South Forum Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX.

Texas Motor Speedway - Running of the Xfires VI - Saturday, September 10, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 08:10 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Texas Motor Speedway - Running of the Xfires VI - Saturday, September 10, 2011

Originally Posted by TerryR
Jon,
Nice to see the attendance numbers rising, definitely enough for a GOOD couple of Pool Parties. Just a note: Margaret will NOT be taking our Alabaster Roadster to the track, the bankings at the ends of the track put the S**** up her. REALLY looking forward to meeting up with GOOD freinds again.
Still a few regular names missing???? BUT there is still time.
Got it, Terry...you'll have to start cultivating that 'Need for Speed' in her . Remind her that the faster you go, the less steep the banks feel!

Old 08-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Texas Motor Speedway - Running of the Xfires VI - Saturday, September 10, 2011

nondj (Phil) FW Tx Limited Coupe

Old 08-22-2011, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by OKC-XFR
Got it, Terry...you'll have to start cultivating that 'Need for Speed' in her . Remind her that the faster you go, the less steep the banks feel!
Jon,
I have tried, but you know what its like when you feel you are fighting a losing battle, well as far as this subject is concerned with Margaret, I never even GOT TO the battle. The first time we went to the Speedway, she looked at the bankings and said NO WAY, and not even been around the track with me yet. Some people just do not know what they are missing.
We should start a ruling, that if you do not do the LAPS, you cannot attend the Pool Parties, that MAY work. LOL

Old 08-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nondj
nondj (Phil) FW Tx Limited Coupe
Welcome, Phil - looking forward to meeting you there!

Old 08-22-2011, 04:04 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TerryR
Jon,
I have tried, but you know what its like when you feel you are fighting a losing battle, well as far as this subject is concerned with Margaret, I never even GOT TO the battle. The first time we went to the Speedway, she looked at the bankings and said NO WAY, and not even been around the track with me yet. Some people just do not know what they are missing.
We should start a ruling, that if you do not do the LAPS, you cannot attend the Pool Parties, that MAY work. LOL
I know the feeling, Terry - the only time that Sue has been around the track is in the pace car...she still won't ride with me! Even though I've done over 35 laps since we started doing the TMS (that's over 50 miles around the track)...go figure

Old 08-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sign us up Bill & Sampie Schertz, TX.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:42 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bill F
Great - see you then, Bill!

Old 08-24-2011, 07:11 AM

Droopyalex8901 I will be attending this again.. Last year was a bladt

Old 08-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DROOPYALEX8901
Droopyalex8901 I will be attending this again.. Last year was a bladt
Got you on the list - see you in a couple of weeks!

Old 08-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Forum Regular

BUMP!!!

Just a reminder that we are less than 2 weeks away! Come and join the fun!

Old 08-31-2011, 08:11 AM

CICCI will be sending Jon a $100.00 check for some refreshments for all attending. Have fun and be safe..

Old 08-31-2011, 11:12 AM

empy your inbox its full lol.

I was going to sell the car, I am going to start nursing school soon and will be applying after my degree to medical school Bill, not looking for any payments during this time in my life. May just keep it. I'm going to shoot for heading up there to TMS...chat soon
Originally Posted by Bill F

Old 08-31-2011, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by ant_srt4
empy your inbox its full lol.

I was going to sell the car, I am going to start nursing school soon and will be applying after my degree to medical school Bill, not looking for any payments during this time in my life. May just keep it. I'm going to shoot for heading up there to TMS...chat soon
Ant, Glad you are going to join us at the TMS, looking forward to meeting up again.
Terry, Margaret, Buddy & Bridgit

Old 08-31-2011, 10:57 PM

hello,

just register'd here, very late tonite (and she works...lol)
is there a "convoy" out of houston to TMS?
need to talk to my wife if she's interested, as its her car
sounds like a fun time

thanks,

dr

Old 09-01-2011, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by dr dodge
hello,

just register'd here, very late tonite (and she works...lol)
is there a "convoy" out of houston to TMS?
need to talk to my wife if she's interested, as its her car
sounds like a fun time

thanks,

dr
No we do not have a convoy out of Houston, as we all have differing commitments for leaving times. Myself and my wife are leaving in our 2 Crossfires on Friday morning, and get there about lunchtime. We stop 2 or 3 times on the way as we have 2 Dachshunds that we take with us, and they need to stop for potties now and again, and get a bit of excersize. We leave about 8.00am if that would be suitable for you, we have no problems if you want to tag along. VERY nice to have a new member joining us. Don't forget to reserve your room at the Motel 6 and don't forget to mention the Crossfire Club for your discounted rate. We guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy your weekend, Lunch, Track, Pool Parties and all. It is a certainty you will then come to all the following TMS's that we have. GOOD to have you join us.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:16 AM

As far as I know there is no caravan to TMS, but I'm leaving on Friday probably around lunch time. Probably eat a sandwich before i leave. Make several stops just to move around some, try to arrive about 4-5pm, then go to supper somewhere close to TMS. Attend pool party,etc Friday night. I don't think my wife is going, I may try and bring a friend that love XFs.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:42 AM

Go ahead and sign me up as well..

Will have the wife and kiddos tagging along for some of this in a different car.

Xalidin - 2006 Red Crossfire Limited - from the Schertz area.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:52 AM

well, count dr dodge and mrs dr dodge in (john and kathy)
sounds like a great time
(and its mrs that is doing the driving)
a couple questions
how fast do they let you run?
any special requirements?

see ya'll there

oh, by the way, hers is a white 06 coupe

dr

Old 09-01-2011, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by dr dodge
well, count dr dodge and mrs dr dodge in (john and kathy)
sounds like a great time
(and its mrs that is doing the driving)
a couple questions
how fast do they let you run?
any special requirements?

see ya'll there

oh, by the way, hers is a white 06 coupe

dr
With the restrictions put on by the Speedway, due to some idiot in a Viper some 12 Months ago hitting the wall, a speed of only about 100mph is achievable, maybe a little more. I personally drive faster than that at times on my way up the I-45. The pleasure is just being on the track. NO special requirements for the track, apart from your $30 donation paid at the track, and an additional $10 if you want your picture taken in the Winners Circle as a momento, most of us do that its only $10 after all.
Really looking forward to meeting Ya'll.
Terry, Margaret, (+ Buddy & Bridget, the Dachshunds) your kids will love them to bits.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Forum Regular

Got you on the list Xalidin and dr dodge...welcome!! See you in just over a week!

Quick Reply: Texas Motor Speedway - Running of the Xfires VI - Saturday, September 10, 2011