Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

ANYONE KNOW??

Old 02-07-2018, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ANYONE KNOW??

I have a 9/04 crossfire conv. with and auto. that from time to time won't start there is no real rime or reason to when it will or will not start and when this happens it cranks over and sounds like it is trying but wont fire the car only has 31,000 miles on it and has been garaged all it's life car is very clean I have already done all the normal things replaced the crank sensor with a new Bosh unit replaced the cam sensor replaced the crank sensor pigtail replaced the rcm thought it may be a voltage issue but with a multimeter on it when cranking the voltage does not drop to where I think there would be an issue also checked fuel pressure and pressure is within the spec then I thought maybe a ground issue cleaned both the ground locations by the battery and also the ground location on the drivers side fender and jsut to be sure made a new extra wire to run directly from the battery to the bolt that holds the tranny to the block and still the problem remains anyone had this issue if so what ended up as the solution

Old 02-07-2018, 02:12 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by moparornocar
I have a 9/04 crossfire conv. with and auto. that from time to time won't start there is no real rime or reason to when it will or will not start and when this happens it cranks over and sounds like it is trying but wont fire the car only has 31,000 miles on it and has been garaged all it's life car is very clean I have already done all the normal things replaced the crank sensor with a new Bosh unit replaced the cam sensor replaced the crank sensor pigtail replaced the rcm thought it may be a voltage issue but with a multimeter on it when cranking the voltage does not drop to where I think there would be an issue also checked fuel pressure and pressure is within the spec then I thought maybe a ground issue cleaned both the ground locations by the battery and also the ground location on the drivers side fender and jsut to be sure made a new extra wire to run directly from the battery to the bolt that holds the tranny to the block and still the problem remains anyone had this issue if so what ended up as the solution
Wrong again, I quit answering questions as of now, getting to old and we have young smart members to carry the flag forward.
PMs will still be answered.

Last edited by onehundred80; 02-07-2018 at 02:24 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 02:15 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Did you check the fuel pressure when it was having a problem ? It is supposed to be about 40 psi at idle. Could have a clogging fuel filter or a failing fuel pump. When it is being recalcitrant I'd try pouring a 1/2 oz of gas directy in the intake (avoid the MAF sensor) and see if it fires briefly.

With only 32k on an '04 sounds like it has sat for a while. Bad gas in the fuel tank can block many things.

Old 02-07-2018, 02:16 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

He said he replaced the rcm

Old 02-07-2018, 02:21 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by James1549
He said he replaced the rcm
I skipped over that, speed reading has its pit falls.

Old 02-07-2018, 03:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first yes fuel pressure is good and fuel filter was replaced at last service second even though I had good voltage and no issue with the car not cranking over sad to say replacing the battery seems to have fixed the issue or happy to say depending on your point of view can't believe a battery caused me this much frustration but the crank sensor was an issue and so was the crank sensor pigtail because I could shut the car down by wiggling the wires at the crank sensor and that no longer happens hope this helps

Old 02-07-2018, 03:18 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

THANK YOU ! for reporting back.
Seems battery fixes about half the problems on these cars.

Old 02-07-2018, 05:21 PM
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

As sensitive as these cars are, you would think they would include a voltmeter...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
clarionred.jpg (32.0 KB, 7 views)