Racing The place to talk about autocrossing, road and drag racing.

MIR Shootout: December 5, 2009

Old 11-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MIR Shootout: December 5, 2009

Ahmad (blackbenzz) over on MBWorld.org has been so kind as to organize a private track day at Maryland International Raceway (www.mirdrag.com). I am posting this up here to see if anyone would like to join. I will be heading down there for sure.

***MBWorld.org - OFFICIAL MIR Shootout Thread 12/5/09***

INFORMATION
When: December 5, 2009 09h00-17h00 (December 6 - Rain Date)
Where: Maryland International Raceway (MIR)
How Much: $100/car and $10/spectator
Why: Why not? Records are meant to be broken and this is the time to do it.

This is the time to go out and get the numbers you've been searching for all year. MIR has done gone above and beyond their requirements for track prep, and was absolutely fantastic the last time we were out there in October. It would be great to have a good representation of Crossfire's out there.

For those who are in the general area and don't really wish to race, there will be a $10 charge to watch. It is confirmed that there will be several MBs out there aiming to break records, including a SL65 that should break the record for the R230 platform, off the bottle.

I have confirmed with Ahmad that we will be the only group on the track that day, so the number of runs you will get is limited to only the amount of gas in your tank, and the amount of energy you have in your right foot.

All in all, it will be a great day of racing with some great people. Previous rentals have been a lot of fun and a friendly environment. Leave the drama at home .

There will be no pre-payment for this event, just pay at the gate the day of the event. I would however like to know if any and how many SRTs would like to go just to give Ahmad a heads up. Ahmad said all makes/models are welcome, the more the merrier.

Here is a list (again, not for prepayment, just as a general idea):
1. ZAHANMA (racing)

Last edited by ZAHANMA; 11-18-2009 at 11:10 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: MIR Shootout: December 5, 2009

you guys will have some great temps, i hope it does not get too cold and make the track slick. i bet there will be some super nice cars there.

we will have blizzard conditions up here most likely, so there is no way i could make it unless i wanted to race on snow tires lol

Old 11-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: MIR Shootout: December 5, 2009

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
you guys will have some great temps, i hope it does not get too cold and make the track slick. i bet there will be some super nice cars there.

we will have blizzard conditions up here most likely, so there is no way i could make it unless i wanted to race on snow tires lol
Just throw the DRs in the trunk...and the front seat hahahahaha. The track prep was outstanding last time, cars were dead-hooking like crazy... including the SL65 that deadhooked to a broken axle/diff...but he has a bit more power than us