Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Anyone Try this Intercooler Sprayer? I'm game...

Old 09-05-2007, 02:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone Try this Intercooler Sprayer? I'm game...

http://www.designengineering.com/pro...p&pid=57&tid=1

Well, I was doing some research on a sprayer setup for the Intercooler heat exchanger. Surprise Surprise, I stumbled on this prefab kit with everything I need for only $94. For that I figure its worth a try. I assume that a mix of alcohol and H2O would do the trick.

Who on here has actually done a sprayer setup, and did it make a difference?

Old 09-09-2007, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone Try this Intercooler Sprayer? I'm game...

I would be interested in someone analyzing this upgrade from a thermodynamic standpoint.

The problems I can see, is that CO2 gas has a pretty low specific heat. Misting water on the intercooler may make a difference if you are in a low humidity climate, but I dont think you would see any added temperature gain by spraying the CO2 over the misted intercooler vanes.

If you want to do an experiment, try freezing water with some CO2 canisters that you can buy as refills for portable air dusters from office supply stores. Speaking from experience, even with a very small amount to water, its next to impossible without churning through a lot of compressed CO2.

An additional point to consider is the extra wear you are going to put on your intercooler by keeping it damp all the time. Granted, some people only care about sheer performance and not longevity.

Anyway, I would love to know if it works. I've tried plenty of random ideas in the past. It may be fun just to try.

Michael
'05 Black SRT-6

Old 09-19-2007, 08:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NeverEnough
http://www.designengineering.com/pro...p&pid=57&tid=1

Well, I was doing some research on a sprayer setup for the Intercooler heat exchanger. Surprise Surprise, I stumbled on this prefab kit with everything I need for only $94. For that I figure its worth a try. I assume that a mix of alcohol and H2O would do the trick.

Who on here has actually done a sprayer setup, and did it make a difference?
I know I would like to get the intercooler cooled down more. I know my car seems to have a bit more power before it gets up to normal operating temp. I was looking around and found this, but a lot more than $94.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NX-Ni...7142QQtcZphoto

Old 09-19-2007, 10:41 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Hellums
I know I would like to get the intercooler cooled down more. I know my car seems to have a bit more power before it gets up to normal operating temp. I was looking around and found this, but a lot more than $94.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NX-Ni...7142QQtcZphoto
You are better off re-plumbing your A/C compressor and run aluminum lines that zig zag in front of your charge air cooler...

Old 09-20-2007, 05:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDDP
You are better off re-plumbing your A/C compressor and run aluminum lines that zig zag in front of your charge air cooler...
Yeah, I was looking in front of the heat exchanger last night and that thing I posted probably wouldn't fit, there are two supports that go down in front of it to hold up the very bottom of the front fascia, (Bumper).