Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Starting Problems PLEASE HELP

Old 07-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Starting Problems PLEASE HELP

Hi everyone! I am need of some desperate help. So I take my car to the dealership because the key was taking awhile to turn. I took it to the dealer and some smart guy told me my battery was out. Are you serious? Anyways, they proceed to tell me that they don't know what it is and that it could be the ignition lock cylinder. I have my reservations because it may take me awhile to turn the key but when it does, it turns beautifully and without any problem. Could this be my key? Please help, I am open to any suggestions and advice.

Old 07-17-2008, 06:34 PM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Starting Problems PLEASE HELP

Sorry, my friend, I'd love to help, but I don't really understand what the problem is.

Let me ask a few questions to clarify:
When you say that the key is slow to turn, do you mean that it is hard to turn the key in the ignition? Or do you mean that once you turn the key, the engine is slow to start?

Is it hard to turn the key in the ignition? If it is, then you've got a common problem. The ignition cylinder will need replaced. If it's under warranty, get it replaced as soon as possible. If you don't, it will eventually stop turning all together, and leave you stranded. If it isn't under warranty, you still need to get it replaced, but you'll need to save up. It's not cheap.

If the car is slow to start once the ignition is turned (with the key) that could be a host of other problems, and it's hard to say what. Again, get it fixed as soon as possible, as it will likely only get worse, and leave you stranded somewhere very inconvenient.