Parts/Accessories for sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

WTB Inside door pull handles

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB Inside door pull handles

Hey Everyone,
I've searched everywhere in the forums and on online parts stores and cannot for the life of me find the complete inside pull handles for this car. I have an 04 Crossfire. I need the front cover part and also the back part(the part that bolts into the door itself). I am restoring a Crossfire i just bought and this is the hardest part yet i have to find. Let me know asking prices and everything.

Thanks.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: WTB Inside door pull handles

Originally Posted by Chrysler_xfire
Hey Everyone,
I've searched everywhere in the forums and on online parts stores and cannot for the life of me find the complete inside pull handles for this car. I have an 04 Crossfire. I need the front cover part and also the back part(the part that bolts into the door itself). I am restoring a Crossfire i just bought and this is the hardest part yet i have to find. Let me know asking prices and everything.

Thanks.
The back of the handle seems to be made on the door panel. I have an extra door stored up in the garage. I will see how it attaches. But from what I remember it did not look like a part that would come off easily.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by frankeyser
The back of the handle seems to be made on the door panel. I have an extra door stored up in the garage. I will see how it attaches. But from what I remember it did not look like a part that would come off easily.
I read somewhere that it is glued into the tapered holes and comes out with a smack of a hammer. Some are loose already, one of mine was, but I never loosened the other side.
You use the hammer at your own risk though.
The posts of the handle are the silver tapered items in the middle of the door.

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-22-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:42 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hey Everyone,

Thanks.
I have the front cover part, just not the structural handle.

$35 shipped for both front covers if you're interested.

Old 03-23-2012, 07:26 AM

If you broke the back part of the door pull the easiest thing to do might be to repair it. Otherwise you may need to buy a door panel to find the part you need. Assuming your door pull is broken remove the two screws that go into the door panel and door through the door pull. Spin those broken pieces around in the door panel until they come out (this will take a while but it's easier than removing the door panel). Once you got those out epoxy them to the back of the door pull, consider adding a strap to either side to provide strength the whole piece. Reinstall and you should be ok.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:29 AM

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback. The biggest problem i have is i just bought the car and all the damage that has been done was done by (in my personal opinion of the old owner) by a teenage brat who didnt care for her stuff. Luckily she got all the maintenance done at dealers so i know the oil changes were done and everything, but i digress.

Anyways so she threw away the door pull that broke off and thats my problem. If they were still around i would work something up because thats what i do, but i dont have them so it its a bit harder haha. I did pull the remnants of the handle out and it seems i could swap a new one in but the problem with that is i dont know where to find a new one.

So any ideas where to go from there? Any tips would be great. Because the worst part is when i have passengers like my girlfriend or friends ride, they seem to grab parts of the door that are also unstable and it makes me worry other things will break.

Also, I can do 35 for both the covers because i need them as well, but i wanted to wait and see if i can even get a hold of the actual pulls themselves because otherwise the covers are kind of pointless for me until then.

Thanks once again for all of the tips and info.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:39 AM

Hey guys, thanks for all the feedback. The biggest problem i have is i just bought the car and all the damage that has been done was done by (in my personal opinion of the old owner) by a teenage brat who didnt care for her stuff. Luckily she got all the maintenance done at dealers so i know the oil changes were done and everything, but i digress.

Anyways so she threw away the door pull that broke off and thats my problem. If they were still around i would work something up because thats what i do, but i dont have them so it its a bit harder haha. I did pull the remnants of the handle out and it seems i could swap a new one in but the problem with that is i dont know where to find a new one.

So any ideas where to go from there? Any tips would be great. Because the worst part is when i have passengers like my girlfriend or friends ride, they seem to grab parts of the door that are also unstable and it makes me worry other things will break.

Also, I can do 35 for both the covers because i need them as well, but i wanted to wait and see if i can even get a hold of the actual pulls themselves because otherwise the covers are kind of pointless for me until then.

You may want to look into a full door panel replacement on the passenger side, because if your passengers have been "strength-testing" the other components it won't be long before they snap as well.

No worries on the door pulls, they're here if you need them. I agree they're quite useless without the functioning handle behind them LOL

Old 04-18-2012, 01:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Chrysler_xfire,

I recently bought a Crossfire 04 and it was missing the drivers door pull handle. Did you ever find a replacement?

Thanks

Old 04-18-2012, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Frinemy
Hello Chrysler_xfire,

I recently bought a Crossfire 04 and it was missing the drivers door pull handle. Did you ever find a replacement?

Thanks
Hey,
I did not find a replacement. There are complete door panels on ebay and in junkyards but everyone wants $300 + for them and i just cannot justify that amount of money. However i am working on creating my own door pulls(my brother has a machine shop so i was thinking about designing them and then having him cut/build them).
If you are willing to spend the money the best thing to do is just buy a new door panel. Once i come up with a design for the pull handles i will post info on how that goes and if it works out i can make them available to others on here.

Anyways sorry i cant help out much. Seems the parts we need are far and few between. Good luck with the new crossfire though.

Old 04-23-2012, 02:28 AM

I found the inside pull handles @ parts.com. It's just the handle. The right side is $33.58, left side (the one I need) is $63.25.

Thank you for your help.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:12 AM

I found the inside pull handles @ parts.com. It's just the handle. The right side is $33.58, left side (the one I need) is $63.25
Post pics when you receive them, as well as the part number. This could be very helpful if it proves to be the "inner" portion that actually secures to the door.

I know for years, the Chrysler catalog was bass-ackwards because they referred to the outer covers (non-structural, simply cosmetic) as the pull handle.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Post pics when you receive them, as well as the part number. This could be very helpful if it proves to be the "inner" portion that actually secures to the door.

I know for years, the Chrysler catalog was bass-ackwards because they referred to the outer covers (non-structural, simply cosmetic) as the pull handle.
From the Parts Catalog.
There are parts listed as Cover, Pull Handle
Right - 68003474AA
Left - 68003475AA
and
Pull,Door Interior, Strap.
Right - 0YA04401AA
Left - 0YA05401AA

The price difference reflects the different parts not left and right. I'll check but someone, maybe two people, got caught buying the outer when they wanted the inner. Be careful.

Old 04-23-2012, 11:42 AM

I found the inside pull handles @ parts.com. It's just the handle. The right side is $33.58, left side (the one I need) is $63.25.

Thank you for your help.
Why the heck is one side more expensive than the other?!

Old 04-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
From the Parts Catalog.
There are parts listed as Cover, Pull Handle
Right - 68003474AA
Left - 68003475AA
and
Pull,Door Interior, Strap.
Right - 0YA04401AA
Left - 0YA05401AA

The price difference reflects the different parts not left and right. I'll check but someone, maybe two people, got caught buying the outer when they wanted the inner. Be careful.
The OEM ones are glued in corrected? I am trying to remember what the looked like. Do these replacments bolt in?

Old 04-23-2012, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by lildaddym
If you study the way the price list is laid out then you will see that this listing is wrong. It is hard to explain, you missed my point on the previous post of mine. Ask yourself where are the listings for the other two parts, there are two left hand parts and two right hand parts on our cars, a total of four parts. This list says only two parts.
The expensive part I am sure is the correct part you need but is it the left door or the right door part?
When you order ask specifically for the left door inner pull. That way you can send it back if they screw up.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by frankeyser
The OEM ones are glued in corrected? I am trying to remember what the looked like. Do these replacments bolt in?
They are glued in, it is not structurally required to be glued, I suspect that is just to keep the parts together during assembly so the two parts do not get separated. The one I saw on my old car was glued on one side only, I am told a sharp rap with a hammer separates them. If I recall correctly the part and the hole where tapered.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by lildaddym
Did you ever buy interior door pulls? If so did you get a good deal and where? Do you know if the right one will fit on the left since it is so much cheaper

Old 10-24-2013, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by blkXfire04
Did you ever buy interior door pulls? If so did you get a good deal and where? Do you know if the right one will fit on the left since it is so much cheaper
No they are handed parts with two part numbers, and two prices. Odd about the prices but ..............?