Parts/Accessories for sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Mesh Windscreen

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mesh Windscreen

I recently purchased a windscreen for my 2006 Crossfire Limited. The company I dealt with was great and the item was shipped to my home quickly. I love the fit and the look of the windscreen. Please look at the photos. If you are interested in purchasing the windscreen, the web site is: www.tuningshop.co.uk (Racing Brand Ltd.) They offer a discount to Crossfire Forum members. The total price which included shipping was $276.41. Have a great day!

Attached Thumbnails Mesh Windscreen-cjacc-sept-2012-015.jpg   Mesh Windscreen-karl-meys-2012-037.jpg   Mesh Windscreen-karl-meys-2012-034.jpg  
Old 10-23-2012, 10:59 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default re: Mesh Windscreen

Looks great! They've changed them slightly since I bought mine from them about 5 years ago. At least you got the discount which they didn't offer back then. Here's mine:

Old 10-24-2012, 02:02 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by earlj
I recently purchased a windscreen for my 2006 Crossfire Limited. The company I dealt with was great and the item was shipped to my home quickly. I love the fit and the look of the windscreen. Please look at the photos. If you are interested in purchasing the windscreen, the web site is: www.tuningshop.co.uk (Racing Brand Ltd.) They offer a discount to Crossfire Forum members. The total price which included shipping was $276.41. Have a great day!
That's exactly the style I've been looking for, good find! How's the cabin buffeting on the highway?

Old 10-24-2012, 06:14 AM
Forum Regular

This looks good. I'm wondering how thick it is. Looks like you would need to move the sear forward a bit. I have the the seat back as far back as possible, and I want more, less might be an issue.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:27 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This windscreen does not impede on the seat going all the way back.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Indelibility
That's exactly the style I've been looking for, good find! How's the cabin buffeting on the highway?
From the information on the Forum, it seems that there is no windscreen/windblock that will get rid of all of the buffeting. This windscreen reduces some of the buffeting; however, it does not eliminate it. I found that if I raise the windows about three inches most of the buffeting is eliminated. Looking at both the plastic windblockers and the windscreens, I like the windscreen looks the best.

Have a great day!

Old 10-25-2012, 06:01 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Another alternative is to do what I did....

I moked up a template out of cardboard that utilizes the umbrella holder screw connections as the support, took it to my local plastics shop and had then cut me a smoked piece of 1/4 inch lexan with rounded edges.

I had to spend some time with wet sandpaper to get the edges nice and smooth (just a tad on the OCD side!! - or is that CDO for the correct alphabetical order ;-))

$60.00 Canadian.

Looks great, works awesome.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by blasco403
Another alternative is to do what I did....

I moked up a template out of cardboard that utilizes the umbrella holder screw connections as the support, took it to my local plastics shop and had then cut me a smoked piece of 1/4 inch lexan with rounded edges.

I had to spend some time with wet sandpaper to get the edges nice and smooth (just a tad on the OCD side!! - or is that CDO for the correct alphabetical order ;-))

$60.00 Canadian.

Looks great, works awesome.
Please send some pictures. I bet it looks as good as some of the windblocks members purchased through retailers. Good luck with it. Both windblocks and windscreens are nice.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Car has been put away for winter storage -

When I get out to where it is stored to check on it, I will snap some pictures.

Old 11-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've been looking for a mesh windscreen for awhile now as I'm not a big fan of the clear plastic ones. Despite the fact that they are now an exclusive Jag only parts supplier, I checked with Adamesh in the UK to see, if by chance, they had any old Crossfire windscreens left. Sure enough, they rummaged through their warehouse and found one, last Adamesh Crossfire windscreen.

I purchased it this a.m. and should have it later this week shipped via DHL. It looks identical to InfernoRed's and price was on par with the Tuning Shop version.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:28 PM

Great! Both mesh windscreens are nice. Have a nice Thanksgiving!

Old 11-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also have an adamesh screen from UK. Works great, but like everyone says doesn't eliminate wind altogether. But why have a Roadster if you don't like the wind. How about the new Mercedes which pipes heater air up in back of the seats. That's really cool, err I mean warm.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:21 PM

Looks great. Two other windscreens members have good words about is the Windblox crossfire windscreen, and the one made by King Penn. There's also a crossfire windscreen review published. I have one of these windscreens, which helps, but doesn't cut down on all wind, but it does make cruising topless a blast in the spring! My wife still needs to use a hair clippy.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:05 AM

Has anyone tried the ones from Chrysler Crossfire Windscreen Windblocker Wind Deflector. This is my first convertible and I have no experience with windscreens. What is better a solid Lexan or a screen material? Can you actually talk on a phone with the top down and doing 70 mph with one of these?

Thanks for any feedback.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by TonySan
Has anyone tried the ones from Chrysler Crossfire Windscreen Windblocker Wind Deflector. This is my first convertible and I have no experience with windscreens. What is better a solid Lexan or a screen material? Can you actually talk on a phone with the top down and doing 70 mph with one of these?

Thanks for any feedback.
The general consensus seems to be that the mesh ones are better, BUT
they also cost a LOT more.
I have one from your link above, and am quite happy with it.
You can talk on a cell if you put both windows up.
Do not order the vinyl case for it, you will find that once you install it, you will leave it on, except for occasional cleaning.
BTW, I do not recall the name, but the guy at that site is very helpful.
I made the mistake of ordering only 2 of the clear vinyl straps, I sent him an email inquiring how to get 2 more, and he threw four new ones in the mail to me for FREE !

Old 12-15-2012, 07:48 AM
Forum Regular

Thanks for any feedback.
Since you asked for feedback:

From personal experience, I can tell you that talking on the phone and driving 70 mph is NOT wise. We think we're great drivers until........

JMHO

Old 12-16-2012, 10:30 PM

My personal preference is the screen material. I like the looks of it over the solid Lexan. It is a personal choice as far as looks go. When you speak about performance, most of them don't block all of the wind and it doesn't stop all of the wind noise. When you purchase a convertible you must also be aware that you will have wind and wind noise to contend with. I don't think there is a product out there that will totally eliminate wind and wind noise.

Old 12-17-2012, 07:47 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by earlj
My personal preference is the screen material. I like the looks of it over the solid Lexan. It is a personal choice as far as looks go. When you speak about performance, most of them don't block all of the wind and it doesn't stop all of the wind noise. When you purchase a convertible you must also be aware that you will have wind and wind noise to contend with. I don't think there is a product out there that will totally eliminate wind and wind noise.
Au Contraire !
You could wear one of those Formula 1 helmets and have Metallica cranked up loud in the earphones. That would look odd though.
Why not just do the IPOD and earplugs.
Who cares if you miss an occasional truck horn or train whistle .....

Old 01-09-2013, 05:05 PM

Thanks for any feedback.
This is the one I have. First of all, I'd say to set your expectations that no windscreen is going to block all of the wind coming into the cabin. Since none of the windscreens can be very tall, they all have the same limitation of heigth. That said, I went with this one since it seems to be the largest size, is guaranteed for life, and is value priced. I don't talk on my cell phone at 70 MPH, but I do use my blue tooth at 65 MPH with the top down, without problem.

Old 01-09-2013, 06:24 PM

after going to the site you listed I am sold and ordering one. I just got my crossfire and join this site Tuesday. I just want to say this is a great site with so much information. I have learn so much reading all the threads. Thank you everyone

Quick Reply: Mesh Windscreen