Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Chid seat & uk model -definitive answer

Old 08-25-2013, 02:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chid seat & uk model -definitive answer

Hi

I recently bought a uk crossfire, seeing the Iso fix points in the spec I mistakenly thought it would be simple to use a child seat. I was shocked to find out the UK model doesn't have the passenger airbag disable switch. I read that there are some Mercedes child seats that deactivate the crossfire passenger airbag but could not find an answer to if they work with the crossfire. Can anyone tell me the solution? I have an 18 month old toddler, can the uk model carry children safely?

Thanks

Marc

Old 08-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: Chid seat & uk model -definitive answer

Originally Posted by Canwood58
Hi

I recently bought a uk crossfire, seeing the Iso fix points in the spec I mistakenly thought it would be simple to use a child seat. I was shocked to find out the UK model doesn't have the passenger airbag disable switch. I read that there are some Mercedes child seats that deactivate the crossfire passenger airbag but could not find an answer to if they work with the crossfire. Can anyone tell me the solution? I have an 18 month old toddler, can the uk model carry children safely?

Thanks

Marc
I have a UK SRT6 Owners Manual and it says rearward facing seats must not be used ever as the passenger seat airbag cannot be switched off.
In North America the passenger air bag can be switched off and a rearward facing seat can be used when it is switched off.
In The UK it is recommended that only children over one year and 20lbs be transported in the car in a forward facing child seat of an approved type.
So the answer is yes you can carry your child in a suitable and properly installed forward facing seat.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
img006.jpg (1.62 MB, 10 views)

Last edited by onehundred80; 08-25-2013 at 11:07 AM.