Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Fiberglass "Scooped" Crossfire Hood !

Old 10-13-2008, 03:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fiberglass "Scooped" Crossfire Hood !

Guys I know some of you dislike the hood...some are waiting to see it in person, our biggest problem by far is the style of the scoop and the rakes. Lets come up with the Idea of one hood and get this thing rolling, It is very hard to get a quality product at the price we've been quoted. I've been keeping a really low profile about this but we need to come to some type of agreement and make this happen...period.
I know I'm a new guy to the forum and I have met a couple of guys so far and called a few. I worked very hard to convence someone to take this project on and I get NOTHING!!!! outa this, but a hood I'll pay for.

As for the hood donation, Don and I spoke and I thought it would be better for him to be closer to the project so we had eyes on our hood and could get updates, Some of you may think I'm trying to make money or whatever, but my intentions were for the organization and not personal.

I like the AMX style hood but with out enough orders this issue is dead. PLEASE!!! let's not let this opportunity pass us by and regret it later. Just my 2C.

Sarge

Old 10-13-2008, 04:21 AM

Sarge, I don't think anyone thinks your getting anything but a great hood out of this. I'm thankful you stepped up and found someone to make it at a great price. As far as the strakes on the hood, when I first heard of and saw pictures of Mikes hood I wasn't sure if I would like it but when seeing it in person, I was sold. Also, I think the straight on view does show the "nostrils" line up and go very well with the lower grill work.

Each of us have our own eyes and views on looks so I can see the difficulty in getting people committed. That said, those of you on the fence, take another look at the scoop and possibilities.

Old 10-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by andrew
~ the only thing i don't like about the xkr hood thought is ... the lack of the center spine continuation.
I couldn't make out the center spline on the AMX hood.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill F
I couldn't make out the center spline on the AMX hood.
Bill, you can see the "spine" better in the photos that Andrew took of our two cars on Brice rd. last year. It's most noticable in the photo looking down on my hood parked nose to nose with his car.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=17372

The spine isn't as pronounced as the Crossfire's original hood but at least it has one. Plus, since Chrysler did indeed buy out AMC over 20 years ago, that means there IS a connection. Either way, fewer than five people out of 100 would ever pick up on its AMC heritage. Honestly, most everybody who sees it thinks it's factory, because so little is known about these cars.
If you had the chance to see it in person, everything would look so much better to you. In all fairness, ya can't judge it simply by the photos.
In actuality, there has really only been about 50 or 60 forum members who have seen it in the flesh, and I can't count how many people have told me they didn't like it until they saw it for real.
I try to make it to as many GTG's as I can, and I'll be at the Dragons Tail in a couple weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing everybody.
As nice looking as the Jag hood is, to most people who see it, I would think they'd recognize it as being Jag/Ford hardware and wonder what's the connection, and what's it doing on a Chrysler?
Oh yeah I forgot, it's subtle.

Last edited by +fireamx; 03-11-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Received 207 Likes on 157 Posts

I checked with AAAR today and we only have 3 confirmed orders for thre hood we need 7 more 10 total, are we going to get this done or not.?? jim

Old 10-13-2008, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by amx1397
I checked with AAAR today and we only have 3 confirmed orders for thre hood we need 7 more 10 total, are we going to get this done or not.?? jim
Jim, I don't know what to tell ya. 3 weeks ago there were 8 people who said they wanted one.
Maybe they had a change of heart.

Old 10-14-2008, 11:18 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Not uncommon on this forum...

Old 10-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sort of like 10 people signing up for a GTG and only 5 show up. No commitment.

Old 10-14-2008, 03:23 PM

Well... all other posts being said, I figure those that ponied up will get ours done someway, somehow with or without the others. I know these are touchy times with the economy and things, but still. I am not giving up my credit card # to AAR but I'm looking to get this done one way or another.

Old 10-16-2008, 04:14 PM

I'm still in...but my money is tight at the moment...but I have a bonus comming in Apr.

Guys, I really hope we can get this done...but if it doesn't happen I'll be the first to apologize for getting us in this mess.

Old 10-19-2008, 04:48 PM

Soooo is the AMX and XKR hoods both dead before production? I sure hope not. Don't make me double side tape-on a ricer scoop. Damn !

Old 10-19-2008, 06:24 PM
svo
Forum Regular
Old 10-20-2008, 03:05 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Nice look but what about the rain or snow, that is a concern at least once and a while. Woody Any provisions?