Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Blowing fuse 7

Old 05-15-2017, 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Blowing fuse 7

Here's where I am at. The car has five electrical related issues and they all seem tied to the BCM.

The spoiler stays up all the time, wont go down with switch or speed. I manually retracted it using pliers and as soon as I drove it went back up.

The right turn signals don't work with the turn signal lever. They flash when you lock the car or use hazards, but not when using the lever. The green arrow on the dash doesn't even blink. But if I disconnect the right rear light assembly, the green arrow flashed and clicks in a random pattern with the lever activated.

The right window always rolls down, but intermittently wont go back up. Usually in the morning it doesn't work but by the afternoon it does.

The BAS/ESP light comes on as soon as I touch my brake pedal and stays on until I turn the car off.

Fuse 7, 5amp, in the underhood panel is blowing when I turn the ignition on so there is currently no fuse in there this the BCM is not receiving the power from that line for whatever system(s) it is meant for.

I have put in a different BCM to test the fuse and it blew and had no effect on any of the above issues. There is a code the dealer gave me that was 0720 - CAN BUS Circuit. But that's all I have on that.

Looking for educated thoughts/guesses. I have shot a lot of the wires and haven't had any glaring/obvious discrepancies.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good news. I fixed the ESP/BAS light issue by replacing the brake pedal switch. Didn't realize I was driving around without brake lights.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:32 AM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrisjlyon
Good news. I fixed the ESP/BAS light issue by replacing the brake pedal switch. Didn't realize I was driving around without brake lights.

Great! And you coming in to let everyone know what you did to fix it, even better! Thanks for the feedback!