Racing The place to talk about autocrossing, road and drag racing.

Touge, NSF my reputation

Old 10-24-2012, 01:00 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Touge, NSF my reputation

I wasn't going to post this embarrassment for forum consumption but decided that a bunch of you guys would get a kick out of it. This event was Solo/drift/karts/touge at a karting track. This was the day before the event and was dedicated to "practice". I was a bit put off because the transponders weren't working properly and wanting more track time so when touge started (what's touge?) I got in line. This was my first time ...... and his too. One warm up lap, 3 laps then switch positions and 3 more laps. I was a complete and total mess. But it's entertaining to watch. The corvette races in T1 locally and he's experienced and has raced in the USA. I was much more in control the next day and finished 2nd my class. (anything with street tires)

https://vimeo.com/52072848

Les

Old 10-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Touge, NSF my reputation

Sounds like you had good fun w/ it Les. Without the orange pointer cones that I'm used to in AutoX, I probably would have gotten too excited somewhere in between and forget which way to turn. Now THAT would be embarrassing.

Old 10-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Always enjoy your vids. They had you staged pretty far apart for touge I think but most likely a safety thing, it's basically drift style rules without style considerations. Chase heat and a lead heat, winner is typically declared by gap between the cars at the finish line. I assume they did average lap time here but not sure. Basically if you close the gap on the chase you win the heat, if you pull away in the lead you win. If its to close to call or each driver wins one you go tie breaker rounds until somebody is the clear winner. A pass would be an instant win. Looks like a fun time for sure, and grats on the second place!

Old 10-24-2012, 05:24 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: Touge, NSF my reputation

Really looked good out there. The camera seemed to be sped up or something as I could not understand what the track workers were saying- though I tried. Maybe you use 50 cycle power there?? dunno.

All in all it was what looks like a great run and lots of excitement, thanks for the video. Woody

Old 10-24-2012, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by waldig
Really looked good out there. The camera seemed to be sped up or something as I could not understand what the track workers were saying- though I tried. Maybe you use 50 cycle power there?? dunno.

All in all it was what looks like a great run and lots of excitement, thanks for the video. Woody
Woody, they were speaking Puerto Rican! EEeeee. The camera is at normal speed, lousy mic., GoPro. I'm glad Airscape explained what I was supposed to be trying to accomplish. I understood maintain the distance so I wasn't really trying to close the gap. Next time.

Les

Old 10-24-2012, 06:43 PM

I'm happy everyone likes the video. Indeed entertaining to say the least. Hustler is shaking his head and headed for the bar because in reality I messed up royally. (Crown Royal Hustler?) I missed my marks: consistently, over drove: consistently, waited too long to brake: consistently, well I was a consistent mess. A boring video usually is a well driven one, well, unless passing is involved. I went home afterwards, watched the video, cussed myself for being a dufuss and was much faster the next day.

Les

Old 10-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks like fun, cool format. Have you tried recording data on you dashdaq and overlaying gauges on your video yet. You can use race render and its pretty simple as long as you record in simple cvs format. Anyways great video, it's not as bad as you thought it was, except for driving in the grass part lol, and I think I saw one corner where you actually hit an apex correctly hehehe, just kidding Les the video was great, and the course looked super tight and challenging. Maybe we need to start a thread dedicated to oppsies and embarrassing video, that could be fun!

Old 10-24-2012, 07:26 PM

Thanks kind sir. I think I did hit one apex! Crown Royal for everyone! I don't have a data acquisition system. It takes me forever to learn new technologies. However, Harry's lap timer is a good bet in the near future. The downshifting and upshifting really hurt me in touge. Who's tcm tune do you have? Dynocomp? Inmotion? Speedriven? Eurocharged? I have videos that won't be seen until the last will and testament is read.

Les

Old 10-24-2012, 07:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by velociabstract
Thanks kind sir. I think I did hit one apex! Crown Royal for everyone! I don't have a data acquisition system. It takes me forever to learn new technologies. However, Harry's lap timer is a good bet in the near future. The downshifting and upshifting really hurt me in touge. Who's tcm tune do you have? Dynocomp? Inmotion? Speedriven? Eurocharged? I have videos that won't be seen until the last will and testament is read.

Les
It's eurocharged tcu tune, the bad thing is that when we first got it we were banging off the rev limiter a lot, we fixed that by raising the rev limiter. As far as data acquisition, I just use my dashdaq. I record rpm, speed, throttle position, IAT, ECT, and AFR to simple csv file. Then all you do is upload that to race render and upload your video, sync them together to and presto, your done. It looks like this when your done, the race render banner is removed if you pay $35 for the program.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice vid, although I almost pooped at 3:18