Southeast Forum Serving AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN.

Looking for a good safe place to play:

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Looking for a good safe place to play:

Has anyone in the western NC area found any tracks or any other good place where I can safely test the limits of my SRT6? Something better than entrance ramps (no speed limit in NC, but they can cite you for reckless driving).

Old 10-30-2007, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Looking for a good safe place to play:

Jeff
I live out in a rural county west of Asheville, in fact, west of Franklin.
There are a number of country and mountain roads to check out the handling, but you sure can't let it out to run. You might end up taking to the woods, esp or not.
I don't know if Road Atlanta which is south of Gainesville GA has any times when folks can get on the track, but that might be something to check out on the net or maybe a phone call. Gainesville is probably about 2 1/2 to 3 hours from Asheville and the track is about 30 minutes south of there.
In fact, from Asheville it might be quicker to go down to 85 and across into GA.
The roads out here are being patrolled heavily recently. We have had a lot of serious accidents and the NCHP has decided that we need some special attention to be sure that we are good little boys and girls.
Still, it is a great place to workout an Xfire. Go down to Hendersonville and take US 64 west to Franklin throught Rosman, Cashiers, Highlands, and down into Franklin. Be sure to take time to stop at the waterfalls and the scenery, while still working out the machine.