Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Crossfire Fan Control Module Wizards Asymble!

Old 07-18-2019, 01:18 AM
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Crossfire Fan Control Module Wizards Asymble!

I know it's been forever and 3 days since I last posted. However on this problem I'm stuck, I replaced the fan (It literally broke itself free from the rotating motor).
After the replacing the fan with a new unit I assumed that the fcm (fan control module) was bad.
To test and ensure that the fcm was the broken part. I removed the fcm from my srt6 and I placed it into the na. The fan still did not move even with the AC cranked all the way up what am I missing guys?

Also thank you guys tremendously without you all there is no way, I cloud have survived the stickykey, rcm, conductor plate, crank and cam position sensors. You guys are all life savers, thankyou again

Old 07-18-2019, 09:46 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Crossfire Fan Control Module Wizards Asymble!

Originally Posted by GTR DRAGON
I know it's been forever and 3 days since I last posted. However on this problem I'm stuck, I replaced the fan (It literally broke itself free from the rotating motor).
After the replacing the fan with a new unit I assumed that the fcm (fan control module) was bad.
To test and ensure that the fcm was the broken part. I removed the fcm from my srt6 and I placed it into the na. The fan still did not move even with the AC cranked all the way up what am I missing guys?

Also thank you guys tremendously without you all there is no way, I cloud have survived the stickykey, rcm, conductor plate, crank and cam position sensors. You guys are all life savers, thankyou again
Silly question but you did plug the new fan in again?
Test the fan by just touching 12v to it quickly.

Old 07-18-2019, 12:23 PM

Even this morning I put the fan control module (the one I thought was broken) in the SRT 6 and it worked. I even played around with the relays between the two cars. I also to tested the fan by directly connecting it to the battery It worked.

Maybe I'm missing something simple like a blown fuse. Could you guys help me with the fuses related to the air conditioning/fan

Old 07-18-2019, 12:52 PM

I found the part guys in case you ever have the same problem or symptoms it's this little box next to the battery, it's this 50 red fuse. I'll take a photograph of it

I swear the crossfire made me a mechanic lol

Old 07-18-2019, 11:00 PM

Alright here's a quick little write-up just in case someone new to The forum and counters the same issue
1.If the fan is damaged replace it, it's not that difficult you don't need a mechanic it's literally two clips that are holding it in place. I personally removed the radiator hose to give me a little bit more clearance however I can see wiggling the fan in and out without removing the hose.
2. Test the fan by wiring it directly to the battery, to ensure its in proper working order
3. Check the 50 amp fuse it's in this little black box next to the battery it just pops open there's a little diagram on there telling which fuse is for the fan
4. Check the relay (the black square, next to the yellow square lol in fuse box)
5. Lastly if it's a fan control module if you can test one by plugging it in from another Crossfire or SLK.

Luckily my problem was just a broken fan (literally the fan spun itself loose from the housing) and the 50 amp fuse I hope this helps

Old 06-23-2020, 08:14 AM
Forum Regular
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by GTR DRAGON
I found the part guys in case you ever have the same problem or symptoms it's this little box next to the battery, it's this 50 red fuse. I'll take a photograph of it

I swear the crossfire made me a mechanic lol

Is this fuse blown? Or is this its replacement?