Racing The place to talk about autocrossing, road and drag racing.

Willow Springs May 6th & 7th

Old 04-27-2006, 12:18 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cool Willow Springs May 6th & 7th

Gentlemen, Start your engines !!!

For those of you interested, I'll be running the Crossfire at Willow Springs International Raceway on the weekend of May 6th & 7th with the National Auto Sports Association (NASA). The weekend should be interesting and includes a 3 hour night time enduro race on Saturday night. Since NASA is a new sanctioning body to me, I'll be running the HPDE event on Saturday to get signed-off on my license and then hopefully be running TTD on Sunday.

The car is nearly gutted now and I should have the new Super Sprint headers installed.

http://www.willowspringsraceway.com
http://www.nasaproracing.com

Old 04-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Willow Springs May 6th & 7th

...have a good run. "bust that HDPE out!"

j.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:56 PM

Bringing this back to the top incase any SOCAL Crossfires want to attend... Take a drive out to the track and show some support...

Saturday 9am to 7pm - Sunday 9am to 5pm

http://www.willowspringsraceway.com

Old 05-02-2006, 03:23 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which day are you going? Or are you there both days?

Old 05-02-2006, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by srt6_crossfire
Which day are you going? Or are you there both days?
I'll be running both days. Since I am a rookie driver with the National Auto Sports Association (NASA) I have to run in HPDE 4 on Saturday to get cleared for my comp. license and have the car checked out for TT class. Then on Sunday I'll be running the car for national points in the TTD or TTC class.

If you want to come out, Saturday would be good since my sweetie will be there with the pop-up tent, plenty of extra chairs and a cooler full of Red Bull... Sunday she has to go back to LA for her weekly dance class and will be taking most of my creature comforts with her...

It's only a 1-1/4 hour drive from the 405 / 101 interchange. Easy drive out highway 14 past Lancaster to Rosemond Blvd, then take a left, appx. 5 miles and the track is on the right. I think you'll enjoy it since this is a fully sanctioned national event and will have some serious race cars in attendance. Also, we are running the BIG track not the small road course, so you can sit on the pit wall and throw popcorn... LOL

May 6-7: Willow Springs International Raceway
This event features HPDE, Time Trial, Formula TR, and all regular NASA race classes: Honda Challenge, Spec Miata, SE-R Cup, Factory Five Challenge, Super Unlimited, Vette-Viper Challenge, Performance Touring, Renault Sports Racer, Spec Neon, Spec SRT, 944-Spec. Additionally, there will be a 3 hour day enduro, the third stop of the Western Endurance Racing Championship and a Competition Licensing School hosted by Driving Concepts.

Hope to see you there ! PS: Track entry fee for spectators is $10.

Last edited by HDDP; 05-02-2006 at 05:51 AM.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Old 05-03-2006, 10:19 PM
Forum Regular

This HDPE thing, is this the same thing as the Performance Driving Clinic that they offer in Buttonwillow? Was wondering if I can sign up for it, especially, with my situation of having a roadster.

I'll try to make it on Saturday. Not sure what time i'll be there, not a morning person at all. Though, if someone else wants to make the drive/caravan with me, then I'd make the effort on waking up and be there in the morning.

Old 05-03-2006, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by srt6_crossfire
This HDPE thing, is this the same thing as the Performance Driving Clinic that they offer in Buttonwillow? Was wondering if I can sign up for it, especially, with my situation of having a roadster.

I'll try to make it on Saturday. Not sure what time i'll be there, not a morning person at all. Though, if someone else wants to make the drive/caravan with me, then I'd make the effort on waking up and be there in the morning.
That would be VERY COOL. The National Auto Sports Association is a fully sanctioned national body with points systems and trophy and money races throughout the year. The SOCAL division runs every month at the normal haunt of tracks on the West Coast.

HPDE is a very cool concept in that it is much like the track events that you are used to, but you work your way up through HPDE 1-4, then earn your TT competition license, then PRO license. This will be the first time I will run with NASA so I am having to do one day in HPDE 4 before they clear me for TT competition. Since I had my SCCA comp. license I did not have to start at the NOOBIE level. Although HPDE 4 runs with TT division on the track anyway.

Many people are leaving the SCCA for NASA because they have a broader range of vehicles and the fact that you do not have to spend 5-10k on getting your comp. license.
I have already checked out the crossfire roadster roll bars and they are accepted all the way through TT class. Check out the website when you get a chance.

This will be a much different experience than your track day at Buttonwillow because there is full race class racing and a 3 hour enduro event.

If you decide to come out and wave the flag and check it out, my Saturday events run at 8:40-9:00 am / 10:20-10:40 am / 1:25-1:45 pm / 3:25-3:45 pm.

Old 05-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Forum Regular

Do they allow spectators to do a "ride along" with the instructors or drivers? I'd love to get to see how the track is compared to the two that i've driven on.

I guess i'll bring my helmet just in case.

So anyone else interested in driving up to the track and caravan with me? I can only go on Saturday. Hey Derek, maybe if you offer a "thrill ride" in your car, more people will come ???

This actually would be a good weekend to for you to visit because they have a performance driving clinic with Driving Concepts going on as well. I'm sure you'll be able to do a jump-in... Bring your helmet.

No thrill rides in the HDDP #431 Crossfire, because there's only one seat...

Last edited by HDDP; 05-04-2006 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:29 PM

Bringing This Back To The Top...

Old 05-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

since HDDP is busy... anyone out there close by... GO SUPPORT!!!!

today, tomorrow...