Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

A Flux Capacitor for the Crossfire

Old 09-07-2007, 01:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Flux Capacitor for the Crossfire

Just kidding...I was wanting to get your attention.

I'm a real car fiend when it comes to cars you dont commonly see (Ferrari's vs Toyota's). The style and unique things they do with each car make them so appealing to me. You have Lambo with their vertical doors, Benz and DeLorean with Gullwing and Butterfly (SLR), and Koenigsegg with their zainy Dihedral Synchro-Helix Actuating (extremely genius) doors. I have even seen a modified F430 with Lambo doors...a bit out of place it was, yes. It looked like a confused stallion who thought it was a raging bull.

But, to get to my point, has anyone seen door modifications for the Xfi beyond vertical Lambo doors? I would like to do something like the SLR; if that were even possible because of the lack of door frame above the windows. I have seen someone who had a competition XFi SRT6 who put the vertical doors on and I just didn't like it. It looks too weird. Who knows, I am probably wrong about the butterfly doors too. That might look just as ugly on this shape of car. What do you all think?

Also, has anyone done the Startech, Brabus, or RennTek upgrades also? I love the style of the Xfi but I think it should be just as fast and mean as it looks. So if anyone has done any of these, or other upgrades, let me know if it was worth it and how much you ended up spending. My ultimate goal is to get it up over 400 bhp (to reach 88 mph and go back to the future!! Lol sorry, just watched that movie). Maybe after all of that, I will graduate to a true German sports car.

Old 09-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: A Flux Capacitor for the Crossfire

I sat in an SLR about three months ago, and I would imagine that type of modification to a Crossfire would require SERIOUS fabrication and modification to the frame. It's a cool linkage/hinge though, You might be able to use them out of and SLR, but I'm guessing they would cost as much as a Crossfire to buy.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: A Flux Capacitor for the Crossfire

but i found one!...lol.
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=28