South Forum Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX.

Proposed Sites for CTC gtg 13 July

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Proposed Sites for CTC gtg 13 July

Originally Posted by jcportales2
Bill...

I did not mean to step on anyones toes.....just making a comment on how I felt that day to Goliad...It was fun...but it ended so quickly without really sitting down with each other as a group to talk...
I think we need to decide on our next meet...I`m game with whatever the group comes up with..

Thanks
Joe
Joe, Bill, Paul, and all y'alls, I didn't mean to stir up a hornets nest with my previous post, but it did generate a few replys. The museum is not a LOCK, but as Bill said it was the only offering made.
I mentioned it 'cause I'm a car nut and as I posted, I will go myself sometime to see the TUCKER up close.
I have steel toed boots, so I don't have a problem with another choice. The drive is 160 miles each way for me and 3 hrs each way, so make suggestions. I'm cool.
For what it's worth,The NAVY BLUE ANGELS are scheduled to be at LACKLAND AFB, 1-2 November.
John P.

FTroopChief

Old 06-24-2008, 05:43 AM

The Bastrop area is fine with me I haven't been there for several years and wouldn't mind seeing it again. As for the museum not so much. I would rather spend some of that time at a restaurant. To me in the past the time we all spend siting around the table and socializing has been the best part of the trip. I can't do anything on the 4th will be with family.
Roger

Old 06-24-2008, 06:26 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Cool Re: Proposed Sites for CTC gtg 13 July

No toes were stepped on, all ideas are appreciated. We haven't finalized the July GTG yet. At the GTG we can discuss the next GTG for August and if we want to discuss Sept., Oct. and Nov. that is fine also but you've got to be there to discuss it. The members who show up can vote on those ideas. As a club, I don't feel the members should lose site of what the club is about, which I've said in several posts if not, then why have a club? A club is not just decals and t-shirts with a club logo, those only say who we are not what we are. I feel strongly about the success of this club, I only wish that not just a few, but all of it's members would. I look for reasons to go on GTG's, those being: to socialize, show my car, have fun and make friends. It is not that hard. It is only once a month (I wish it was more). I'll make the time to do it, as plans are made in advance, where I go it doesn't matter. I can only hope that when we have a GTG, we have a good turn out. So far there have been 8 responses out of 15 members. I can hardly wait to see who is going when the list is started. Oh! wait, I can't go, I have to cut the grass that day.

Last edited by Bill F; 06-25-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:17 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Come on guys it's all good. I am good with anything yall want to do, we can just do a meet and eat, a run or both. I am involved with this to make friends and although this is a "Crossfire Club" and I love my car the car is a distant second to friends. I really like having a group of friends to meet up with each month, I always have a GREAT time and I also think it is cool to see a long line of XF's going down the road or parked in a line BUT have you noticed my use of I ? To have friends getting together changes things from I to to we, that changes everything to more than one opinion and that by the way makes life more interesting and enjoyable. Please, everyone jump in with your opinions and ideas and let's find a place to meet and be friends. We can't all make each GTG, life doesn't always work that way but you can still be part of the groups brain storming, speak up.

I believe we have only one real thing of value in life and that my friends is TIME and we should make the best of what we have. Having friends that will share their time with me is a great treat so if I have seemed to eager to chime in you now know why. It's all GOOD.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:11 AM

Not to stick my nose in where it doesn't belong or isn't wanted, but I have to say I agree with what Paul said, it's not so much about the car or the places you meet up, it is the people you meet with same interests and passions. I have met different owners from various parts of this great country and to say there is a common bond is a gross understatement, just getting together is the real fun.
Peggy and I had the pleasure of having lunch with Paul and his lovely wife Reeca a couple of weeks ago and had a wonderful time. would have met Bill too if I had the common sense to give him my cell # or get his, I am sorry for that.
Although it is a 1450 mile drive for us, I truly have every intention on making one of your G-T-Gs in the future, my son lives in Austin and we will be back for a visit and do hope to meet up with more of your members and see more of the amazing sights around Austin
Rick

Old 06-24-2008, 10:39 AM

Exactly what I've been trying to say, just wanted to be thought provoking to get things rolling. Need to mobilize the troops.

Last edited by Bill F; 06-24-2008 at 10:42 AM.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:10 AM

Joe,

I believe Biff's will do the normal Friday cruise. There are a number of good fireworks shows in San Antonio, one of the most popular is at Randolph AFB. It is not far from Biff's and is viewable from many locations since Randolph is on top of a plateau. I plan to go to Biff's on that Friday. I hope to see you there.

I agree with you about the Goliad trip. I had a great time but would also have liked more time to socialize outside, showing off our cars.

Bill,

It would be great to set up a mini car show during one of our cruises, sort of a show and shine. Is it possible to do this in the parking lot of the museum? Can the museum reserve parking for us to do this? What do you think? I was planning on bringing only 1 car but if we can do this I will try to bring both.

Old 06-25-2008, 01:03 PM

10-4.......I will see you there at Biffs....I will be there around 6pm ...

Have you received a phone call from Mission for the rear spoiler things...

I have not as of yet....If you have let me know.. 512-576-1065 (cell)

Thanks
Joe

Old 06-25-2008, 01:45 PM

I'll be at Biff's also. Ron I know what the show is, what about the shine (shouldn't that be done before the GTG)?

Last edited by Bill F; 06-25-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Smile Re: Proposed Sites for CTC gtg 13 July

Originally Posted by Bill F
I'll be at Biff's also. Ron I know what the show is, what about the shine (shouldn't that be done before the GTG)?
As in Rise and ?
Bill whan I talked to he museum people I was told parking would be no problem. When I get some numbers on the cars I will call him back, and see what he says. Shouldn't be a problem. Looks like there are more than 10 people now so that lowers admisson to $4 pp. As long as we don't interfere wih admissions at museum, I would think he would be happy to see us all lined up for show and tell.

John P
FTroopChief

Last edited by FTroopChief; 06-25-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:06 PM

Hello Crossfire Guys....

I`m in for the July 13th meet....Set the time..and Connie and I will be there..

Thanks
Joe

Old 06-26-2008, 01:21 PM

Hi Bill

Kathy and I will be there. I vote to eat first. Also.........I have been emailing with the Sports Car Club of America and they would like to provide a guest speaker at our next meeting. If that would be OK with the other members.
Regarding the 4th of July. Kathy and I have been going to San Marcos and parkng in front of the WalMart. The fireworks are launched from the Texas State stadium. There are several restaurants withing a block or two and the bathrooms in WalMart are just two minutes away.

Thanks
James

Old 06-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Smile Re: Proposed Sites for CTC gtg 13 July

Kinda scratchy copy of brochure....
Rodanky, TX

Paul I guess we have enough to proceed with eating. You said you'd do the leg work on a spot and meet up.Bottom right of brochure appears to be a Chevy Meet-up. I will call Museum tomorrow for semi confirm for 10 cars. What about "weather-out"?
Bill, your input please.
Any other comments?? Anybody ever do a
"Circle the Wagons"
John P
FTroopChief

Last edited by FTroopChief; 06-26-2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: signature
Old 06-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FTroopChief
Kinda scratchy copy of brochure....
Rodanky, TX

Paul I guess we have enough to proceed with eating. You said you'd do the leg work on a spot and meet up.
John P
FTroopChief
Two questions,
1- Eat first? After?
2- Set it up for ?? 20 ??

Old 06-26-2008, 02:40 PM

I'm for the trip and don't have much more to offer. I've said about all there is to say hopefully without ruffeling any feathers. As some have mentioned, we need to allow more time for socializing before the museum or after. With the museum opening at 1:30, I guess we should get an early start to meet up in Kyle as Paul proposed. You guys decide.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by PAULW
Two questions,
1- Eat first? After?
2- Set it up for ?? 20 ??
Paul, I PM'd you. Looks like cars in the teens, and maybe people high 20s low 30s. Only race day will know 4 sure. First question...long sociable lunch. Museum secondary I think.

John P

FTroopChief

Old 06-27-2008, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by FTroopChief
Paul, I PM'd you. Looks like cars in the teens, and maybe people high 20s low 30s. Only race day will know 4 sure. First question...long sociable lunch. Museum secondary I think.

John P

FTroopChief
OK, I just got off the phone with the museum and here's the skinny:
1. Paved Parking.
2. Plenty of parkng and Circle Perk is fine.
3. We can bring folding chairs if we want and do a mini picnic in the center of the circle if we like. (just pick up after our selves)
4. Admission is $4 per person, add $1 to use conference roon, (I don't know of any reason to, but an option)
5. At this time it looks like 8 cars and 16 people, with no response from Jimmy R, Taylor A, or Randy.

Meet 'n eat appears to be the first order of the day--Paul, you da Chefand wagon master.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:51 AM

Any thoughts on havng a guest speaker from the Sports Car Club of America. This just might be an excellent forum to let other Crossfire owners know about the CTC.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:53 AM

How do get back to this page?

Old 06-27-2008, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Fire Two
How do get back to this page?
James, scroll down in forums to regional meets and click on SOUTH FORUM. Look at posts for what you want to open, go to page two for the last posts. John P

FTroopChief

Quick Reply: Proposed Sites for CTC gtg 13 July