Parts/Accessories for sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Trying to find answers

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 12:03 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trying to find answers

My husband, known as lildaddym, or Michael Durisseau was part of this group when he was living. He died 1 17 15 very unexpectedly., so many new ones here won't remember him. He had a 2005 Crossfire convertible in his name only, I have kept it up as best I can, but it's been sitting since Feb 1 because on my widow's pension (I am almost 63 years old, disabled etc) I do not have .the funds to fix it to get it registered/inspected. My apts are going to tow it away by next week if I cannot get it moved or taken care of. The title is in his name and since moving a little over a year ago, has come up missing. I am crushed over all of this. It was his/our baby, and I don't want to lose it, but if I have to lose it, don't want to lose it over this without any benefit to me. I am throwing this out there in case anyone might want it for whatever reasons. It needs rear brakes, a coolant reservoir, and the check engine light came on the last month it was driven, Jan of this year. It has a relatively new battery (used maybe 9 months before it became illegal, the front brakes done about 1 1/2 years ago...AC works fine, needs an oil change desperately bad, the button for the drop top has sunk down in the console, but worked fine before that happened...I tried to get a copy of the title, but I couldn't because I don't haven a current ID for him, as his is expired. He didn't have a will so there has been no probate, because he really didn't have much, besides his camera equipment, (he was a newspaper editor and photographer at a small local paper, and there was no life insurance because of his health issues, it was way to expensive),But it's a clean title, was paid off totally,nothing owed. Could use some front tires. The car is located in Galveston TX. I cannot afford a tow truck to move it to someone's house nearby where it would be safe, until I can somehow get it fixed which is what I want. But I may not be able to have what I want in this situation and I'm heartbroken. I am throwing this out there because I am desperate. I don't log into his email all that often, but if anyone has any ideas, thoughts, etc I will check more often in case there is any responses..He was in several crossfire groups through the years, and enjoyed his communication with everyone in them.... So if anyone has any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, interest, please let me know. and thank you to anyone who took the time to read this... .If you could email me directly at mrandmrsdurisseau@gmail.com I would appreciate it. I don't know how all this forum stuff works.

Last edited by lildaddym; 08-06-2018 at 12:07 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 08-06-2018, 12:46 PM
DHS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Trying to find answers

Not sure about Texas, but I would call the DMV and see if you can get a replacement title. Don’t tell them he is gone just say y’all lost it. If you can get it then you have a better chance of selling it.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:15 PM

I tried that ...since the title is not in my name I had to try to do it in his name as a lost title...But since I didn't have an unexpired DL to send them online, I couldn't do it. But thank you

Old 08-06-2018, 05:54 PM

I believe a death certificate can be used to transfer the title into your name, regardless of what the dmv says online...go to a branch to file loss of title(pay fee), get said replacement title, transfer into your name.. i just helped do all this with my mother in law this past January.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:26 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Don't give up, there has got to be someone on forum that is in the area, that would be more than willing to help.