Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Audio not working

Old 12-14-2007, 11:41 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Audio not working

Hi guys,

This is my first post,

Basically i'm located in the uk, so my crossfire might be slightly different to yours, but i'm hoping you can help still. I've got the standard 3.2 215bhp model of crossfire (manual).

I bought the car a few months ago as a cat d (this basically means it has been registered as being in a minor accident by insurance companies).

The central locking and alarm doesn't work or the stereo until today, as I bought a central locking pump, which is the black box located under the carpet mats in the boot (trunk).

The central locking and alarm now works, but there's one lead left over which is connected to a metal plate box, i've been told that by buying a little black box (*manufactured by delphine) and connect it to this lead, then it might make the audio work, currently the stereo powers on when you put the key in, it comes up with Chrysler, then it goes onto radio, but it doesn't play anything and all the buttons on the head-unit of the stereo are inactive, nothing works on it, not even the power button. I can hear crackling from the speakers every now again, so i'm wondering if I need a new head unit or if I just need the small black box in the boot.

Sorry this is long winded but wanted to give as much details as possible.

So i'd be grateful if you could give me more info on what this mysterious small black audio box is called next to the central locking pump, or any information that you think will help me. I've searched a few sites and cant find anything about audio problems etc....

or if someone could post a manual or plan of how it works in the boot.

Thanks a lot

mp3wizard

Old 12-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Audio not working

Manuals and service publications can be found here.........https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=13875