Racing The place to talk about autocrossing, road and drag racing.

Went to the drag strip last night

Old 04-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Went to the drag strip last night

Originally Posted by Montana Crossfire
If your speeking to me go #$@& yourself This was meant as an appology and you can't seem to let sleeping dogs ... Being the master mind you are I am sure you know the rest.
I am not 17 I am 51 and I wish you had the guts to get in my face like this in person you little punk leave me alone. you got that?

Sorry, me and 99.999999% of the world never find ourselves in Montana, but if I was there I would have no problem telling you that you: A. Cannot spell. B. Have poor grammar. I am no "Mastermind" ( I went ahead and corrected that for you as well), but I can always spot an idiot. I have been doing it here for years.

I never insulted you, just pointed out the obvious, you can't spell (fact), and you have poor grammar (fact), and I was suprised to see those two traits attached to a person who studied physics for 30 years.

I get the feeling that you physics training consists of trying to spit tobacco into a cannister ten feet away based on trajectory, or seeing if you can tilt your head back and throw grapes into it (studying the concept of gravity).

For your next experiment, I suggest running headfirst into your house (which is undoubtebly made of logs). Inertia, right?

Idiot.

Oh, look, I found a picture from one of your experiments gone wrong!! Yay, now everyone can see!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
idiot.jpg (17.2 KB, 23 views)
Old 04-18-2008, 07:58 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Montana Crossfire
If your speeking to me go #$@& yourself This was meant as an appology and you can't seem to let sleeping dogs ... Being the master mind you are I am sure you know the rest.
I am not 17 I am 51 and I wish you had the guts to get in my face like this in person you little punk leave me alone. you got that?
Personal threats should merit an automatic Ban from this forum. Your 51? You act like your 17.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Chi-Town SRT/6
Personal threats should merit an automatic Ban from this forum. Your 51? You act like your 17.

You trapped at 113? Wow, I think you are the fastest srt-6 out there.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by x'ed
You trapped at 113? Wow, I think you are the fastest srt-6 out there.
Even tho chi-town is the original, there are faster now. I think MDSRT6 has trapped at 117 I believe, and Needswings at 114.

Old 04-18-2008, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by BlUEMDsrt6
Even tho chi-town is the original, there are faster now. I think MDSRT6 has trapped at 117 I believe, and Needswings at 114.

Damn, impressive guys, guess I need to step up the game in the ms3, I am trapping about 107 right now. Stock boost levels though, if I upped the boost, I would be at 113. Need to get a fuel pump for that though.

Congrats though guys, impressive stuff.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlUEMDsrt6
Yep...117 is a DAYUM nice trap speed.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, impressive guys, guess I need to step up the game in the ms3, I am trapping about 107 right now. Stock boost levels though, if I upped the boost, I would be at 113. Need to get a fuel pump for that though.

Congrats though guys, impressive stuff.
Thats pretty fast for a MS3, what do you have done to it?

Old 04-21-2008, 11:01 AM

The Mazdaspeed 3 takes very well to bolt on's. The guy who trapped 113 had a boost controller set to 19psi (stock is 15), intake, testpipe, and a fuel pump.

I just have a test pipe, cold air intake, map clamp, and an boost controller set at 17psi. They trap 100mph stock. I currently have 260whp with 305 wheel torque. The car has alot of fuel problems though, I want to sell and get a gto, car has way way way too many problems for a factory car, I blew my motor when I was stock, then my clutch went out before I had ever launched the car hard. Now we have found out that because the engine is DI, there is all this crud sitting sitting in the head. There was also a service bulletin recently because the pcm is not sending enough voltage to the fuel pump, hence the reason so many motors are blowing, random lean spots.

I was going to get a gto when I turned the crossfire in, but got the ms3 for the utility of the hatch (I have two large dogs), but it was a mistake.

Old 04-21-2008, 11:40 AM

I blew my motor when I was stock, then my clutch went out before I had ever launched the car hard. Now we have found out that because the engine is DI, there is all this crud sitting sitting in the head.
Blew the engine?? How long have you had this car x? I didn't even know you sold your xf...

Old 04-21-2008, 04:58 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Mazdaspeed 3 takes very well to bolt on's. The guy who trapped 113 had a boost controller set to 19psi (stock is 15), intake, testpipe, and a fuel pump.

I just have a test pipe, cold air intake, map clamp, and an boost controller set at 17psi. They trap 100mph stock. I currently have 260whp with 305 wheel torque. The car has alot of fuel problems though, I want to sell and get a gto, car has way way way too many problems for a factory car, I blew my motor when I was stock, then my clutch went out before I had ever launched the car hard. Now we have found out that because the engine is DI, there is all this crud sitting sitting in the head. There was also a service bulletin recently because the pcm is not sending enough voltage to the fuel pump, hence the reason so many motors are blowing, random lean spots.

I was going to get a gto when I turned the crossfire in, but got the ms3 for the utility of the hatch (I have two large dogs), but it was a mistake.

Those Mazduhs are full of problems...........two local MS3 guys had their cars burn to the ground due to engine fires.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Moparrbust
Those Mazduhs are full of problems...........two local MS3 guys had their cars burn to the ground due to engine fires.

Yeah the drivetrain is a huge peice of ****. But the car is fast as all he!!.

Sonoros, the crossfire was leased, I turned it in last July. It was a great car and really taught me how to drive fast. It was also the best handeling car I have driver, and that includes my dads Jaguar XKR, model year 2007, as well as my friends sti, I think the xfire is the most underatted handeling car ever sold. I was quicker than everyone through the corners at California Speedway last year, including a porsche 911, model year 1995, and an evolution IX (as well as Hernans srt6, lol, just kidding buddy).

The mazda handles very well too, but fwd sucks. The car runs very lean and that's why the engine blew. There has since been a service bulletin to correct this, I am taking my car in on Thursday to have it done, then it's back to modding more. With a couple more mods (turbo manifold, upgraded tmic, downpipe) I will be making at least 300whp and trapping 113mph. I still want to sell it for a GTO though, lol, I have had a love affair with them since they came out, huge sleepers and they run 13 flat stock. Plus they love to get sideways and have one of the nicest interiors you have ever seen in an american car, I mean really plush and classy.

Oh, and I doubt those cars just burned to the ground. What has happened is that motors were literally dropping out of the car due to weak motor mounts, but if two cars burned to the ground I would have heard about it, I am always on the mazda forums, just stop by here every now and then to see how all you knuckleheads are doing.

Old 04-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh, and I doubt those cars just burned to the ground. What has happened is that motors were literally dropping out of the car due to weak motor mounts, but if two cars burned to the ground I would have heard about it, I am always on the mazda forums, just stop by here every now and then to see how all you knuckleheads are doing.

PM Juan over at lvsrt.com...................he runs that site and his car was one that burned to the ground. It was probably around a year ago and that made him switch to the SRT(4) family.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Moparrbust
PM Juan over at lvsrt.com...................he runs that site and his car was one that burned to the ground. It was probably around a year ago and that made him switch to the SRT(4) family.
That's really crazy, does he know what caused it?

Old 04-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grow up folks

We are all enthusiasts and are interested in our cars. Drags tires/ Road racre tires give extra grip fact.

Performance modifications are exactly that, look at how many have CAI ECU tune or replacements cams extractors exhausts shocks, all of which makes for more fun in our cars.

Exchange of POSITIVE information helps us all, have a look at Lantana, HPPD and lots of others trying new things that we can all benefit from.

B*tch slapping gives people hiding behind a computer some form of pleasure but I believe that this is not the place; go somewhere else if you have nothing positive to add.

Just get out and enjoy yourselves, hell I do

My two bits

Old 04-23-2008, 05:27 PM
Default Re: Grow up folks

Originally Posted by Hugo
We are all enthusiasts and are interested in our cars. Drags tires/ Road racre tires give extra grip fact.

Performance modifications are exactly that, look at how many have CAI ECU tune or replacements cams extractors exhausts shocks, all of which makes for more fun in our cars.

Exchange of POSITIVE information helps us all, have a look at Lantana, HPPD and lots of others trying new things that we can all benefit from.

B*tch slapping gives people hiding behind a computer some form of pleasure but I believe that this is not the place; go somewhere else if you have nothing positive to add.

Just get out and enjoy yourselves, hell I do

My two bits
not to be the devil's advocate, but your post is inherntly negative as well.

lol, just kidding, just giving you a hard time. I have personally given as much to this community as possible for me, I submitted my car for ecu testing at speedinnovations, got everyone a connection to tint tail lights and headlights for ten dollars, submitted my car for prototype headers at hotshot (they backed out) and took my car out to the track.

Aside from that, I have literally pushed out three bad, crooked vendors (the most recognizable being aidendesigns, who ripped off some member here, I spent two days researching the company and ultimately the guy who started it, found a lot of dirt on them, called them, confronted them, posted what I found, and they disappeared forever, never to rip off one of our members again).

Montana, on the other hand, is just insane, and I felt like pointing that out. I am not saying your post was directed at me, but it seems like it was, and you know what I have done around here, I have been here forever. Anyways, glad to see you got your car out to the track.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Went to the drag strip last night X ed

Not having a shot at anyone, too old to do that.... LOL Just making a statement that people should chill a bit and not take this personally I know what you did with Aiden design and the rest and am sure our community appreciates all your help.

Just keep driving and smiling