Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

speed booster a must read

Old 04-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speed booster a must read

Ive been a auto tech for 29 years now ... so tell me what ya think the best 300.00 mod

Last edited by Hands; 04-07-2009 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: speed booster a must read

Originally Posted by Hands
Ive been a auto tech for 29 years now ... so tell me what ya think the best 300.00 mod

hmm or you could just use the handy dandy search feature. Thanks though this is thread 157 on the sprint booster

Old 04-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if you have been an auto tech for 29 years i would think you would know what to think about it lol.

i personally think it is a waste of $300, a waste of $100, a waste of $50 and a waste at any price but that is just me.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
hmm or you could just use the handy dandy search feature. Thanks though this is thread 157 on the sprint booster
lol...your funny...but 300 buck to just push you gas pedal half way . i verified it with my Verus ,scoped the tps and throttle open all the way whether you push it half way or to the floor, so for 300 bucks i will push it to the floor.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:02 PM

lol...your funny...but 300 buck to just push you gas pedal half way . i verified it with my Verus ,scoped the tps and throttle open all the way whether you push it half way or to the floor, so for 300 bucks i will push it to the floor.
Just get a tune..... Or save your money for a NW intake, sorry for being a d0uche but that damn SB horse has been beaten to death

Old 04-08-2009, 05:52 AM

Just get a tune..... Or save your money for a NW intake, sorry for being a d0uche but that damn SB horse has been beaten to death
Thats cool, i understand, but some of us ..its new

Last edited by Hands; 04-08-2009 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you will read just a few of the replies about the Sprint Booster (just do a shearch on sprint booster) you will find 99 out of 100 love it and will say it is the best mod they have done. Keep this in mind "it CORRECTS THROTTLE LAG ONLY, IT DOES NOT INCREASE HP!" and it works. Another thing it does not just move the TPS to an early WOT, WOT has nothing to do with it. Buy one, you will like it.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by PAULW
If you will read just a few of the replies about the Sprint Booster (just do a shearch on sprint booster) you will find 99 out of 100 love it and will say it is the best mod they have done. Keep this in mind "it CORRECTS THROTTLE LAG ONLY, IT DOES NOT INCREASE HP!" and it works. Another thing it does not just move the TPS to an early WOT, WOT has nothing to do with it. Buy one, you will like it.
Maybe your seeing different numbers than i do when you are scoping and charting what its doing
It doesnt change what you call throttle lag at all... Thats the amount of time it takes for the pedal ,ecm, and throttle actuator to respond to eachother. it does change pedal travel thats all
Something tells me i might should not have posted what i found. But its what i found... I did post a better explanation of what i found in the best 300 mod. And i did alittle more than just read
So i will bow out
Thanks
Mike and Kathy

Last edited by Hands; 04-08-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:50 AM

It doesnt change what you call throttle lag at all... Thats the amount of time it takes for the pedal ,ecm, and throttle actuator to respond to eachother. it does change pedal travel thats all
That would be your opinion, I guess it doesn't change what you call throttle lag. I know exactly what I call throttle lag and not only I but the vast majority of SB owners agree it does a great job of correcting it.
As far as pedal travel I disagree there also, after almost three years of driving with a SB I have NEVER been at WOT at 1/2 or 3/4 throttle and as a matter of fact I was past 3/4 throttle and still throttling up when I reached the limiter at 158 MPH. Sorry with or without an SB 1/2 throttle does not equal WOT in my car.

No matter what it does or does not do everyone is welcome to their opinion but it does not change the fact that an overwhelming majority of us are very happy we have one.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:00 AM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

That would be your opinion, I guess it doesn't change what you call throttle lag. I know exactly what I call throttle lag and not only I but the vast majority of SB owners agree it does a great job of correcting it.
As far as pedal travel I disagree there also, after almost three years of driving with a SB I have NEVER been at WOT at 1/2 or 3/4 throttle and as a matter of fact I was past 3/4 throttle and still throttling up when I reached the limiter at 158 MPH. Sorry with or without an SB 1/2 throttle does not equal WOT in my car.

No matter what it does or does not do everyone is welcome to their opinion but it does not change the fact that an overwhelming majority of us are very happy we have one.
Well put...I have to agree.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:19 AM

Its a opinion with some factual data , but its a opinion...did you scope it ? I took offence to your statment that i should read alittle, When in all fact i did alittle more than just read.... but i can agree to disagree
Maybe my post in the best 300 mod will explain what i found alittle better

Last edited by Hands; 04-08-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:19 AM

And the debate RAGES ON !!!

Old 04-08-2009, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Stogey
LOL i didnt know....but i do now
Thanks
Mike and Kathy

Old 04-08-2009, 09:36 AM

Its a opinion with some factual data , but its a opinion...did you scope it ? I took offence to your statment that i should read alittle, When in all fact i did alittle more than just read....
Quote:

Thats cool, i understand, but some of us ..its new
I did not intend to offend you by asking you to read but you had not told us you had tried one as a matter of fact you had just stated " but to some of us ..its new" so believing that was true I thought you might wish to read about the device you ask about. I feel kinda like I was ambushed.

Oh well, I like it and you don't, its all good!

Old 04-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Paul, I guess we're all wrong!

Old 04-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts

This statement is a bit ambiguous isn't it, doesn't change it, but does a great job of correcting it? That statement is not going to sell any SB's

Simply changing the strength of the accelerator pedal spring to a weaker one makes any car seem livelier. With a strong spring you would think you were driving a tank, you would save gas though.

With $300 in my hand I would put it toward a CAI, the SB may make the car seem livelier but so does a throttle reset and that costs nothing.

If the SB could not be returned after opening the package, it would make people really feel a performance improvement, human nature being what it is. This leads me to ask if they can they be returned after trying one out?

I cannot be convinced, but its your money and if you are happy, great.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Stogey
And on, and on, and.......

Old 04-08-2009, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80

This statement is a bit ambiguous isn't it, doesn't change it, but does a great job of correcting it? That statement is not going to sell any SB's

Only if you take it out of context like that.. and I don't sell Sprint Boosters I only use one.
Hear we go again.......

Disclaimer:
All statements made about this product are opinions only and opinions are like you know whats, everyone has one and can be very unpleasant if heard from. Continuing to participate it some SB threads could lead to excessive BS overload resulting in total brown out. Enter at your own risk.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:40 AM

I did not intend to offend you by asking you to read but you had not told us you had tried one as a matter of fact you had just stated " but to some of us ..its new" so believing that was true I thought you might wish to read about the device you ask about. I feel kinda like I was ambushed.

Oh well, I like it and you don't, its all good!
Sorry paul , I dont understand what you mean by ambushed, and can assure you that was not my intent. Maybe because i had replyed in two different places on here it got lost in the mix and i just did the tests to confirm what i had read and replyed this morning to a question that was ask of me so i said what i had found. Im sure that there are alot of things that can be said without any factual data to back it up, Im not one! I did the homework before i said anything in a opposing view point to the sb.
Thanks
Mike And Kathy

Old 04-08-2009, 10:49 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

You could always buy one of the performance chips on Ebay.
They claim to all sorts of great stuff for your car!
AND they are cheaper!

Quick Reply: speed booster a must read