Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Goodwill Discount From Michelin...

Old 01-21-2004, 07:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Goodwill Discount From Michelin...

(mightyjlr... if you think this post is inappropriate, feel free to delete it).

Hey Gang,

I am in no way connected with Discount Tire or Michelin. I'm only passing on some info I got from my local store today in search of a new tire for #2815.

If you need a new tire to replace a low milage one that suffered road damage check with Discount Tire or a Michelin Dealer before you go to you're Chrysler Dealer.

A gentleman at Discount Tire called Michelin to order a tire for me. Being a member of my Jeep club, he is always looking for ways to get us the best price on tires, sometimes cutting into his own profit margin.

Trying to save me some money, he found out Michelin has set aside a few thousand tires for emergancy replacement. They are real proud of the Pilot Sport 2 and will give up to a 50% "Goodwill" discount for a tire that was damaged from a road hazard. You have to ask for it and will need to provide the vehicle VIN and tire serial numbers.

My Chrysler dealer would not budge off the price of the new tire. The bottom line is: shop around for your new tires, there are better prices out there.

Discount Tire also offers "no questions asked" tire replacement insurance at a resonable price. It even covered my Jeep tires that were damaged while out on a 4x4 trail.

For those who do not need the OEM "high performance" Pilot 2 tires that come standard on the Xfire, Michelin and some other makers offer tires in the same size at half the price and get more milage. Just a thought for those of you who are looking to save a few dollars.