Other Cars The Crossfire isn't the only car out there. Discuss all the others in here.

Chrysler Concept Car at BJ Auction

Old 01-14-2013, 09:01 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Chrysler Concept Car at BJ Auction

Shaune is one of my best "AMX" buddies, and his Father once owned a 1 off Chrysler Concept Car from the late 50's.
Well this Saturday it's going across the auction block at Barrett Jackson, and should bring over $1 Million.
If you get a chance check it out.

1956 CHRYSLER DIABLO Lot 5034 | Barrett-Jackson Auction Company

Old 01-23-2013, 01:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler Concept Car at BJ Auction

It sold for $1,375,000 with buyers premium. I was there and saw the car in person and I have to say it was in really fantastic overall condition. As one of the Salon Cars it was showcased with some very high end vehicles, all of which were in much better shape than the typical fodder that crosses the block at these auctions. Really, many of the cars are in seriously horrid condition. Oh, they may look good on TV but in person? Yikes! Of the 1300 cars sold, maybe 200 (not counting the high end Salon Cars) were really nice.

Old 01-23-2013, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
It sold for $1,375,000 with buyers premium. I was there and saw the car in person and I have to say it was in really fantastic overall condition. As one of the Salon Cars it was showcased with some very high end vehicles, all of which were in much better shape than the typical fodder that crosses the block at these auctions. Really, many of the cars are in seriously horrid condition. Oh, they may look good on TV but in person? Yikes! Of the 1300 cars sold, maybe 200 (not counting the high end Salon Cars) were really nice.
Thanks for the update Mike. I was wrong about the car belonging to my friends Father, it actually belonged to his Grand Father. My friend Shaune has a photograph of him sitting on his Dad's shoulders, while his Dad stood next to his Fathers Car, in the late 60's. Not long after that photo was taken, Shaunes Father was killed in a car accident.
Shaune never even knew anything about the Diablo until about 15 or 20 years ago when his Mother was visiting him in Cleveland Oh, and saw a photo of the car in the newspaper saying it was on display at the Crawford Auto museum in Cleveland. She told him that was his Grandfathers Car. Being the car guy that he is, they immediately jumped into his car and drove down to the museum to see it.
Since Shaunes Father died while he was still pretty young, he doesn't have much of a memory of him, but his Mom told him he was a real car guy too. So it's really not that far of a stretch to imagine that car being kept "in the family" after all these years. At least that's the way Shaune would have liked it.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:10 PM

I really like that car.