Other Cars The Crossfire isn't the only car out there. Discuss all the others in here.

New Challenger

Old 05-11-2008, 03:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: New Challenger

ohhhh. and did i mention... it comes with a switch to COMPLETLEY turn off the ESP..

Old 05-12-2008, 12:34 PM

I love the new Challenger. True its still a pig, but atleast its a coupe pig.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think most of you guys spend a bit too much time playing with your crossfires! The new challenger is a larger car than the mustang, but its also a much better car! Did any of you actually drive in a mustang, its like a toy. Also the srt8 challenger has been sold out since 2007.... thru 2009. I don't think Chryslers going to have a problem selling them! The 0-60 time is about 4.8 seconds, just like our srt6's. Lets also not talk about cars that don't sell well, most of us wouldn't even own a Crossfire if they were regular list price! Lets not judge the challenger before we actually get a chance to drive one and hear the reviews! Who knows maybe some of us will be on the Challenger forum one of these days!

Old 05-13-2008, 03:22 AM
Life is random...so am I.

Originally Posted by antonio311
Lets not judge the challenger before we actually get a chance to drive one

Does that mean I have free reign to talk about the Challenger all I want, unopposed?

Old 05-13-2008, 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by apkano
Does that mean I have free reign to talk about the Challenger all I want, unopposed?
As long as they are pro-challenger comments.. :-P jk

is that yours?

Old 05-13-2008, 08:33 AM

I think its going to be my next car. Probably won't be for another 3 to 4 years (just bought the XF).

Old 05-13-2008, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by mousegu
As long as they are pro-challenger comments.. :-P jk

is that yours?
In a word............yes.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Forum Regular

In two words... HELL YES!

Old 06-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Challenger was the car I wanted to get before I purchased my Crossfire. I've been watching it ever since the rumors started. I don't want the SRT8 but just want the RT and who knows when they will be available and be affordable. Life is too short to wait too long. Hopefully when things die down they will be reasonable to purchase. Say what you will but this car looks great and I'm a MOPAR nut. Reminds me of my youth.

I had a 2005 Dodge Magnum RT that I loved and would still have. My father passed away and I inherited two Toyota Avalons; my daughter also turned 16 and there was no way she was going to drive the Magnum. Da wife said something had to go. Avalons are nice but absolutely no fun to drive. The Magnum was loved by few but I loved it and never had any regrets.

The Crossfire is such an affordable juicy slice of Chrysler history and I've always been drawn to it also. Could not pass up the chance to own a slice.

I agree with the post above that most of us would not own a Crossfire if the price was close to MSRP. There are a lot of cars out there for that kind of money.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:47 AM
Forum Regular
Thumbs up Re: New Challenger

Exactly my point! The challenger is a new product that people have been waiting for years for Chrysler to bring back. I give Chrysler credit for making it again!

Old 06-06-2008, 06:23 AM

I too am glad that the Challenger is reborn, having owned the orginal 440 six pack. In the recent Car and Driver I was dissapointed to see it has such a tall stance compared to the orginal. I guess it was never meant to be a road course car with its handling in the 70's. I wonder how it compares to the height of a Crossfire?

Old 06-06-2008, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by blackberry
I too am glad that the Challenger is reborn, having owned the orginal 440 six pack. In the recent Car and Driver I was dissapointed to see it has such a tall stance compared to the orginal. I guess it was never meant to be a road course car with its handling in the 70's. I wonder how it compares to the height of a Crossfire?
In that article it was parked next to a race-prepped road racing car. The green Challenger was quite a bit lower than a stock original Challenger.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:16 AM

I would think a lower profile would be better on road course. I'm not sure just how high a NASCAR road car is it just seems the new Challenger is much to tall.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:27 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Can't wait to see 1 in person...always liked them in the '70's prolly will this 1 too...but, I bet I stay rt w/ them on the street, while its spinnin' I'll be grinnin'...bye, bye...

Old 06-06-2008, 11:36 AM

Apkano, is that a new Challenger I see in your driveway? I can't wait to test drive one of those bad boys. Even in the 70's there wasn't much on the street that could keep up. I did get spanked pretty good by a 427 vette one night on the freeway in California, it was a good race from a roll until he hit third gear and jumped me by about six car lengths.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by blackberry
Apkano, is that a new Challenger I see in your driveway? I can't wait to test drive one of those bad boys. Even in the 70's there wasn't much on the street that could keep up. I did get spanked pretty good by a 427 vette one night on the freeway in California, it was a good race from a roll until he hit third gear and jumped me by about six car lengths.
It was in my driveway, for about a week.

Now it's up north in storage in my dad's barn. Wayyyyyyyy too easy to loose your license with that car, especially when you find out that when you turn off the ESP/ABS, it REALLY turns off!

Old 06-06-2008, 07:00 PM

So exactly where up north? Is the barn locked? Is this barn hidden from view? For convenience sake do you keep gas in the tank and the keys stashed close by? Are there any nearby neighbors? If so, are they the type to report anything suspicious like a car thief breaking into the barn or do they keep to themselves? Just curious.

Last edited by Brent; 06-06-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Brent
So exactly where up north? Is the barn locked? Is this barn hidden from view? For convenience sake do you keep gas in the tank and the keys stashed close by? Are there any nearby neighbors? If so, are they the type to report anything suspicious like a car thief breaking into the barn or do they keep to themselves? Just curious.
Close to Gladwin Michigan, right in the heart of "Michigan Militia" territory.

Did I mention that my dad collects guns like I do. He also decided to change the "Chicago voting rules" to better reflect his personal views......."Shoot early and Shoot often"

He also has 3 Rottweilers.

Best of luck to 'ya!

Old 06-07-2008, 12:27 PM

Now that's funny.
I bought the Crossfire as a toy, I'd love to play with your new toy??? I'll wait for the convertable to come out then take another look.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:52 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you go to Jay Lenos garage he has a good video of him picking up his new Challenger. Lots of footage of him driving it back to his garage.
Oh, and he went to pick it up in his 70 Hemi Challenger.
I don't know how long they keep the videos posted, but it's there today.
Enjoy!

Quick Reply: New Challenger