 3 identical (except for color) Challangers, at least 2 may come to this event

Old 07-16-2009, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by immo
The 2009 Ride for Pride will be held on Saturday, September 12.

This event is held in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area...Virginia, Maryland, Washington, D.C.

2009 will mark the 8th year of the Ride for Pride. For those unfamiliar with this cruise, it's purpose is to remember all who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. It also holds the purpose of expressing our support and gratitude to all the men and women of this nation's armed forces, who right now are ensuring that we have the right, and the freedom, to conduct this event.

This event was conceived in 2002, by D. Charleton (Terminator X), and with the assistance of M. Gonzales (Gonzo) and C. Pryce. The first Ride for Pride (RFP) had about 10 vehicles in attendance. This event has grown with each year that passes. The 2008 RFP had over 90 vehicles in attendance, including members from F-Body Hideout, Eastern F-Body Association, LS1Tech, LS1.com, LS1GTO, CCGTO, SRT Forums, and others.

The following is the video from the 2006 5th Annual Ride for Pride, as done by Joe Goss (Wreck):
Videos > 2006 9/11 Ride for Pride - FQuick.com

When: Saturday, September 12, 2009.

Time: RFP will depart at 2:00PM. Please make sure you are on time, and have fuel, stragglers will have to catch up. Some of us will arrive around Noon, to detail cars or catch up with those we have not seen in awhile, etc.

Staging area: Cameron Run Regional Park. 4001 Eisenhower Avenue, Alexandria, Va.
Welcome to Cameron Run Regional Park

Directions to the staging area from I95 North: Take Exit 174 Eisenhower Avenue Connector and turn left at the light at the bottom of the hill. Proceed to the first traffic light and turn right onto Eisenhower Avenue. Cameron Run Park will be on the left about a half-mile up.

Directions to the staging area from I95 South: Take Exit 173 Van Dorn Street and turn left at the light at the top off the hill. Get into the right lane. Proceed to the bottom of the hill, going under the Interstate and under the train tracks, and turn right at the first traffic light onto Eisenhower Avenue. Cameron Run Park will be on the left about 1.8 miles up.

Duration/Distance: RFP will travel 75 to 80 miles, and last about 2 hours. Please make sure you have enough fuel to complete the cruise.

Conduct: No burnouts, No donuts, No racing, we are not at the track. BE RESPONSIBLE.

Vehicles allowed: F-Body V6/V8, Mustang/Cobra V6/V8, Corvette, Viper, GTO new and old, GN/GNX/Grand National, Impala SS new/old, old-school/classic muscle car/hotrod, GM/Ford/Chrysler nameplates, stuff like that. Also consider this statement by D. Charleton from a few years ago ... "It's not like if you show up you'll be turned away."

Please be sure to bring/have an American flag to put on your car, or something to show support for our servicemen/women.

This year's cruise again has a lot to live up to. Please help me make this 'a cruise to remember'. Let us come together and show that we remember what happened on that awful day; and that we support our servicemen/women.

Had a great time last year and will do my best to come this year too. You bringing those Detroit hotdogs again??

Tracey

Old 07-16-2009, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by TFS04Coupe
Had a great time last year and will do my best to come this year too. You bringing those Detroit hotdogs again??

Tracey
You must have had another vehicle last year, We had the only crossfire there!

It will be nice to see more this year!

Old 07-18-2009, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Scottw60

Hey Scott,
I remember you. I came over and talked to you. I had my 07 SRT8 Charger as my wife and I had our friend with us. Could not stuff her into the trunk! Ha! Not sure which we'll bring this year. Hope to see you there again.

Tracey

Old 07-18-2009, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Scottw60

BTW,

Try and get over to the Chris Dodge Memorial Ride. It's for the founder of XFis wife. JD Dodge had a beautiful TorRed roadster with chrome stock wheels. When he saw my SRT8 he traded the Xfire for a TorRed SRT8 CHarger. Check out the thread under the northeast forum I believe.

T.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by TFS04Coupe
Hey Scott,
I remember you. I came over and talked to you. I had my 07 SRT8 Charger as my wife and I had our friend with us. Could not stuff her into the trunk! Ha! Not sure which we'll bring this year. Hope to see you there again.

Tracey
bring the crossfire, and be one of the few, instead of one of the many Charges and Challangers that I am sure will be there.

Are you in Paul's group too? I think I joined the forum a while back to get more info, but I haven't been on there in probably close to a year.

I will be there, my wife is planning to to be at the rally in DC, so she will probably not be there. I may not get there in time for the barbecue though, besides I am a vegetarian!

Old 09-09-2009, 06:53 AM

Bump for the Weekend

Old 09-09-2009, 03:34 PM

How many Crossfire for this?

I think there are going to be a few

Old 09-10-2009, 06:46 AM

Due to construction on the Capitol Beltway, the directions to the staging area via I95 North have changed. The new directions are posted below.

Directions to the staging area from I95 North: Take Exit 173 Van Dorn Street and turn left at the light at the top off the hill. Get into the right lane. Proceed to the bottom of the hill, going under the Interstate and under the train tracks, and turn right at the first traffic light onto Eisenhower Avenue. Cameron Run Park will be on the left about 1.8 miles up.

Old 09-13-2009, 10:36 PM

I was the only Crossfire there again this year!

Here are some pics:

RFP09 - CrossfireForum.org Gallery