South Forum Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX.

Best value tires Roadster

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 01:23 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Best value tires Roadster

Originally Posted by maxcichon
I will on Monday when she visits...

No, really. What do you mean? They are intended to be a rough guide as to performance and treadwear. So far as I've been told/read.
I agree with your prognosis ..thus the switch from the 300 rating to 480. And I can't say I've noticed any lack of traction with them.

And it is nice of her to volunteer home health care.. I'll make sure the depends are in her truck for you..

Old 11-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
What was I thinking? I'm on my SECOND set of Hankooks...
I was just sayin'....

Old 11-24-2012, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
I agree with your prognosis ..thus the switch from the 300 rating to 480. And I can't say I've noticed any lack of traction with them.

And it is nice of her to volunteer home health care.. I'll make sure the depends are in her truck for you..
Danged punk-assed kids...grumble....grumble....grumble....

Old 11-24-2012, 05:53 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Danged punk-assed kids...grumble....grumble....grumble....
Hey @ 52 myself.. I just hope she's learned how to fit them properly.. LOL

Old 11-25-2012, 01:00 AM

OK, you got me! She does make a mean pot of coffee, though.

Of course, you know that...

Old 11-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the info guys. I may step to new territory. My car came with Kumho ECSTA SPT tires and I am only making a change since one rear has a bubble from a patch in the sidewall.

I put over 10000 on them out of alignment. Soooo! it will be new all around. Since my primary goals are quiet and comfort with performance last. I have decided to go with the Kumho ECSTA 4x Ku22.

These are all weather with 40,000 warranty.

At 75 I just want to look good for the ladies and a comfortable quiet ride.

Hope to see y'all soon

Bob

Old 12-07-2012, 11:24 PM

Changed my mind on tires and went with the Hankook v12

Old 12-08-2012, 11:39 AM

I'm going with Nitto Motivo.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:05 PM

I recently replaced the Falken FK452 275/30-20's in the rear with new ones (same).

Now, my fronts have to be replaced due to excessive negative camber. I will be replacing them with General G-Max AS03's.

One reason is, the Falkens are being replaced with a new model and I won't be able to find rears in the future.

60K mileage warranty (30K in reality. 1/2 mileage if you can't front/rear rotate them due to staggered fitment). with no mention of lowered cars. (a typical warranty avoidance).

Most people like them and a very few rated them poorly. I'll try them. Discounttiredirect.com is cheapest when you figure out free shipping.

Oh, and they are "All Season" tires, too.
Don't you think it's a bit tacky for one to quote ones self?

As you can see from the earlier post, I've changed my mind. And there IS a reason for it:

Continental AG (and their wholly-owned subsidiary, General Tire) can not even give me an estimate as to when they will be making, much less shipping 235/35-19 tires of any "all weather" configuration.
After I found out that the General's were not going to happen, I started looking-again.
My criteria:

Mileage Warranty.
Good reviews.
All season (goes with the A/S designation. No Summer tires with warranty?)
Tire-only price of $200 or less, delivered.

The next choice was Conti DSW's. That's when I found out about the company-wide production issue. No go.

Toyo Proxes 4+ OK. 45K
Nitto Motivo. 60K. Made by Toyo in Georgia. And available in both my sizes. New tire (August 2011 release.)

I found them cheapest with shipping at Tires-Easy.com. Called Discount Tire Direct and took advantage of their price match guaranty. AND "Sam" beat their price by $10/tire to make me a customer.
So, $385 delivered with the Road Hazard (they call it a "Replacement Certificate") for the pair.

We'll see.

OH! To those wearing Falken FK452 rubber:

it is being discontinued this winter. The FK453 is replacing it. You can find the 452's really cheap. Frankly, I liked them when they were new. Now, not so much. Better tires are available for the same price range. Good grip, but a little noisy and they really don't last.

And that "thrum...thrum...thrum..." never went away. i'm told it is the variable shoulder tread blocks. Who knew?

Last edited by maxcichon; 12-08-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:45 AM

HankooK Ventus's. Just put them on my NA Roadster. Got about 500 miles on them and I have no problem what so ever with them even in heavy rain (thanks for the test this past Monday with 65 mph straight line winds, rain and hail) . Second sets I've used. With the 19's and 18's (front and back) all four were right at $600. The first set I put on the back wear faster but the difference didn't warent replacement of just the back, they held up until the fronts were close enough to replace all four. The only other tire band that I've used were the Continental's...but price was out of my range at the time. I'm happy with HankooK Ventus's.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:49 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by gfalcone
hankook ventus's. Just put them on my na roadster. Got about 500 miles on them and i have no problem what so ever with them even in heavy rain (thanks for the test this past monday with 65 mph straight line winds, rain and hail) . Second sets i've used. With the 19's and 18's (front and back) all four were right at $600. The first set i put on the back wear faster but the difference didn't warent replacement of just the back, they held up until the fronts were close enough to replace all four. The only other tire band that i've used were the continental's...but price was out of my range at the time. I'm happy with hankook ventus's.
+1 ^^^^^^^^

Old 03-23-2013, 03:20 AM

I have General A3s G-Max on mine but they will be close to $1,000 , if you can get the Hankooks for $600, Ib would get after it.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:04 PM

I have really been enjoying my Continental DWSes I bought about 6 months ago. Very quiet and an all season tire.. Also I just love the pattern that they have on them.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:59 AM

I recently replaced the Falken FK452 275/30-20's in the rear with new ones (same).

Now, my fronts have to be replaced due to excessive negative camber. I will be replacing them with General G-Max AS03's.

One reason is, the Falkens are being replaced with a new model and I won't be able to find rears in the future.

45K mileage warranty (22.5K in reality. 1/2 mileage if you can't front/rear rotate them due to staggered fitment). with no mention of lowered cars. (a typical warranty avoidance).

Most people like them and a very few rated them poorly. I'll try them. Discounttiredirect.com is cheapest when you figure out free shipping.

Oh, and they are "All Season" tires, too.
*UPDATE*

The Generals I was counting on were not available, including all of the Continental choices, in both of my sizes. None.

I ended up going with Nitto Motivo. In all, a vast improvement over the FK 452's I've run for the past 4 years. Good grip, 60K warranty, very quiet.

What more could I ask for?

Oh, and pretty cheap too.