Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

New Problem #2... Whining Noise While Driving

Old 01-31-2004, 09:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Problem #2... Whining Noise While Driving

Hey Gang,

Problem #2, anyone experiencing this:

While driving at highway speed, I sometime hear a low pitch whine type of noise. It goes away whenever I take my foot off the gas.

Also, when the car is cold and first started I hear a whine kind of noise while waiting for the engine to warm up a little. It goes away after 30 seconds to a minute.

Boy... #2815 sure comes up with a lot of strange noised, maybe I'm to used to driving Hondas and my Jeep TJ. I've never heard so many strange sounds come from a vehicle.

Thanks for any inputs.

Old 01-31-2004, 10:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just the other day, it was 40 degree in the morn, my xfire made a very strange noise from inside the cabin, sounded like a antenna motor??? It went away after about 1 minute or so. Any ideas anyone?

Old 01-31-2004, 03:55 PM
kusheen
Default swag

Electronic fuel pump?

Old 02-02-2004, 01:21 PM

After reading the header my first response was, "Leave your girlfriend home next time." But figuring I'd catch too much **** for that, I decided not to post it.

Old 02-02-2004, 01:23 PM

:lol: Glad you decided not to post it, Reg..LMAO.. :lol:

Old 02-22-2004, 03:57 PM

Tranny? It happens in my Chrysler Sebring, if I hold the gas at exactly 120km/h, the tranny whines quite noticeably, however when I let go of the gas and my car slows down, the whine goes away, if i increase the throttle and my car goes faster, the whine also goes away.

Old 02-22-2004, 04:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaLurker
Tranny? It happens in my Chrysler Sebring, if I hold the gas at exactly 120km/h, the tranny whines quite noticeably, however when I let go of the gas and my car slows down, the whine goes away, if i increase the throttle and my car goes faster, the whine also goes away.
Thanks for the input... sounds exactly what mine is doing. I guess it's just live with it kind of things???

Old 02-22-2004, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by EVS Motors
Just the other day, it was 40 degree in the morn, my xfire made a very strange noise from inside the cabin, sounded like a antenna motor??? It went away after about 1 minute or so. Any ideas anyone?
Originally Posted by az outlaws"
Hey Gang,

Problem #2, anyone experiencing this:

While driving at highway speed, I sometime hear a low pitch whine type of noise. It goes away whenever I take my foot off the gas.

Also, when the car is cold and first started I hear a whine kind of noise while waiting for the engine to warm up a little. It goes away after 30 seconds to a minute.

Boy... #2815 sure comes up with a lot of strange noised, maybe I'm to used to driving Hondas and my Jeep TJ. I've never heard so many strange sounds come from a vehicle.

Thanks for any inputs.
thats normal its what most mercedes products do like my mothers 04 e500 it does taht motor noise everytime we pit the key in. im not really an expert on where the noise is coming from since ive never took the time to notice where it comes from but all i know its been like this on our ml and e class. so dont worry :P oh btw my xfire does this too

im not sure what the problem there is :?: because it hasnt happened on mine

Old 03-02-2004, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws
Originally Posted by DaLurker
Thanks for the input... sounds exactly what mine is doing. I guess it's just live with it kind of things???
Guess so? I've asked my Service Manager and it seems to be normal. My tranny seems to be perfect otherwise, I just try to keep it away from 120km/h (hehe.... 140km/h :P Can't feel the speed in my car :P stable i tells yah).